Software Engineer @ I'm working on Google's recently open-sourced build tool Bazel (www.bazel.io), which is used to build the majority of Google's software. From July 2014 to Present (1 year 6 months) Site Reliability Engineer @ I worked on Google App Engine, Google Cloud Storage and the Google Hosted Libraries CDN. From February 2013 to July 2014
Software Engineer @ I'm working on Google's recently open-sourced build tool Bazel (www.bazel.io), which is used to build the majority of Google's software. From July 2014 to Present (1 year 6 months) Site Reliability Engineer @ I worked on Google App Engine, Google Cloud Storage and the Google Hosted Libraries CDN. From February 2013 to July 2014 (1 year 6 months) Infrastructure Engineer @ • Designed a new data center based on IPv6 and stateless autoconfiguration. Selected and implemented network equipment and servers.
• Introduced systems automation using Chef and organized training workshops for other engineers in Japanese and English.
• Developed a private cloud software to discover, setup, manage and monitor physical and virtual servers, network switches and load balancers. Designed a RESTful HTTP API, created the backend using Python, RabbitMQ, libvirt, Django and a frontend with Backbone.js. From March 2012 to February 2013 (1 year) Scholarship Student @ • 18-month post-graduate program including language training and internships, funded by a scholarship from the German Academic Exchange Service. From September 2010 to February 2012 (1 year 6 months) Tokyo, JapanFounder & CEO @ • Designed and ran a web- and email-hosting service based on virtual Linux KVM servers & my own management software written in Python.
• Developed a hosted Voice-over-IP service for small businesses. From May 2006 to June 2011 (5 years 2 months) Student Assistant @ • Linux System Administrator at the Freiburg Center for Data Analysis and Modeling (FDM) and the Department of Microsystems Engineering.
• Technical Support at the University Data Center. From February 2007 to August 2010 (3 years 7 months) Software Developer (C++ / C#) @ • Implemented new features for the financial software product "Taxman".
• Refactored and migrated existing code base from C++ to C# / .NET. From July 2007 to August 2008 (1 year 2 months) Working Student @ • Aggregated compliance documentation using Microsoft Office and self-written tools. From May 2006 to August 2006 (4 months)
M.Sc., Computer Science @ The University of Freiburg From 2008 to 2010 B.Sc., Computer Science @ The University of Freiburg From 2006 to 2008 Computer Science @ Heidelberg University From 2005 to 2006 Philipp Wollermann is skilled in: Python, Django, Mac OS X, Linux, C, C++, C#, HTML, HTML5, CSS, XML, Web Development, Web Services, Server Management, Software Development
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension