I am currently a senior student in USC with a major in Computer Science&Business Administration and a minor in Video Game Programming. I have most experience with Java and C++. I am also experienced with web development with Ruby on Rails framework, html, css, and such. I'd like to seek new challenges in my life and learn
I am currently a senior student in USC with a major in Computer Science&Business Administration and a minor in Video Game Programming. I have most experience with Java and C++. I am also experienced with web development with Ruby on Rails framework, html, css, and such. I'd like to seek new challenges in my life and learn from great minds.
Personal Website: tuyunying.com
Software Engineering Intern @ - Develop a Sentinel Web Service to perform data analysis on EC2 IP mapping correctness. Raise alarms on abnormal conditions to help developers find issues during large scale operational events
- Write Linux shell script to concatenate raw data; utilize S3 and DynamoDB to store and process huge amount of data; develop the web service using Java and Spring framework; design and implement algorithms to analyze the data and provide APIs for users to easily get the results; write comprehensive documentation for other software engineers to continue maintaining the service. From May 2015 to August 2015 (4 months) Grader / Course Producer @ - Help students debug their programs during labs of a C++ course. Diagnose possible bugs in an unfamiliar program; proficient in C++ programming. Communicate with students to understand their requests and give answers in a simple and fast way.
- Grade programming assignments. Read hundreds to thousands of lines of code to make sure a specific algorithm is correctly implemented. Diagnose potential faults and give suggestions on the best solution.
- Discern and summarize students’ learning flaws. Report to professors. Discuss with other Course Producers in a team environment to find an efficient way to help students and thus improve the quality of the course From January 2014 to January 2015 (1 year 1 month) Research Intern @ - Managed and debug existing database about Chinese Cities Retail Profile. Translated Nanjing City Profile, which was published.
- Inspected more than thirty Shanghai retail properties. Track foot traffic, vacancy rate, rent level, changes in property positioning of each property. Generated quarterly report.
- Performed analysis on massive retail industry in ten leading China cities based on both macroeconomics data, and industry-specific data. Wrote report and presentation file in a professional format.
- Analyzed the quality and characters of more than 100 Shanghai retail properties. Articulate their features and recommend appropriate properties based on clients' (including Levis, Ping'an, etc) requests. From June 2014 to August 2014 (3 months) Customer Service Representative @ - Maintained an organized collection of student residents’ mails and deliveries; Discharge designated packages on residents' request.
- Answer questions in a friendly and professional way. Work with fellow customer service representatives to improve residents' satisfaction.
- Communicate with university housing staffs to provide a pleasant living environment for residents. From November 2012 to May 2014 (1 year 7 months) IT Intern @ - Prepared a three-day office-moving plan and assisted the implementation of the plan, which influenced more than 100 officers across three buildings.
- Provided technical support when errors occurred in software applications in the corporation. Managed and discharged IT equipment on requests.
- Managed the back-end of the company's server. Provided permission to access specific data to designated users.
- Managed and inspected the income and expenditure of IT department. Collect invoices in an organized way. Generated monthly report to the director. From May 2013 to August 2013 (4 months)
Bachlor, Computer Science; Business Administration; Video Game Programming, 3.84 @ University of Southern California From 2012 to 2016 Shanghai No.2 High School Attached to East China Normal University From 2009 to 2012 Yunying Tu is skilled in: C++, Java, Research, HTML, Social Media, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Office, CSS, MySQL, Eclipse, Software Development, PowerPoint, Python, Unreal, Software Project Management
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension