Market research professional with over 18 years of experience across primary consumer research and sales research and analytics. Strong communication skills and ability to influence strategic direction at senior management levels. Experience with research across multiple countries including the US, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, Venezuela, Chile, Argentina, South Korea, Japan, and Australia. Strong ability to influence and persuade,
Market research professional with over 18 years of experience across primary consumer research and sales research and analytics. Strong communication skills and ability to influence strategic direction at senior management levels. Experience with research across multiple countries including the US, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, Venezuela, Chile, Argentina, South Korea, Japan, and Australia. Strong ability to influence and persuade, strategic vision, and analytical skill and creativity answering difficult business challenges.
Consumer and Market Insights Director II - Americas/Australia @ -Full control of $5MM+ research budget across North and South America and Australasia – which are the key future growth markets for Fromageries Bel.
-Leading a growth project with direct reporting to Bel Americas CEO to understand how best to meet aggressive 2025 growth objectives either via acquisitions or brand expansion into alternate categories.
-Led market research plan for large-scale introduction (and re-launch) of Laughing Cow and Mini Babybel in Brazil and Mexico (after a failed first launch attempt in Mexico). Heavily involved with Latin Americas GM in strategy development, future growth forecasting, and recommending potential acquisitions to obtain increased funding from central leadership team in Paris.
-Developed and led multi-phase research plan in the US to re-stage the Laughing Cow and Mini Babybel brands with an incremental $750K in funding approved by senior leadership. Re-stage plan was successfully implemented in August 2014 with both brands growing double digits since relaunch.
-Led several cross-country projects to allow Bel to leverage consumer similarities across zones to create scale (exploration of new categories; global package graphics initiative on Boursin brand; global innovation project).
-Led strategic project to plan the future for Laughing Cow and Mini Babybel in Australia, and to explore launching Boursin.
-Commitment to personnel growth and development: spear-headed first ever Bel CMI department job switch between Paris and Chicago. In a tight budget environment, negotiated generous packages for both team members to allow a 3 year contract for each team member in the other country. From February 2014 to Present (1 year 11 months) Consumer and Market Insights Director @ From May 2010 to January 2014 (3 years 9 months) Market Research Technical Leader/Senior Manager @ • Managed sales research (i.e., Nielsen scanned and household panel) team of 4 individuals across Kimberly-Clark Tissue Products group.
• Managed sales research responsibilities for the Cottonelle and Viva brands. Responsible for development of annual marketing research learning plans tied to brand strategies.
• Created a standardized approach to category-level forecasts that tie together multiple data sources and ensuring one cohesive view of category performance.
• Managed quarterly process for estimating total all-outlet shares (measured and non-measured channels prior to Wal*mart/Sams availability in Nielsen database). Information was used to report business performance to Wall Street. From July 2008 to May 2010 (1 year 11 months) Market Research Manager @ • Managed sales analytics responsibilities across multiple baby and child care product categories and brands including HUGGIES® Diapers, HUGGIES® Toiletries, Pull-Ups® Training Pants, Goodnites® Youth Pants, and HUGGIES® Little Swimmers®.
• Managed market research needs and making recommendations for the toiletries business – the first major domain expansion for the HUGGIES brand since the introduction of HUGGIES Little Swimmers. Managed both consumer and marketplace research for the toiletries business as K-C planned for introduction and went to market.
• Represented Kimberly-Clark in two external market research conferences and presented as a subject matter expert on best practices in packaging research. From 2005 to 2008 (3 years) Market Research Analyst 2 @ • Developed and implemented the research plan for the first large revision to HUGGIES Baby Wipes brand architecture in 2000-2001.
• Drove the adoption of key research methods to close major learning gaps, including fundamental studies such as a Usage Diary (not updated in over 6 years), quantitative advertising testing, and discrete choice methodology. From 2001 to 2005 (4 years) Market Research Analyst 1 @ From 1998 to 2001 (3 years) Consumer Services Rep @ From 1996 to 1998 (2 years)
BA, Economics, Math, French @ Lawrence University From 1991 to 1995 Calcutta International SChool Srabani Rake is skilled in: Marketing Research, Market Research, Consumer Insights, Qualitative Research, Market Analysis, Segmentation, FMCG, Customer Insight, Consumer Products, Consumer Behaviour, Shopper Marketing, Brand Equity, Strategy, Product Development, Quantitative Research
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension