University of Southern California - Marshall School of Business
Experienced executive with expertise in developing all aspects of a Customer Success organization in a SaaS business. Successful track record of enabling customers as they mature through their journey and achieve their desired outcome. Excel at establishing the milestones that serve to guide the process along the right track and act as an early warning system that
Experienced executive with expertise in developing all aspects of a Customer Success organization in a SaaS business. Successful track record of enabling customers as they mature through their journey and achieve their desired outcome. Excel at establishing the milestones that serve to guide the process along the right track and act as an early warning system that identifies risks before they become an issue. Team leadership responsibilities have covered managing PS, training, support and CSM resources. Results have led to consistent growth from accounts in all industries and high levels of satisfaction and retention.
Sr. Customer Success Manager @ • Guide customers through the Value Based Design process to identify key objectives and create a plan to deliver value through the Birst platform
• Drive adoption among senior executives, business and technical users
• Provide customer feedback to the product team to influence the development roadmap
• Lead internal team to optimize customer’s experience through consulting, training, and technical support to ensure high levels of customer satisfaction
• Identify, forecast and deliver on renewals and account growth opportunities From October 2015 to Present (3 months) Sr. Manager, Portfolio Planning & Innovation @ Portfolio planning and management responsibilities of strategic initiatives and products across eBay and PayPal business units
• Established new operating model that aligned execution with strategic goals
• Implemented portfolio and planning management processes with the goal of creating visibility into business performance and increasing agility of product development
• Led implementation of enterprise wide software solution to automate and control management processes
• Modeled planning scenarios based on changes in market conditions and new strategic priorities; recommended resource allocations based on trade off analyses
• Exceeded visibility goals by building product roadmaps across initiatives that could drill down to the project level
• Exceeded product development agility goal by reducing time to re-plan work by 20%
• Managed program that governs eBay and PayPal integrated work; achieved 100% of delivery KPIs
• Executed elasticity of demand pricing study and clean up operational processes. Improvements delivered $17M in incremental profit annually
• Tested flat pricing for PayPal. Responsible for software development, marketing and operations teams made up of 15 people
• Team lead for four direct reports and numerous dotted line reports
• Mentored BU leaders on driving innovation in their organizations; counseled teams focused on innovative ideas and coached them on pitching, execution and articulating business value From January 2012 to September 2015 (3 years 9 months) Global Director - Customer Success @ Responsible for driving customer success results for companies with unique strategic objectives. Developed collaborative social innovation programs across industries.
• Mapped customer journey from pre-sales through implementation and adoption phases; defined executive and user experience, success metrics and moments of truth
• Built scalable health scoring processes proactively identify issues and measure value earned
• Established repeatable processes for collaboration based innovation solutions that were easily tailored to customer goals, culture and needs
• Measured NPS at key inflection points across a wide range of customer roles
• Created communication programs and reward and recognition systems to drive adoption and engagement
• Designed strategic planning deliverables including innovation charters, governance models, innovation playbooks and decision support models
• Created Center of Excellence model and resource plan deployable at business unit, functional or geographic levels
• Led internal and client teams in designing and executing implementation plans
• Team lead for three direct reports and multiple dotted line reports
• Mentored executive leaders on establishing a foundation for success with innovation
• Exceeded customer profitability goals by 15% and held churn rate below 4% annually
• Configured Salesforce.com for executive reporting on weekly, monthly and quarterly activity
• Worked with executives at Procter & Gamble, Visa, Coca-Cola, GE, PepsiCo and others From December 2009 to December 2011 (2 years 1 month) Manager @ Responsible for leading Accenture, client, and partner teams in selling, designing and implementing solutions that substantially improved the effectiveness of planning and management processes.
• Established credibility with client executives by understanding business challenges, defining solution objectives, and managing delivery plans
• Created firm's portfolio management methodology; implemented it across industries
• Developed reusable process and technology assets to increase margins, speed, and predictability of deployments
• Sold multiple engagements and regularly managed delivery P&L within margin targets
• Exceeded client engagement, adoption, and NPS goals on a consistent basis
• Expanded client account activity and engagements on a regular basis
• Sold over $10M of services, exceeding Sr. Manager goals in FY09
• Partnered with ISVs including HP and CA to deliver easily repeatable software solutions.
• Transformed client operations to enable shift of operational expenses to strategic initiatives; for one Fortune 200 client, efforts led to 10% reduction of operating expenses in a $750M budget which enabled self funding of key strategic projects
• Provided day to day direction for individual contributors and coached them to assure success with their clients; five direct reports were promoted to the next level
• Led project teams of up to 30 people both on site and in off shore locations
• Rated in the firm’s top quartile of leaders globally
• Worked with executives at eBay, PG&E, Cisco, NewPage and others From July 2005 to November 2009 (4 years 5 months) Manager @ Led internal and partner organizations in selling and implementing productized software and services solutions.
• Designed channel strategies and developed relationships with strategic partners
• Productized performance testing solution that guaranteed results for a fixed fee; partnered with Siebel sales organization to deliver in European market
• Partnered with Mercury Interactive to co-market automated testing services and software; managed delivery resources with expertise in automated testing of enterprise software systems
• Co-marketed component based method for automated functional and regression testing of Oracle ERP systems with Deloitte
• Managed sales and resource pipelines with all partner organizations
• Led pursuit of co-selling opportunities with partners from the customization of value propositions through the closure of new sales; exceeded revenue goals by 150%
• Developed sales training and marketing collateral to take partner solutions to market
• Used Learning Management Systems to get delivery resources trained and certified quickly
• Managed sales operations and configured Salesforce.com solution to engage team and manage activities; results included improved sales forecasting and more consistent quota achievement
• Reported on resource availability and tied that with sales forecast to determine ability to deliver on new opportunities
• Established portfolio management practice and introduced concept to clients
• Provided day to day direction for three direct reports and guided them through partnership, sales and technical delivery responsibilities From December 2002 to July 2005 (2 years 8 months) Product Marketing Manager @ Led product marketing and development for Venture Capital backed software company. Product was a Java based application server that used XML to enable communications in enterprise business systems via C-Mail.
• Created channel strategy that led to relationships with Cap Gemini, Vitria and LeanLogistics.
• Represented product in sales calls, demonstrations and trade shows.
• Defined product requirements, pricing strategy and built print and web based marketing collateral.
• Conducted customer research and SWOT competitive analyses. From July 2000 to August 2001 (1 year 2 months) Product Marketing Associate Intern @ Managed product marketing efforts for an enterprise software company.
• Developed product launch kit for lead product
• Created ROI calculator, marketing collateral and presentation materials for sales force
• Built content management system on intranet for internal communications and asset management From 1999 to 1999 (less than a year)
BA @ Kenyon CollegeMBA @ University of Southern California - Marshall School of Business Ryan Helft is skilled in: SaaS, Program Management, Business Process, Strategy, Strategic Partnerships, Management, Business Alliances, CRM, IT Strategy, Business Intelligence, Leadership, Innovation Management, Partner Management, Project Portfolio Management, Cross-functional Team Leadership
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension