Vice President and General Manager, Labware & Specialty Plastics @ Leads the global P&L for the Labware & Specialty Products (LSP) Business Unit of the Laboratory Consumables Division for Thermo Fisher Scientific, serving the life science research and invitro diagnostic markets as well as the biotechnology market with solutions for manufacturing of vaccines and other biologicals. From
Vice President and General Manager, Labware & Specialty Plastics @ Leads the global P&L for the Labware & Specialty Products (LSP) Business Unit of the Laboratory Consumables Division for Thermo Fisher Scientific, serving the life science research and invitro diagnostic markets as well as the biotechnology market with solutions for manufacturing of vaccines and other biologicals. From November 2015 to Present (2 months) Rochester, New York AreaDigital Medical Solutions - Chief Marketing Officer @ Global marketing leader for a $1.7 billion medical imaging and informatics business, with sales in over 140 countries.
• Responsible for global brand management, strategic product marketing, customer relationship management regional commercial marketing, corporate Marcom/PR/digital media, web marketing, and customer experience.
• Manage 75 marketing professionals worldwide in driving marketing insights, content & high-impact marketing.
• Grow sales, gross margins, market share and net promoter score.
• Lead global corporate sales & marketing competency initiatives and annual strategy planning process. From May 2009 to Present (6 years 8 months) Vice President, Global Refractive @ Global refractive business leader in laser vision correction equipment, consumables and service, with 350 employees and sales of $130 million in over 60 countries.
• Responsible for a global P&L within a matrix organization. Developed and drove overall business, commercial and R&D strategy. Directed global clinical, regulatory, and product quality resources.
• Led strategic planning, global marketing, product management. Oversaw manufacturing, operations, service.
• Significantly increased profitability (ROS + 9 pts) by implementing strategic imperatives and reducing costs. From June 2005 to January 2009 (3 years 8 months) Rochester, New York AreaMaster Black Belt, Global Pricing, Americas Sales & Marketing @ Global Six Sigma leader for healthcare information technologies company with $2 billion revenues and 8,800 employees. Led team of 7 Master Black Belts & Black Belts.
• Pricing / New Product Introduction: Managed Six Sigma team to partner with business and functional leaders to optimize pricing for healthcare technology products and services, resulting in 12% increase in annual profits.
• Distribution Strategy: Led cross-functional teams of 30 commercial leaders in re-designing US distribution across five sales channels. Adopted as best practice across GE Healthcare. Won GE Management Award.
• Sales Force Effectiveness: Drove commercial initiatives to enhance sales force productivity, including rolling-out of strategic selling, increasing customer facing time, and delivering personalized sales training. From June 2003 to June 2005 (2 years 1 month) Greater Milwaukee AreaEngagement Manager @ Global general management consultant, advising many of the world’s leading business, governments, and institutions on achieving distinctive and sustainable performance improvements. Served Fortune 500 and mid-size clients in healthcare, high-tech/industrial, financial services and consumer/retail industries. Recognized expert on growth strategy, sales & marketing, strategic alliances, and people development. From August 1999 to June 2003 (3 years 11 months) General Manager @ • Developed new markets in Asia Pacific for the largest manufacturers in Mexico, Caribbean, and Malta, resulting in annual sales of over USD1.8 million.
• Created two private label US-brewed beers tailored for the China market, resulting in first year sales of over USD150,000. Developed marketing strategy, product packaging, and negotiated exclusive contracts. From June 1995 to June 1997 (2 years 1 month) Hong KongBusiness Analyst @ • Developed and helped execute the strategy of the nation’s first premier Integrated Delivery Network system (IDN), consisting of 11 hospitals with over 3,400 beds and $1.3 billion in revenues.
• Redesigned operations of Order Fulfillment and Billing & Collections Department for a $500 million technical publisher, resulting in $15 million in annual cost savings. Worked for the GM of the Order Fulfillment center. From August 1993 to March 1995 (1 year 8 months) Greater Chicago AreaARCH Associate @ • Only undergraduate to co-author technology transfer report for Illinois Department of Commerce and develop related marketing plan for ARCH’s licensing of biotechnology products. From June 1992 to May 1993 (1 year) Greater Chicago AreaSummer Associate @ From June 1990 to August 1990 (3 months) Hong Kong
MBA, Management & Strategy, Marketing, Finance and Statistical Science @ Northwestern University - Kellogg School of Management From 1997 to 1999 BA, Economics @ The University of Chicago From 1989 to 1993 Norman Yung is skilled in: Cross-functional Team Leadership, Strategic Planning, Strategy, Medical Devices, Business Strategy, Product Management, Competitive Analysis, Healthcare, Marketing Strategy, Global Marketing, Healthcare Information Technology, Leadership, Marketing Management, Executive Management, Marketing
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension