Assistant Vice President, Risk Strategy Manager: US Credit Card @ MBNA America
Senior Financial Services Executive with a proven record of performance in high impact assignments across multiple business lines and functions. Extensive experience in risk management, loss forecasting, business development, P&L management and in developing and executing innovative and challenging business plans. Proficient in directing and motivating teams to enhance profit and loss results. Strong communication skills with
Senior Financial Services Executive with a proven record of performance in high impact assignments across multiple business lines and functions. Extensive experience in risk management, loss forecasting, business development, P&L management and in developing and executing innovative and challenging business plans. Proficient in directing and motivating teams to enhance profit and loss results. Strong communication skills with the demonstrated ability to partner with key stakeholders to achieve cross functional goals.
• Executive Leadership
• Credit Risk
• Strategy Development, Implementation, Validation
• P&L Management
• Loss Forecasting
• Control, Compliance, Regulatory Relations
• Credit Underwriting
• Business Development
• Strategic Planning and Analytics
Senior Vice President, US Credit Card Risk Strategies Executive @ • Direct credit risk analytics, loss forecasting and strategy development for the US Consumer Card portfolio including new originations and existing account credit policy.
• Reengineered new account scorecards and line assignment strategies to align with the corporate risk appetite, achieve profitability hurdles and more effectively manage volatility.
• Redeveloped existing account line management strategies to more effectively manage credit risk and portfolio contingent line.
• Implemented enhanced performance monitoring routines, test and control infrastructure and modeling and testing cadence for both new and existing accounts.
• Risk representative for US Card strategic planning activities including account planning, prioritization of marketing efforts, setting the risk appetite and communicating recommendations to the Consumer Bank leadership team.
• Extensive interaction with regulators including the Federal Reserve, CFPB and the OCC. Primary line of business contact on exams related to new and existing account credit policy. From August 2010 to Present (5 years 3 months) Wilmington, DelawareSenior Vice President, Loss Forecasting, MIS and Control Executive: Global Card Services @ • Responsible for loss forecasting processes across Global Card Services including stress testing and the allowance, trust and forbearance forecasts. Led the team that completed the Federal Reserve Board Stress Tests (2/09).
• Redeveloped MIS infrastructure to include more robust delinquency monitoring, demographic profiling, geographic trending and strategy performance monitoring. Implemented key management routines to review and take action on changing portfolio trends.
• Developed and implemented a robust set of forums, audits and management routines to enhance the operational risk and compliance infrastructure. Primary contact with internal Audit and the OCC on exams and regulatory matters relating to the Credit Division. From 2008 to 2010 (2 years) Wilmington, DelawareSenior Vice President, Marketing Operations Executive: Consumer Loans @ • Responsible for oversight of all Business Development activities including the product structure, pricing, profit plans and expense management. Responsible for $100MM annual marketing budget.
• Transformed the Consumer Loan business from a single acquisition channel, $11B portfolio into a brand based, multi-channel organization with loans exceeding $25B. From 2006 to 2008 (2 years) Newark, DelawareSenior Vice President, Credit Division Director: Consumer Loans @ • Managed the day-to-day operations of a 250 person regional Consumer Lending organization responsible for rendering credit decisions of unsecured consumer loans with volume exceeding $7B annually.
• Responsible for $42.6MM annual budget and the coordination of recruiting and hiring efforts within the Consumer Finance Credit Division. From 2004 to 2006 (2 years) Cleveland, OhioSenior Vice President, Risk Strategy Unit Manager: Consumer Loans @ • Responsible for the management of existing account revenue strategies for an $11B loan portfolio. Administered all account management credit policy for pricing, retention, cash activation, risk detection and automated credit line increases. From 2002 to 2004 (2 years) Wilmington, DelawareVice President, Risk Strategy Unit Manager: Sales Finance @ • Responsible for new account acquisition policy and portfolio management strategies for a $2B consumer loan portfolio. Administered all new account policy for credit decisions, secondary routing, line assignments, pricing, and loan term assignments From 2000 to 2002 (2 years) Wilmington, DelawareAssistant Vice President, Risk Strategy Manager: US Credit Card @ From 1999 to 2000 (1 year) Wilmington, DelawareSenior Personal Banking Officer, US Credit Card Risk Analyst @ From 1997 to 1999 (2 years) Wilmington, Delaware
Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) @ University of Rhode Island From 1989 to 1992
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension