Senior Software Developer, IBM Financial Crimes Insights, IBM Watson Financial Services @
Senior Software Developer, IBM Open Banking Platform, IBM Watson Financial Services @
Master's degree, History @
Hogeschool van Amsterdam
NYC TECH HUMANIST - Follow me: http://www.twitter.com/remkohdev
I am a developer and cloud evangelist with experience in cloud platforms, server applications and client development. I have 15+ years programming experience and 5 years evangelist experience with an focus on community strategy. I believe in a few paradigms like straightforward no-nonsense, if you cannot code, you should not
NYC TECH HUMANIST - Follow me: http://www.twitter.com/remkohdev
I am a developer and cloud evangelist with experience in cloud platforms, server applications and client development. I have 15+ years programming experience and 5 years evangelist experience with an focus on community strategy. I believe in a few paradigms like straightforward no-nonsense, if you cannot code, you should not work in technology; don't work for money, work for ideas; and am a supporter of open source technology as a strategic imperative.
Working Permits: United States, European Union
Languages: English, Dutch (fluent), German (advanced), French (intermediate).
I have beginner intermediate level of Korean, beginner level of modern Greek, Russian, Spanish, Latin.
Regions of Interest: New York City, Southern-Europe, Russia, South and East Asia.
Special interests: fiction writing, literature, China, Korea, art and technology, baglama saz.
Developer Evangelist at HP Big Data @ HP Haven is a cloud platform for HP Big Data that runs on the HP Helion cloud, with IDOL OnDemand as an API platform for unstructured data analysis based on Bayesian machine learning and NLP, and Vertica as a big data database.
- Lead Prediction app using Twilio and SalesForce (Apex) to track mobile communication leads
- IDOL OnDemand plugin for WordPress CMS Discovery;
- Apache Cordova, JQuery UI and Mobile;
- Business Card Reader, Bootstrap.js, Node.js;
- Legal Hackers
Developed Evangelist strategy, initiated developer events collaborating with local organizers, build a developer community, responsible for technical writing of API references, documentation and presentations; maintained social media outreach on Twitter and LinkedIN; developed applications, client libraries, demos and code examples; public speaking, media engagement; event coordination.
Tools: IDOL, IDOL OnDemand, Vertica, R language, Android SDK, Apache Cordova, D3.js (maps), Apache Hadoop, JQuery, Apex, From February 2014 to March 2015 (1 year 2 months) Greater New York City AreaDeveloper Evangelist @ What does GTNexus do?
GTNexus (merged with TradeCard) is a cloud-based supply chain platform. AppXpress is an application platform and REST API that allows third-party and GT Nexus developers to customize their order fulfillment, transaction and supply chain process, integrate with external ERP systems in live time and develop mobile solutions.
Technical Writer for TradeCard AppXpress platform. AppXpress is the open development and application platform of TradeCard, featuring:
2. AppXpress API, a RESTful API for TradeCard data.
Lead Developer for Drupal-based TradeCard Developer Network website at http://developer.tradecard.com.
- wrote Drupal modules and hooks (breadcrumb, form_alter);
- developed custom theme including color.module, bootstrap,js, jquery et al;
- created custom content types, taxonomies, menus, views;
- managed release life-cycle on Acquia, updates and Git source-code control.
Business Developer: using platform and internal and external customer feedback to develop new features and business areas.
Managed social media and partner/developer relations. From April 2012 to January 2014 (1 year 10 months) Developer Evangelist @ Promote Elsevier's new Search and Discovery platform, and Application Marketplace to developers around the globe by leading the evangelism and community efforts on the platform, and implement high-impact marketing strategies and programs to bring in new developers and assuring their business and technical success.
* Maintain partner relations with key partners and collaborators.
* Responsible for the developer program website; answer questions in the developer portal message boards, discussion forums, and developer conferences/events page. and online conversations.
* Publish articles, blogs, and effectively use social media and other communication channels. Oversee the developers program blog and e-mail newsletter.
Evangelism and Grassroots Initiatives
* Drive internal and external awareness and adoption of Elsevier's platform towards growth and ultimate success of the developer ecosystem.
* Lead community/grassroots marketing outreach, raise awareness of Elsevier's platform offering; communicate Elsevier's outreach strategy by establishing a program, successfully managing and running Hack events, Developers Conference and meet ups. Also responsible for planning and selecting content for these events.
Influencer Engagement and Marketing
* Develop influencer marketing strategy, including outreach and engagement with leading tech bloggers, event sponsorship strategy, and content and communication strategy for influencer-focused launches, stewardship and support of blogging on the new platform. Also developing strategic partnerships with key media influencers.
* establish and execute marketing programs
http://www.njit.edu/hackathon/ From November 2010 to September 2011 (11 months) Software Development Engineer @ Massive, a start-up in 2004 and since 2007 a full subsidiary of Microsoft, is the leading dynamic in-game advertiser, serving rotating advertisements and multi-media to online video games at real-time. I participated in all aspects of the systems development life-cycle (SDLC) using an agile development method, including writing specifications, development, testing, and deployment.
(1) I was responsible for a client-server framework using Tomcat/Struts/Hibernate that included a matching algorythm, and handles client-server communication protocols in binary and XML format, serving in-game advertisements and collecting client behavior information for data mining and forecasting purposes.
(2) I created and managed a Java stand-alone billing application integrating existing QuickBooks accounting system with advertiser and publisher data, generating financial statements in PDF format using Crystal Reports for Java’s JRC component, including an IIS Web Application using ASP.NET/AJAX and C# persistence layer for managing billing cycle, revenue splits.
(3) I was responsible for the Partner UI, a Web Application based on Axis, Struts, Hibernate for maintaining advertiser and publisher data, allowing internal and external partners to manage a complex ad to game integrations process consisting of 4 stages with a separate duplicate environment (dev, adops, live), and business reports using JasperReports and Crystal Reports.
Technologies: Tomcat, Hibernate, Struts, Tiles, JSTL, Validator, Axis, XDoclet, Digester, Jasper Reports, JRC API for Crystal Reports, Sql Server 2005 (v9.0) using T-SQL, MySQL, log4j, dom4j, commons, digester, oro, math, codec, beanutils; Spread Java Messaging System, AspectJ, Ant, Perforce, TestTrack Pro, JNI/Jacob, ODBC to QuickBooks SDK, Wix xml deployment tool, CoreXt automated build api, Octopus deployment UI, CVS, SourceDepot source versioning, Product Studio bug management, AJAX, ASP.NET, WPF, Eclipse IDE, Visual Studio 2008 IDE and others. From August 2005 to August 2009 (4 years 1 month) Java Developer @ Multi-strategy hedge fund in New York with in-house development of full Orders Management System, using generative programming and extreme programming strategy to generate the platform components including data objects and UI from a data model in excel. From October 2004 to June 2005 (9 months) Software Developer @ Provided technical support for Fruit Fly research, and published research papers on Onthologies and Web Services Choreographies for Genetics Research. Technologies: Java, ASP.NET, VB.NET, Oracle, MySql, Sql Server, Tomcat, Red Hat Linux, Windows XP, BPEL, Axis, WSDL, XPath, and other XML languages. From April 2002 to September 2004 (2 years 6 months) Software Engineer @ Mainframe Analyst / Programmer From November 1998 to January 2002 (3 years 3 months)