Senior Product Manager for ICS and Operational Technology Products @ Tenable
Senior Product Manager @ Palo Alto Networks
Principal Product Manager @ Lookout
Rich experience in software and solutions as Architect, Product Management, Program Lead and Engineering Lead in a wide variety of business applications and IT infrastructure. Results oriented and focused on delivering my enterprise’s goals. Good balance of business, analytical and technical skills. Team player with proven ability to work collaboratively with business, engineering and management. Entrepreneurial spirit
Rich experience in software and solutions as Architect, Product Management, Program Lead and Engineering Lead in a wide variety of business applications and IT infrastructure. Results oriented and focused on delivering my enterprise’s goals. Good balance of business, analytical and technical skills. Team player with proven ability to work collaboratively with business, engineering and management. Entrepreneurial spirit and willing to challenge the norm.
Particularly interested in further opportunities as a Product Manager delivering on critical business initiatives in the Social, Mobile, Analytics and Cloud world.
Specialties: APIs, Mobile Solutions and Apps, Cloud Based Solutions (SMAC), Search Infrastructure and Technology (Solr, Lucene, Nutch), Open-Source Solutions, Distributed Storage, Big Data Management (Hadoop), Scalable Server-Side and Networking Applications (Node.js), Data Intensive Computing and Serving, Knowledge as a Service (KaaS), Software as a Service (SaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), Platform and Systems Architecture, Analysis, Design and Product Development, Process Automation and Re-engineering.
Principal Product Manager @ From August 2015 to Present (5 months) San Francisco Bay AreaPrincipal Product Manager @ -Providing thought leadership on SaaS solutions and platforms to take advantage of the wealth of data Intuit has, cloud based services and Intuit’s deep domain expertise in the financial arena.
-Defining roadmap, platform requirements and managing development associated with Intuit’s Search Vertical. Core use cases served are Self-Help, Assisted Care and real-time search across all Intuit’s products. Personalized, contextual and user-specific solutions are a key tenet of my team.
-Defining and managing Intuit’s shift to using real-time and big data to provide the right data at the right time and place.
-Driving Intuit’s shift to loosely connected, course-grained services and API model away from product centered data and application silos. From May 2014 to Present (1 year 8 months) Senior Manager, Product & Marketing @ -Enabling customers to transform their organization as part of their digital journey.
-Developing an API first approach for organizations to address their mobile, web and social app needs
-Extending API management with programmability and orchestration.
-Providing thought leadership on the products, solutions and platforms to take advantage of the Social, Mobile, Analytics, Cloud (SMAC) Enterprise IT model. From October 2013 to March 2014 (6 months) Senior Product Manager, Search Platforms and Data Intensive Serving Containers @ - Managed products associated with the company's globally deployed Cloud Services, Data Intensive Computing and Serving systems and Search Platform solutions.
- Defined roadmap, product requirements and managed development associated with the company's Search Platform and Search Infrastructure for Yahoo’s consumer and advertising properties.
- Defined the vision, key capabilities, the specific product roadmap and implementation associated with the company's Cloud Platform and Data Intensive Computing and Serving platforms.
- Directed the Product Development/Engineering teams utilizing Agile Development processes (Scrum) to develop user stories, maintain/groom product backlog, refine priorities and establish predictable product delivery velocity for each product managed.
- Drive Open Source strategy for Yahoo’s Data Intensive Computing and Serving platforms. From August 2011 to October 2013 (2 years 3 months) Product Manager @ - Managed the program for the company's Cloud Storage and “Storage as a Service” solutions.
- Defined roadmap and technical requirements associated with the company's initial Distributed Storage solution and Storage as a Service solution.
- Defined the vision, key capabilities and the specific implementation associated with company's intra-corporate use of Open Source Search technologies.
- Drove the specification and development of core features associated with intra-corporate search using Open Source platforms. From 2009 to August 2011 (2 years) Systems Architecture Analyst @ - Managed the company's Joint Architecture and Design Steering Committee.
- Worked with Senior Management to define the strategic roadmap and technical requirements associated with the company's Scalability initiatives.
- Worked with Senior Management to drive the processes, tools and development activities associated with cross-team initiatives between Product Development and Operations.
- Drove the development of core features associated with big data management, performance data warehousing and distributed application logging management From June 2004 to 2009 (5 years) Solutions Architect @ - Defined Java based system architecture and managed software development for multi-tier, distributed PLM solution. Customer recognition - Consistently delivered on time and under budget.
- Architected and managed development of a Global XML based data delivery and messaging infrastructure.
- Designed and developed the Global PLM business and data-tier systems; directed software development, implementation and support activities.
- Designed, developed and implemented the company’s Rational Unified Process requirements assessment, OO software design, code development and solution implementation approaches. From July 1999 to June 2004 (5 years) Product Line Manager @ - Provided a comprehensive coordination and direction of all software activities from research to market. Contributed to the architecture roadmap definition and directed strategic planning for the development of future software products (Structural Design and Motion Analytics Division).
- Established strong working relationships with major customers; engaged customers to determine future product direction and improve customer relations.
- Developed and managed Simulation and CAE implementation programs and Professional Services activities for major Pacific Rim customers.
- Developed technical assessment of major Pacific Rim customer’s CAE needs; designed and then implemented the best product and process solutions for major customers. From July 1995 to January 1998 (2 years 7 months) Tokyo, JapanTechnical Applications Consultant @ - Directed Simulation / CAE technical sales support activities for North East USA customers. (Team consistently achieved and exceeded revenue quotas.)
- Developed and helped manage Simulation and CAE implementation programs for North East USA customers. From November 1994 to July 1995 (9 months) Structural Engineering Lead @ - Directed the design and analysis of the Composite Nacelle Program for Advanced Engine Programs.
- Directed the multi-company/government structural design team developing improved composite materials for Hi-Bypass Turbofans.
- Developed design methodology and implemented solutions and software to automate composite design process.
- Developed structural analysis software solutions to perform structural analysis of aircraft composite structures. From June 1990 to November 1994 (4 years 6 months)
Data Science @ Udacity From 2014 to 2016 Program Management @ University of California, Berkeley, Haas School of Business From 2010 to 2013 Computer Science/Software Engineering @ University of California, Santa Cruz From 2007 to 2011 Mechanical/Aerospace Engineering, 3.6 @ Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute at Hartford From 1991 to 1994 BS, Aerospace/Mechanical Eng, 3.8 @ Syracuse University From 1986 to 1990 Scott Clement is skilled in: SaaS, Cloud Computing, High Availability, System Architecture, Hadoop, Big Data, Search, Software Development, Architectures, Product Management, APIs, Mobile Applications, PaaS, Node.js, Social Web
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension