Principal Consultant @ P. A. Coughlin & Associates Ltd.
Vice President Marketing (Consultant) @ Professional Estate Sales
Digital Marketing Cloud Solutions Architect (Consultant) @ Verizon
Pete's career has been organic, having spent the last 20+ years working with the integration of marketing and technology as "the conversation has changed" from a one to many model shifting to a one to one wholly individualized experience. He poses a unique skill set allowing him to move from ideation to activation of projects from small
Pete's career has been organic, having spent the last 20+ years working with the integration of marketing and technology as "the conversation has changed" from a one to many model shifting to a one to one wholly individualized experience. He poses a unique skill set allowing him to move from ideation to activation of projects from small case to large-scale engagements. Equally comfortable as a project lead or a designer he brings to clients a rare combination of design sensibilities based on years of experience designing the customer-centric experience coupled with a thorough understanding of business models, project management, and KPIs. Pete has the confidence to move from the studio to the board room with an ability to articulate and get buy into activations that often push the boundaries of comfort. His resume and website examples speak for themselves, Pete is the often hard to find, a hybrid of design, technology, and management. He also adores the oxford comma and is fully versed in working in multi-cultural, global environments where telling a complex and compelling story to diverse audiences in multiple mediums allow him to bring his years of globe-trotting to the activation.
He thrives in challenging, fast paced environments where project management, creativity, and marketing skills can directly affect how products and services are communicated and delivered to consumers. Very familiar with the Challenger sales model (Solutions Selling) and excels in delivering strategy and tools that enable sales and sales operations to better inform customers which leads directly to increased revenue. He is known for his ability to quickly establish trust with employees, providing counsel from Senior Leadership (C-suite) down to project collaborators and other stakeholders, mediating disputes and motivating others into action. In addition, he has solid knowledge management skills, organizational leadership, organizational design, and decision-making skills.
Sr Staff Consultant with TPM assigned to the Home Depot- Sr PM @ Responsible for financial management of shared service budget for both Full Time and Contract resource deployed to inflight work streams currently numbering 16+ with 15 active resources and an additional 10 in the pipeline. Reconciled FMS and Cost center costs to ensure Enterprise budget was within tolerance weekly and monthly. Developed work flows for new “startup” organization within Home Depot inclusive of defining HR process, onboarding, assimilation into work streams, project tracking, resource planning, labor load sizing, as well as, managing pipeline candidates, interviews and redefining compensation banding for both FTE and CTR UX resources. Supported team in all program administrative functions from space planning to mac technical support and configurations. Directly supported new outside Director, assisting in his assimilation into proper corporate procedures and methodologies while assisting to explore new ways of approaching organizational issues created by merging agile and waterfall methodologies with an unfunded shared service organization. Single point of contact for team relating to program and project questions, concerns and request for assistance. From 2015 to Present (less than a year) Greater Atlanta AreaConsultant and Investor @ http://www.petecoughlin.com
A boutique Business and Communications Consulting company dedicated to helping clients solve business problems through the use of business strategy, organization development, optimization and technology best practices. We have the innovative and pragmatic thinking, depth of experience, and superior skills to assist you in achieving measurable business improvement through: lower costs, improved customer/constituent engagement, increased revenue and KPI creation and better asset utilization. Founded in 2007, we answer the challenges of the modern organization by supporting multiple geographies, service offerings, industry practices, and technology sets. Our commitment to quality and effectiveness extends to all engagements large or small. Clients include large and medium sized commercial businesses. Additionally we invest both capital and experience in small upstart businesses both in the digital and brick and mortar world; as well as in real estate holdings.
Services provided through our network of strategic partners with proven strength providing highly experienced staff specific to client project needs in various vertical industries. These projects can range from short term integration and infrastructure projects to longer term management engagements involving development of corporate strategy or business process improvement.
We recognizes that many organizations require solutions broader in scope than those provided by supplemental staffing organizations and more cost-effective than those offered by ‘high-profile’ consulting companies. We are designed to fill that niche. Our unique combination of business and industry expertise, management and technology resources, and flexibility in delivering our solutions makes us an extremely effective partner to our customers. From 2007 to Present (8 years) Greater Atlanta AreaConsultant Mobile User Experience Project Lead (MUEPL) -UX/UI, Communications Projects Lead @ Responsible for proactively managing and coordinating projects that impact corporate business strategies and performance. Currently focused on UPS Mobile ecosystem encompassing mDot (Mobile Web), and native applications for IPhone, IPad, Android, etc. Working to document and define standards, processes and procedures for Mobile while creating a bridge between Enterprise Release used for desktop Web (Waterfall Methodology) and (Agile Methodology) for Mobile deployment
Oversees all aspects of mobile projects:
• Manage project life cycles (i.e., project scope, resources, schedule, initiation, start-up, design, building, and deployment) to see projects from beginning to end. –Create, prepare, and maintain project plans to estimate resources, plan schedules, define goals, establish metrics, assess risks, and to provide stakeholder reports.
• Ensure affected functions and groups are identified to negotiate changes and ownership of processes and to manage project impact.
• Provide status communications for senior management on issues, concerns, and risks to recommend solutions and to ensure products meet customers' needs.
• Monitor assigned resources formally (e.g., status meetings, etc.) and informally to continuously manage team productivity, project timelines, and deliverables.
• Balances multiple projects and deployment schedules to meet stakeholder goals and expectations inclusive of impacts to both front end and back end systems including several business critical systems
• Determine decisions regarding tools, methods, and approaches to meet project goals.
• Manage the change control procedure to ensure project deliverables are formally reviewed, completed within planned time frame, and closed. From 2014 to 2014 (less than a year) Greater Atlanta AreaHead of/Director Global Events, Digital (UX) User Experiences & Creative Services @ As part of MWV’s Communications Shared Business Service, responsible for developing, deploying and managing the MWV Global Events Center of Excellence. MWV GE, a multi-million USD COE; is responsible for the overall management of Creative Assets, Digital Experiences, Global Trade Shows and Private Events for all MWV strategic business units (SBUs), Divisions & Corporate Centers; focus on maximizing the company’s strategy through creativity, innovation, measurement, and optimization. Designed and implement MWV global events marketing methodologies; developed and implemented global events (3-dimensional) branding standards in less than 6 months, currently deploying web automation systems and leveraging a single source global vendor contract to drive down events marketing costs for all MWV businesses. Successfully consolidated 15+ vendors into one global agency of record in less the 8 months; generating savings for the company that exceeds 1+MM USD using new central management model.
• Introduced practice of utilizing uniform quantifiable data to assess viability of participation, set KPI’s and potential ROI to choose appropriate venues and channels to complement strategic corporate initiatives. Actively evaluate public and private marketing opportunities in tandem with Marketing Leadership and Brand Managers, utilizing data to streamline the portfolio and maximize use of available budgets.
• Oversee the introduction and development of touch and non- touch driven interactive graphical assets for events, Global HQ and Customer Experience Center, expanding the company’s ability to actively communicate complex stories via advanced technologies, ensuring better customer engagement.
• Personally lead planning and execution teams- on a global basis via a hybrid internal and external team now totaling over 25 people disbursed in all regions; NAR, CALA, APAC and EMEA. From 2010 to 2014 (4 years) Richmond, VA & Atlanta, GADirector, Strategic Projects, Program Management Office & Emerging Events-(New Product Development) @ Reporting to the COO, recruited and managed a globally dispersed team, overseeing an emerging portfolio of products (Congresses, Exhibitions, Webinars, Seminars, etc.) as well as GSMA customer care functions. Additionally, was responsible for managing the program management office to best position GSMA Ltd. for long term growth while reducing costs and improving operational efficiency. Worked across all GSMA departments to direct new product business plan development including: research, strategy, positioning, branding, product launches, revenue share partnerships, direct sales, sales collateral, and ROI review.
• Successfully launched several new for profit events (products) during the worst recession in recent history; reviewed and optimized emerging event portfolio for maximum return on investment and profitability. Generated new revenue stream in excess of 2+ Million USD in less than 2 years.
• Reduced Program Management Office cost by +2MM USD
• Improved customer care functions, optimizing technology to lower cost of service delivery while increasing customer satisfaction and reducing time to resolve issues using hybrid internal and external support model.
• Lead a globally based hybrid internal/external project team, to launch an interactive registration system for the GSMA Mobile World Congress capable of processing upwards of 65,000 registration. Simultaneously began transition of project to new European vendor moving all functions from San Francisco, CA and London, United Kingdom to Barcelona, Spain. Replaced two highly complex and competing registration and e-commerce sites with one based on a single Oracle backbone
• Managed internal/external team of 45 people From 2007 to 2009 (2 years) Atlanta, GA, London, United Kingdom & Barcelona, SpainSenior Manager/ Director -Global Events Marketing, Corporate CMO @ Responsible for experiential marketing projects both in public and private venues. Primary focus on enterprise-wide endeavors requiring management across multiple businesses and crossing cultural boundaries with budgets in excess of 5+ MM USD. Accountable for project results in terms of cost, strategies, KPI/ ROI and employees. Optimized overall spend to best utilize available funding while developing quantifiable data metrics (lead generation, audience profiling, market research) to assess viability of participation and potential ROI to choose appropriate future venues and marketing channels to complement strategic corporate initiatives.
• Project managed programs serving as Creative Director:
• Produced marketing communications plan inclusive of overall theme, key messages, marketing opportunities, advertising initiatives, technology & solutions briefs, staff training, etc. Ensured all team members were well informed during planning, at the event and post event including (C-Suite) senior leadership team.
• Lead planning and execution teams (some exceeding 100+ people) from project inception to completion. Provided on-site management expertise to vendors and staff at all levels of the organization. Maintained budget controls within acceptable parameters taking decisive action to correct deviations as necessary. Reduced project cost by over 1+MM USD year over year
• Representing Lucent Global Events COE, project team member for the development of the new www.Lucent.com introduced in 2002.
• Special assignment to the Web Content team charged with the complete re-branding of all Lucent and Alcatel communications materials during the merger of the two companies in 2007 From 1999 to 2007 (8 years) Murray Hill, NJ & Atlanta, GACo-Owner from 1992-2002 @ Privately held multi-million USD- family run bakery serving both B2C and B2B clients via retail locations and commercial production facilities. Sold privately in 2002 From 1986 to 2002 (16 years) Jersey City, NJNational Co-op Marketing Manager, Enterprise Channel @ From 1998 to 1999 (1 year) Basking Ridge, NJ.Lead Generation Manager, Enterprise Sales @ From 1997 to 1998 (1 year) Basking Ridge, NJGlobal Marketing Communications and Sales Operations @ From 1996 to 1997 (1 year) Basking Ridge, NJ
BA, Art History & History Minor: Womens Studies @ Lycoming College From 1992 to 1996 Masters-Museum Management @ Seton Hall University From 1996 to 1997 Pete Coughlin is skilled in: Marketing Communications, Integrated Marketing, Management, Event Management, Trade Shows, Strategic Planning, Program Management, Global Marketing, Digital Marketing, Strategic Communications, Brand Development, Organizational..., Corporate Branding, Corporate Events, Interactive Marketing, Corporate Communications, Digital Strategy, Creative Strategy, Trade Show Management, Change Management, Event Marketing, Strategic Projects, Special Events, People Management, Knowledge Management, Business Change..., Organizational Design, Web 2.0, Web Analytics, Website Development, KPI, Marketing ROI, Customer Experience, Experiential Marketing, Digital Signage, Creative Services, Content Creation, Project Control, Project..., Commercial Management, Contract Negotiation, Digital Trends, Website Builds, eCRM, Digital Marketing..., Digital Communication..., Emerging Media Strategy, Mobile Experience, Agile & Waterfall..., Design
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension