Cloud Architect & ML Consultant @ Freelance/Consultancy at Starwolf
Lead Data & Machine Learning Engineer @ JustGiving
The University of Manchester
Richard is a highly accomplished results-driven hands-on AWS Solutions Architect, Data Scientist and Designer with proven success in delivering cloud-based big data analytics, unstructured data, high-volume, and scalable solutions. At Capgemini, he worked on large and complex projects for Fortune Global 500 companies and has experience in extremely diverse, challenging and multi-cultural business environments. Richard has a
Richard is a highly accomplished results-driven hands-on AWS Solutions Architect, Data Scientist and Designer with proven success in delivering cloud-based big data analytics, unstructured data, high-volume, and scalable solutions. At Capgemini, he worked on large and complex projects for Fortune Global 500 companies and has experience in extremely diverse, challenging and multi-cultural business environments. Richard has a solid background in computer science and holds a Master of Engineering (MEng) in computer systems engineering and Doctorate (PhD) in machine learning, artificial intelligence and natural language processing.
He has worked in charity, insurance, retail banking, recruitment, financial services, financial regulators, central government and e-commerce sectors, where he:
• Provided design, architecture and technical consulting on client site, and deployed complex event processing, information management, enterprise content management, unstructured data, business intelligence, and business process management solutions.
• Delivered cloud-based big data solutions for large scale unstructured data, search, streaming, graph and text analytics systems.
Senior Data Scientist @ Richard is currently working on the architecture and deployment of an AWS Big Data platform to support machine learning, predictive analytics, and graph processing. He is also working on the production deployment of an Apache Spark solution that feeds the website with recommendations and gives each users a personalised experience. From 2013 to Present (2 years) London, United KingdomBI Architect and Lead Designer @ Richard worked as an Analytics Designer and BI Architect in a global transformation programme across 34 countries:
• Lead and designed the technical solutions for search, multi-channel communication, business intelligence, text analytics, job board integration, and advertising solutions.
• Managed developers, vendors, and offshore system integrators.
• Mentored developers and vendors in adopting Agile and best practices development. From 2010 to 2013 (3 years) London, United KingdomSolutions Architect @ Richard was a Solutions Architect in the Business Intelligence & Information Management and later in the Financial Services Groups in Capgemini. Richard helped deliver large scale projects for Fortune Global 500 companies in insurance, retail banking, & financial services as well as a financial regulator and central government.
• Vast experience in leading and collaborating in client projects with client, onshore and offshore resources
• Performed numerous quick delivery and rapid prototyping roles for clients: including leading Proof of Concepts, evaluating new technologies, pre-sales and performing package selection.
• Demonstrated excellent communication and client facing skills, e.g. leading on/offshore development teams on client sites, presenting work at IBM industry events, and working closely with different software vendors.
• Provided design, architecture and technical consulting on client site
• Rapidly promoted from a developer, to designer and then to a solutions architect. From 2004 to 2010 (6 years) Ph.D. in Machine Learning and Natural Language Processing @ • Proposed, presented and demonstrated own research at international conferences
• Published articles in leading artificial intelligence journals and conferences
• Designed and implemented a system that included non-linear algebra, web crawler, parser, indexer, search engine, compression algorithm, machine learning, natural language processing, data mining, clustering, classification and visualisation modules. From 2000 to 2004 (4 years) Analyst / Developer @ From 2000 to 2000 (less than a year) Research Scientist @ From 1999 to 1999 (less than a year)
Ph.D., Machine Learning and Natural Language Processing @ The University of Manchester From 2000 to 2004 M.Eng., Computer Systems Engineering @ The University of Manchester From 1996 to 2000 Richard Ph.D. is skilled in: Solution Architecture, Big Data, Analytics, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Agile Methodologies, Enterprise Content Management, Data Mining, Data Warehousing, Cloud Computing, ETL, Java Enterprise Edition, R, Data Science, Data Integration, Python
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension