Procurement Analyst and Buyer @ Ford Motor Company
Summer Intern @ Lear Corporation
Bachelor's Degree, Business Administraton @
Central Michigan University
Hi my name is Steve Reid.
I am a dedicated professional working to get the job done beyond expectations. Currently I provide administrative and organizational assistance for purchasing strategies, combined with cost savings and technology initiatives. I am happy to say that I have experience in purchasing departments of both the OEM and OEM suppliers and have
Hi my name is Steve Reid.
I am a dedicated professional working to get the job done beyond expectations. Currently I provide administrative and organizational assistance for purchasing strategies, combined with cost savings and technology initiatives. I am happy to say that I have experience in purchasing departments of both the OEM and OEM suppliers and have found trusting relationships between customers and buyers are important.
My current career objective is to obtain employment in a research driven position requiring the use of descriptive analytics, data, and science to enhance my education and progress my professional experience. I have a strong background in Microsoft Excel data analytics / statistics, visual output, and record keeping. Backed by VBA experience decoding and encoding. I have a strong thirst to improve knowledge, I feel I can make an excellent candidate for a research position.
I hold a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (B.S.B.A) major of Purchasing and Supply Chain Management and a minor in Economics from Central Michigan University in My. Pleasant, MI
Purchasing Analyst @ ● Support the chassis purchasing team as the global purchasing lead to develop commodity plan for brake system components.
● Manage, generate and facilitate solutions to global supply disruptions
● Developed sourcing agreements, Multi-Year agreements
● Assist in developing strategies for future sourcing and coping with troubled suppliers
● Interaction with team members, including purchasing staff, engineering, and supplier technical assistance From August 2014 to Present (1 year 5 months) Intern @ • Automotive Seating Foam and Trim
• Part Costing Teardown
• Directed and Non-directed parts study
• Worked with cost models and obtaining quotes
• Maintain relationship with supplier working on cost and technology improvements
• Cross referencing part numbers, checking for accurate purchasing software data and budget file data From May 2014 to August 2014 (4 months) Southfield, MichiganPurchasing Intern @ During the summer my goal as a intern is to make it easier for the buyers to analyze their spend data visually. This was achieved through picture with part identification database.
• Intern in the Mechanical purchasing division at CNH Industrial
• Assisted buyers in developing cost regression analysis's
• Sat in on supplier orientation, negotiation, and training meetings. These meetings often involved engineering and purchasing.
• Researched commodity price indexes
• Contributed in creating and maintaining supplier strategies
• Developed a purchased parts catalog
• Assisted with compliance of purchasing standard operating procedures From May 2013 to August 2013 (4 months) Burr Ridge, ILGolf Services Team Leader @ - Trained and assisted the education of new hires
- Responsible for member services, including; golf operations, driving range, member golf bags and country club golf cart operations.
- Conducted weekly inventory and supply orders From May 2009 to August 2012 (3 years 4 months) bloomfield hills, miFinish Line Athletic Apparel @ • Responsible for inventory control and maintenance of records for incoming stock
• Ensured bill of lading was consistent with orders From March 2008 to August 2008 (6 months) Troy, MI
Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.), 3.3 @ Oakland University From 2014 to 2017 Bachelor's Degree, Business Administraton @ Central Michigan University From 2011 to 2014 Troy High School From 2004 to 2008 Steve Reid is skilled in: Microsoft Office, Supply Chain Management, Purchasing, Pricing, Global Sourcing, Lean Manufacturing, Supply Chain Optimization, Target Costing, Office Administration, Forecasting, Supply Chain Operations, Cost Benefit, Value Stream Mapping, Materials, Supplier Sourcing
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension