An accomplished Global SENIOR OPERATIONS LEADER AND EHS, BUSINESS TRANSFORMATIONAL EXPERT with a broad strategic and tactical background leading performance improvement globally. Extensive leadership in Supply Chain and Operations across refining, chemicals, plastics and metals industries. Strong leader with experience working in union and non union environments with reach from the shop floor to the C-suite board
An accomplished Global SENIOR OPERATIONS LEADER AND EHS, BUSINESS TRANSFORMATIONAL EXPERT with a broad strategic and tactical background leading performance improvement globally. Extensive leadership in Supply Chain and Operations across refining, chemicals, plastics and metals industries. Strong leader with experience working in union and non union environments with reach from the shop floor to the C-suite board room. Specific areas of expertise:
• Global Supply Chain and Operations
• Continuous Improvement and Operations Excellence Programs
• Project management: SAP/ERP, MRP, Aspen Modeling Organizational change management leadership: Business benefit realization, procedure deployment, change roadmaps, communications strategies, super user and end user training program development
• Global expertise: America’s, Europe, Asia, Middle East
• International assignment experience: Netherlands, Switzerland
• Lean/Six Sigma Black Belt
• EHS leadership, Process Safety Management and Organizational Change Management ISO 14001, 9001, 18001
• Chemical engineering
• Manufacturing and supply chain management
• Cost out leadership, P&L responsibility
Director Integrated Supply Chain @ Responsible for the Integrated Supply organization including all manufacturing sites, the Technology group including Process Technology, Process RD&I for Bleaching Chemicals, Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP), HSE and Procurement. A member of the PPC BU Management Team and the Bleaching Chemicals Leadership Team, which governs the global focus on the bleaching chemicals business. From October 2015 to Present (3 months) Vice President, Business Operations @ • Provided leadership to a 250+ direct, 600+ matrixed global team across Europe, North America, and Asia to develop and implement a $250,000,000 business turnaround enterprise SAP project for process, technology and organizational change.
• Managed global teams covering end-to-end functional process excellence, organizational change management, training, project management office, security, information technology and six sigma while maintaining compliance with safety and environmental requirements.
• Partnered with senior executives and C-suite team members to lead and successfully achieve reconstruction of a previously implemented North America SAP system to meet deadlines for key automotive contracts. Managed ERP system teams to develop, design, and implement a new business operating system across all functional areas that met requirements of auto industry to achieve zero quality and defects as well as on-time inventory delivers.
• Reached $20,000,000 working capital savings per month as well as multimillion business continuity securing automotive contract requirements From December 2013 to July 2015 (1 year 8 months) Executive, Global Operations & Manufacturing @ • Provided leadership to global cross-functional business and enterprise project teams. Managed change readiness, business impact assessments, work design analysis as well as employee readiness plans.
• Partnered with C-suite executives to develop business readiness teams and organizational design for SAP implementation. Guided teams to construct and implement organizational change management regional roadmaps to achieve business benefits, procedure deployment, and transformation.
• Mentored team to develop and manage a communication strategy and business case development for SAP deployment.
• Achieved $50,000,000 working capital savings with visibility to data and speed of insight to key data components.
• Led SAP training assessments and construction of training plans for business and project teams in U.S. and Amsterdam locations. From June 2010 to December 2013 (3 years 7 months) Executive, Global Manufacturing @ • Provided leadership to a global team focused to design, measure, analyze, build and deploy an ERP operating system for manufacturing end-to-end processes, including manufacturing, product lifecycle management, supply chain, warehouse management, compliance, and vertical integration to shop floor, as well as maintenance, reliability, and outage management.
• Led teams to conduct business and organization gap closure assessments, risk management, contingency, and cutover planning.
• Realized $40,000,000 in savings with data consolidation and working capital visibility gains.
• Improved manufacturing and maintenance data visibility and regional organizational optimization From January 2009 to June 2010 (1 year 6 months) Executive, Manufacturing @ • Provided leadership to a global team focused to implement and sustain Operations Excellence manufacturing and supply chain processes. Partnered with business executives to implement standardized, consistent policies and processes.
• Led Rapid Deployment to implement globally consistent Manufacturing and Supply Chain processes, resulting in reorganization and cost savings within operations and maintenance teams.
• Drove creation of Continuous improvement and cost out techniques. Yielding $50,000,000 savings for days-on-hand cycle and inventory visibility improvements.
• Mentored team to build global product carbon footprints and foster innovation within global networking teams. From April 2009 to April 2010 (1 year 1 month) Executive EHS & PSM in GE Plastics @ Director EHS & PSM Site Selkirk, New York (2005-2007) & Executive EHS & PSM Director for Multi - Business Units Mt Vernon, Indiana (2007-2009)
Director, EHS & PSM, New York
• Managed EHS direct staff of 24 FTEs focused on improving EHS performance for site with 600 employees. Led site team initiatives to streamline wastewater operational teams and laboratory staff.
• Provided leadership for environmental air, water and waste teams, compliance order programs, as well as security, medical, and emergency response personnel. Accountable for site EHS compliance programs, re-certifications, and improvement programs. Provided indirect leadership for North America EHS personnel.
• Enhanced PSM compliance programs, training requirements, and VPP certification, resulting in OSHA recordable rate reduction of 30%, zero exceeding wastewater and remediation of previous security and air compliance orders.
Drove compliance order closeout and long-term improvement plans.
Director EHS & PSM Multi-Business Units, Indiana
Led EHS direct staff of 42 FTEs to improve EHS performance for a site with 2,500 employees, as well as multiple business units and technology centers.
• Provided direct leadership for a business waste water team and ten matrixed EHS business coordinators. Managed environmental and waste permitting; multi-media compliance orders; and security, medical, and emergency response personnel. Accountable for site EHS compliance programs, re-certifications, and improvement programs.
• Obtained VPP certification and initiated a global star of excellence management system, resulting in an OSHA recordable rate reduction of 25%, process safety incident reduction of 20% and zero exceeding wastewater and air permit.
• Provided leadership for governmental EHS multi-media audits and compliance programs.
• Improved security and process safety management programs, resulting in upgraded security facilities and a fully implemented world-class PSM framework. From April 2005 to April 2009 (4 years 1 month) Operational Leadership in Conoco @ ConocoPhillips 1997 – 2005
Integration Strategist & Operations Manager for COP, Belle Chasse, LA (Alliance) Refinery
Provided Operations leadership and Six Sigma support focused to improve product costing, crude strategy redesign and production optimization using advanced operating tools and LEAN principles. Black Belt certified.
Operations Manager, Gas to Liquids Facility Ponca City, OK
Built and led an operating team to commission & startup a Gas to Liquids facility from grass roots to full scale successfully without incident. P&L accountability of $100MM.
Planning & Economics Engineer, Westlake, LA Refinery
Managed facility energy program with P&L accountability of $25MM. Coordinated logistics for process management during turnarounds. Managed facility contracts and negotiations. Led a petroleum coke demand planning cross functional team.
Unit Process Engineer, Westlake, LA Refinery
Managed optimization of refinery chemical operations. Provided engineering support for Waste water treatment operations, boiler operations, water treatment facilities, crude unit, reformer, hydrotreater and coker units. From April 1997 to April 2005 (8 years 1 month) EHS Leadership in Conoco @ Environmental Engineering (Air, Wastewater, RCRA, RFI)
(1988 – 1997)
Led Emergency Response & Phase 1 remediation projects. P&L accountability of $25MM.
Principal consultant & business interface, worked with multi-agency groups (EPA Region VI, LDEQ, DOT, Coast Guard)
EPA Consent Decree negotiations
Underground Storage Tank remediation - Montana
Benzene NESHAP, NSPS QQQ & LDAR compliance - Louisiana, Montana
Sustainability EHS projects - Top 1995 EHSS Improvements From April 1988 to April 1997 (9 years 1 month) Chemist @ Manufacturing Chemist
Main focus areas: Manufacturing operations including Petroleum Premium Grade Coke analysis and troubleshooting From April 1987 to April 1988 (1 year 1 month)
MS, chemical engineering @ McNeese State University From 1985 to 1992 BS, chemistry @ McNeese State University From 1985 to 1988 Millissa Flanagan is skilled in: EHS, Manufacturing Operations, Engineering, Plastics, Chemicals, Six Sigma, Change Management, Process Engineering, Lean Manufacturing, Operations Management, Process Improvement, Supply Chain Management, Manufacturing, Team Building, Program Management
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension