Associate of Applied Science Degree in Graphic Design & Multimedia, @
To Whom It May Concern:
I am a motivated bilingual Graphic Design Artist seeking Full Time Employment with an established firm in the industry. I am looking forward to the opportunity to apply the graphic and artistic skills I received while working on my Bachelors Degree in Visual Communications. I like to be challenged and I am
To Whom It May Concern:
I am a motivated bilingual Graphic Design Artist seeking Full Time Employment with an established firm in the industry. I am looking forward to the opportunity to apply the graphic and artistic skills I received while working on my Bachelors Degree in Visual Communications. I like to be challenged and I am committed to developing and learning new skills. I would greatly appreciate if you would take a moment to look over my resume and see that I have the qualities you are looking for. I look forward to meeting with you to share my portfolio and to discuss how I can contribute to the continued success of your ﬁrm. I am eager to learn more about your organization and to share with you the prospects and possibilities of how my Talents, Education and Experience will benefit your company.
Project Coordinator @ • Prepare and deliver sales presentations to new and existing customers to sell new advertising programs, and to protect and increase existing advertising.
• Provide clients with estimates of the costs of advertising products or services.
• Inform customers of available options for advertising products, and provide samples.
• Deliver advertising or illustration proofs to customers for approval.
• Gather and organize information to plan and coordinate promotional specialties for event.
• Confer with Manufactures to assess progress and discuss needed changes on custom items.
• Arrange for delivery, assembly, or distribution of supplies or parts to expedite flow of materials and meet production schedules.
• Examine documents, materials, or products and monitor work processes to assess completeness, accuracy, and conformance to standards and specifications.
• Confer with establishment personnel, vendors, or customers to coordinate production or shipping activities and to resolve complaints or eliminate delays.
• Record production data, including volume produced, consumption of raw materials, or quality control measures.
• Calculate figures, such as required amounts of labor or materials, manufacturing costs, or wages, using pricing schedules, adding machines, calculators, or computers. From January 2012 to Present (4 years) Graphic Designer @ • Used knowledge of typography and page layout to design printed labels for various products.
• Position Text, Art Elements, Product description, Warranty, Disclaimer, and GHS Compliance or WHMIS Classifications, in a visually appealing and creative way to meet all compliance standards. As well as follow guidelines provided by printing press
• Review final layout of labels and suggest improvements as needed on brands such as Pacific Polymers®, Miracle®, Foamseal® and Stay'-Put®. From April 2015 to June 2015 (3 months) Production Artist @ • Set up one on one appointment with customers for concept design on brochures, business materials (business cards, letterhead, envelopes), postcards, and custom design work.
• Responsible for creating a variety of promotional advertising pieces including text, graphics and photos for website and Online network.
• Developed a proofing process, by designing templates for fax and email purposes.
• Handle custom orders and gave quotes based on Supplies, Production, and Shipping Cost.
• Organized and Review Artwork to reducing rasterization problems that cause production delays.
• Process Orders with Vendors and Maintain contact throughout Production and Shipping Process.
• In charged of Production and responsible for meeting customers in hands date.
• Stayed in constant contact with technicians in order to assure equipment was well Maintain for adequate In-house printing. From November 2008 to November 2010 (2 years 1 month) Graphic Designer @ • Provided ongoing Customer Service Support on phones, taking orders and handling Customer questions.
• Maintained direct and continuous contact with Clients throughout Proof and Approval Process.
• Processed custom orders by converting ﬁles to proper format and accurately.
• Adjusted, Sized and Color Separated Logo Artwork for printing.
• Work directly with Print Vendors to insure projects were delivered accurately and on time.
• Collaborated with and supported Graphics Team on all ongoing and special assignment projects.
• Primary contact source for collecting & distributing Customer Artwork and correspondences to the Graphics Team.
• Collected, assembled and ﬁled data for seasonal Graphics Department Account Tracking. From October 2005 to December 2006 (1 year 3 months) Photo Editor @ • Responsible for photo Cropping, Retouching, Compositing, Color Correcting, and Archiving.
• Coordinated with Photographer and Stylist to identify the exact requirements for photographic content published in Krave Magazine and Girls do Talk.
•Assembled lighting kit and additional props for scenery. From March 2005 to October 2006 (1 year 8 months)
Bachelor of Applied Science (B.A.Sc.), Design and Visual Communications, General @ Westwood College From 2010 to 2012 Associate of Applied Science Degree in Graphic Design & Multimedia, Graphic Communications @ Westwood College-Dallas From 2003 to 2005 Abiud Zavala is skilled in: Illustrator, Photoshop, Photography, Photo Editing, Digital Photography, Flash, Dreamweaver, InDesign, QuarkXPress, Color Theory, Color Correction, Color Matching, Graphic Design, Web Design, Packaging