Client Engagement Manager\Program Manager\Certified ScrumMaster @ Computer Task Group
Manager, Business Relationship Management @ HealthNow New York Inc.
Engagement Client Manager/Program Manager/Certified ScrumMaster @ Computer Task Group
BS, Organizational Management @
A transparent goal-oriented Information Technology Executive with strong focus on strategy, governance, execution, quality and business integration. Successfully managed multiple sites and budgets up to $10 million in healthcare, manufacturing and banking industries with local, national and global reach. Creates a culture of organizational excellence throughout IT and business, promoting high performance, integrity, collaboration, skills development, and
A transparent goal-oriented Information Technology Executive with strong focus on strategy, governance, execution, quality and business integration. Successfully managed multiple sites and budgets up to $10 million in healthcare, manufacturing and banking industries with local, national and global reach. Creates a culture of organizational excellence throughout IT and business, promoting high performance, integrity, collaboration, skills development, and business alignment.
Organizational Change Management
Mergers & Acquisitions
Leadership & Team Building
Strategic Planning & Corporate Governance
SDLC, PDLC, and Portfolio Management
Cost Avoidance & Reduction
Policy & Procedure Formation
Client Engagement Manager\Program Manager\Certified ScrumMaster @ From April 2014 to Present (1 year 9 months) Buffalo/Niagara, New York AreaManager, Business Relationship Management @ Represent and assist the Operational business unit (Claims, Billing, Enrollment, Provider, Sales and Call Centers) navigate the Information Technology organization, translate the business strategies into technology solutions and ensure coordination and delivery of technical solutions to meet the business objectives.
Build a “trusted partner” relationship with all functional units and levels of the organization.
Provide leadership in developing and presenting project proposals to mid-level and senior leadership resulting in corporate approval.
Provide recommendations to IT leadership on team processes, governance, alignment, training, and professional development.
Collaborate and communicate with business/IT leadership in aligning IT portfolio to business priorities and strategic goals. From October 2013 to March 2014 (6 months) Engagement Client Manager/Program Manager/Certified ScrumMaster @ Supporting Independent Health’s Program Manager in oversight of 130 employees and consultants for a large core administrative platform and business process transformation from Power to HealthRules.
ScrumMaster for the Claims, Medicare, Pharmacy, Enterprise Content Management, Extracts and Reporting process teams and lead ScrumMaster for the program.
Responsible for program management including risk mitigation, release planning, financials, status reporting, testing and deployment strategy.
Successfully turned around the Pharmacy, Enterprise Content Management, and Extracts and Reporting scrum teams resulting in increased productivity and team collaboration.
Negotiated vendor contracts for Agile Coaching and third party systems integrator.
Responsible for delivering, coaching, and education of Agile/Scrum methodology into the client’s business.
As a CTG employee;
Responsible for discovery, proposal development, and delivery functions for HealthEdge clients.
Direct management responsibilities for 35+ business analysts, system architects, developers, and quality analyst’s consultants.
Developed and instituted a mentoring program for new hires.
Responsible for client over-site and relationship building. From January 2011 to October 2013 (2 years 10 months) Vice President, Information Technology @ Responsible for leading a team of 45 employees providing business and technical direction for Facets, Clinical Care Advance, Financial Management, Human Resources Information systems, Electronic Data Interchange, Regulatory Reporting and computer operations. Managed an $8 million budget.
Led the negotiations of PeopleSoft financial and human resources software contract and third party systems integration agreement resulting in a savings of $4.2 million.
Oversaw the on-time implementation of the in-sourcing of transportation services resulting in over $1 million savings annually.
Implemented an Enterprise Project Management Office including a governance process, PDLC, and SDLC. As a result, project delivery and communication improved at all levels of the organization.
Collaborated with NYSDOH and CSC in identifying billing cycle process improvements through the use of run-time data analysis, which resulted in over $100 million in monthly billings received timely.
Chaired a cross-functional process improvement team charged with developing processes and procedures to support standardization and improvement.
Oversaw improvements in processing EDI claims by analyzing claims load failure data resulting in a first-time pass rate of 93%.
Led the IT leadership team in the creation of a strategic 3-year roadmap aligning with the business to prioritize projects/resources. From June 2009 to December 2010 (1 year 7 months) Executive Senior Manager, Global Applications Engineering @ Led major ERP project implementations domestically and globally with focus on fiscal management, sourcing, timelines, and adherence to business goals. Managed $10+ million budget.
- Responsible for continuously improving the effectiveness of new programs, processes, and systems through business process reengineering.
- Launched common business applications spanning India, China, Thailand, Germany, and US.
- Decreased costs by $500,000 by using offshore programmers and renegotiating contracts.
- Led complete voice/data and Oracle application implementation.
- Blended technology teams and contract resources from India and the United States, facilitating the construction of a new plant in India. From June 2007 to June 2009 (2 years 1 month) Executive Senior Manager of Information Technology, Western New York Facilities @ - Utilized strong quantitative, analytical, benchmarking and statistical skills to improve first time quality by 94% by designing/launching error-proofing and trace-ability systems.
- Instituted improved plant floor systems that tracked defects, reducing flawed parts per million from 144 to 9, a 96% improvement, increasing quality control and providing superior products.
- Focused effort on Lean principles and supply chain enhancements, championing teams to recognize areas for improvement and implement corrective action.
- Reduced departmental service provider costs by 30% ($800,000).
- Saved 60% ($1.4 million) by migrating engineering applications to a single platform.
- Continually exceeded $200,000 annual departmental cost reduction initiatives. From March 1998 to June 2007 (9 years 4 months) Engagement Manager/Senior Project Manager @ Managed $9 million project budget to reengineer and implement commercial loan business processes. Built multi-site Information Technology teams with 5 direct and 40+ indirect reports. From 1996 to 1998 (2 years) Audit Supervisor @ From 1996 to 1996 (less than a year) Project Management Consultant @ From January 1994 to January 1995 (1 year 1 month) Project Management Consultant @ From 1995 to 1995 (less than a year) Project Management Consultant @ From 1994 to 1995 (1 year) Electronic Data Systems @ From January 1989 to January 1994 (5 years 1 month) Systems Engineer @ From January 1983 to January 1989 (6 years 1 month)
MBA, Business Administration @ Medaille College From 2000 to 2001 BS, Organizational Management @ Houghton College From 1994 to 1996 AAS, Data Processing @ Erie Community College From 1981 to 1983 Ed.D, Current - Educational Leadership @ D'Youville College Ron Shank is skilled in: Agile Project Management, Lean Manufacturing, Banking, Healthcare, Waterfall, Oracle E-Business Suite, PeopleSoft, Scrum, IT Strategy, Change Management, Business Process Re-engineering, Outsourcing, Program Management, Vendor Management, Process Improvement
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension