Senior Web Developer and Systems Administrator @ MediaTrust/Bardon Advisors, LLC
Bachelor's degree @
Louisiana State University
Senior Network Operations Center Engineer @ In my role as Senior Engineer in the Network Operations Center I am responsible for monitoring site health , troubleshooting and driving/escalating critical site issues. This covers a wide array of tools and knowledge. I am currently working on projects which allow for better monitoring and visualization of the LinkedIn infrastructure
Senior Network Operations Center Engineer @ In my role as Senior Engineer in the Network Operations Center I am responsible for monitoring site health , troubleshooting and driving/escalating critical site issues. This covers a wide array of tools and knowledge. I am currently working on projects which allow for better monitoring and visualization of the LinkedIn infrastructure to create a complete architecture map of service dependency upstreams and downstreams.
* I migrated the backend database in SQL Server to MySQL5 in the AWS Cloud
* I Designed and implemented a visual "merge tool" to match up Media Plan costs with TV advertising spot data automatically replacing the long and tedious process that was currently in place.
* I Designed and implemented a Media Plan creation tool
* I am currently architecting the data warehouse in MySQL5 accessible via Mondrian/OLAP to Excel as well as a Big Data staging/adhoc environment built on top of Hadoop/Hive via AWS EMR and Qubole.
· Created a web based data visualization system for analysis of both Real-time and historical click
data. Managed large datasets in MySQL5 and optimized for realtime reporting.
· Created web based reports for use in different types of trend analysis and traffic quality analysis.
· Implemented a server monitoring system utilizing Nagios to receive alerts and status on all
Annotated Timeline , Anchor Intelligence, Click Forensics,Kohana3 PHP MVC Framework,WordPress From October 2009 to October 2012 (3 years 1 month) Senior Software Engineer/Senior Unix Systems Administrator @ A full service Internet Service Provider (ISP) for the Southern California area with services ranging
from T1/T3 connectivity to Web/Email/VOIP hosting.
· Built Call Detail Record (CDR) analysis and reporting tool in the Voice Management Portal
(VMP) application utilizing PHP5/AJAX/JQuery DataGrid widget. VMP allows VOIP clients to
manage their own services such as adding an extension or changing their call forwarding status.
Created PHP5 Object wrapper for automating the use of the JQuery DataGrid widget.
· Extended the functionality of the spam filtering service to include dynamic greylisting of ip
addresses utilizing PERL5. Created necessary database infrastructure using MySQL5 with
· Ensured high availability through extensive monitoring of databases, web, email and T1/T3
connectivity utilizing SiteScope, SNMP and MRTG.
· Optimized the scale and operation of key databases through extensive performance tuning and
profiling of MySQL and Solaris using truss, Dtrace, innotop and query optimization techniques.
Controlled Marketing Conferences From June 2008 to October 2009 (1 year 5 months) Lead Software Engineer/Senior Unix Systems Administrator @ CMC serves the Tradeshow industry with several online products which streamline the appointment
making process based on their 10+ years of experience running a tradeshow.
· Created the scheduling functionality for the online portal to create both traditional style
appointments as well as automatic scheduling based on preferences of all attendees.
· Extended functionality to 4 different applications written in Tcl/TK utilizing a MySQL backend
· Provided UNIX systems administration for Email,DNS,web hosting and firewalling on Debian
Linux and OpenBSD.
Technologies Utilized: PHP4/5 MySQL4/5, Debian Linux, OpenBSD, Tcl/TK,Sendmail,Bind,pf
Mercury Interactive (Freshwater Software From October 2004 to May 2008 (3 years 8 months) Independent Contractor @ Mercury Interactive is the parent company of Freshwater software and now a part of HP which
provides monitoring solutions to the Enterprise market.
· Designed and implemented a web based configuration management tool for the SiteSeer Web
Monitoring tool. The system was programmed in Java using the SiteScope Java API and included
transaction logging, security schemes, data validation and configuration file management.
· System was delivered on time and completely within budget alloted with minimal need for changes.
Provided support till end of contract period when all responsibilities for its operation were
successfully learned by the technical staff using the tool.
Technologies Utilized: JAVA From November 2002 to February 2003 (4 months) Network Operations Center Systems Engineer @ Freshwater is the maker of SiteScope and SiteSeer which monitor data centers from inside and outside
the network firewall. Freshwater was sold to Mercury Interactive in May of 2002.
· Provided support to Enterprise customers of SiteScope on both the level 1 diagnostics and
troubleshooting all the way to top level escalation requiring advanced knowledge of the product to
debug and provide bug fixes of the product itself.
· Created tool in JAVA to extend the functionality of SiteScope to provide a "Run Book" of user
created solutions and responses to network and server issues detected by SiteScope.
Technologies Utilized: JAVA,Internet Protocols: Visual J++, XML/XSL,PERL From May 2000 to July 2002 (2 years 3 months) Digital Library System Administrator @ The Indiana University Digital Library Program (DLP) is dedicated to the production, maintenance,
delivery, and preservation of a wide range of high-quality networked resources for scholars and
students at Indiana University and elsewhere.
· Built and deployed high performance server providing Real Audio broadcast content for the Hoagy
· Maintained server infrastructure of high performance RS/6000 AIX machines and IBM ADSM
1394 Tape Library.
Technologies Utilized: AIX,Linux, PERL, Shell scripting, IBM Video Charger, IBM Websphere,
Oracle, Real Audio Server, IBM ADSM, 1394 Tape Library, SSA Disk Arrays From May 1999 to May 2000 (1 year 1 month) IT Department Lead @ Karl and Associates owns and operates several restaurants in the Bloomington, IN area. Was one of
the few venues offering Cybercafe type of functionality in the late 90's.
· Built custom application to manage POS and managerial information using a online logging tool for
internal management to document day to day operations. Acted as primary architect, developer,
database administrator and systems administrator on this project.
· Provided network and server support on a daily basis to ensure the availability of network
,Linux/Unix shell scripting,ISDN routers, Bind,Sendmail. From January 1996 to January 1999 (3 years 1 month)
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension