GED, General Education @
University of San Diego, High School
25 Years experienced Network Engineer/System Admin with focus on Network Infrastructure, Wireless, Security, Telecommunications, and Database Management, including 10 years of experience in a Management Capacity. I provide knowledge and expertise for both technology and business operations towards a company’s overall success and ease to do business with their clients. I have the ability to Design, Implement,
25 Years experienced Network Engineer/System Admin with focus on Network Infrastructure, Wireless, Security, Telecommunications, and Database Management, including 10 years of experience in a Management Capacity. I provide knowledge and expertise for both technology and business operations towards a company’s overall success and ease to do business with their clients. I have the ability to Design, Implement, Upgrade, Expand and Troubleshoot LAN/WAN, Data Center and Wireless Networks, Remote Access VPN (IPSec/SSL) Solutions, Layer 3 Static and Dynamic Routing and Network Security for Firewalls, ACLs and Network Access Control and Project Management.
I have 3 years of Mobility experience with BlackBerry, Android and some iPhone devices for Email redirection (BlackBerry Enterprise Server, IMAP and POP3/SMTP Clients and Outlook Web Access) and AirWatch MDM, web page development for user authentication based on International Mobile Equipment Identity or IMEI and connections to Ticket Tracking/Timelog Databases with minimal user input and Carrier contract/opex negotiations for services vs. reimbursement. Also reviewed and tested SIP based VoIP communication applications over WiFi vs. GSM/CDMA services. Good understanding of iPhone/iPad and Windows Mobile runtime, interactive application development paradigms, and memory management.
I can provide Technical hands-on, management and consultation of Voice and Data infrastructures for Hospitality, Healthcare, Education, Municipal/State Government and Financial (Banks) over the last decade with networks ranging from medium single site locations (20 to 40 nodes) to large/enterprise multi-site and multiple access networks (2000+ nodes) with mixed manufactures equipment: Cisco, Juniper, Extreme, Nortel/Avaya, Check-Point, Windows and Linux based Servers.
Specialties:Enterprise Information Systems Technology Services (EISTS)
Telecommunications, Call Center
SIP/H.323, PRI/DS3/T3, Voice & Video
MPLS, TCP/IP, Firewalls, IP VPN
Oracle, SQL, PL/SQL, SAP
Salesforce.com, TigerPaw CRM, Microsoft CRM
C/C++, Perl, Bash, Java
Linux/Unix Admin, Windows Server Admin
Technical & Strategic Leadership
Business Process Improvement
IT Operations & Management
Mathematical & Statistical Modeling
WAN Network Specialist/Project Manager @ • Plan and track key project milestones and employ client’s technical resources or key partners to meet the requirements of the project.
• Communicate project status on an agreed schedule and conduct regular team meetings.
• Ensure client’s security & technological standards are adhered to and proper implementation of those standards occurs.
• Involve the business at the correct times and secure the resources and commitment from the divisional IT leadership to drive the project to a successful conclusion.
• Global Site Classification system with Hardware Topology reference, based on Business and Operational metrics, classified 250 Dole Locations as one of 6 classifications
• Define a WAN/LAN/Security Reference Architecture for each site class which determines the CAPEX and OPEX requirements per site.
• Creation of a Power Shell 4.0 script to poll all Windows OS servers to determine which Listening ports are assigned to which services.
o Results from Scripts in combination with an Application Rationalization survey, define a Quality of Service system to prioritize traffic based on Business Value/Impact as well as user dependence and Protocol type.
o Creation of Group Policy Objects based on Service/Executable to mark traffic based on the Server to insure accurate deployment across 400+ Applications on 500 Servers Globally.
• MS Project Plan for 4 organizations within Dole, assigned activities, tracking and scheduling, Budget and CAPEX allocation to organizations for deployment and upgrades.
• Address identified monitoring gaps at specified sites and enhances monitoring capabilities. Include a survey of client’s existing tools and a recommendation leveraging existing licenses where possible to contain costs.
• Evaluate current WAN providers’ end to end performance relative to the agreed upon SLAs. Recommend a vendor strategy for WAN and Internet providers globally. From May 2015 to Present (6 months) 1 Dole Avenue Westlake Village CA 91362System Administrator / Network Administrator / Telecom Manager @ • Windows 2000, 2003, 2003 R2, 2008, 2008 R2 Server and Advance Server
• Active Directory, Roles: DNS, DHCP, NPS, Print Server, IIS 6.0, IIS 7.0, Hyper-V
• Exchange 2007, Exchange 2010, Edge Transport, HUB, CAS, DAG
• MS SQL Server Standard/Enterprise Edition 2008 R2 (Server/Service/SQL)
• MS Lync 2010 Enterprise with Mediation Server SIP Trunks to Avaya’s and Level 3
• Wired/Wireless based 802.1x authentication (NAC) and Policy Enforcement.
• Windows NPS RADIUS, NAC, DHCP using 802.1x for Windows Workstation
• Cisco Catalyst 6500, 4500, 3x00 Series Switches IOS 15.2 Layer2/Layer3/ACLs
• Cisco ASA 5x00 Series, Release 9.x, L2L Tunnels, Firewall, AnyConnect
• CheckPoint UTM-1 1070 and Smart-1 Gaia for Firewall in DMZes
• Cisco Wireless 5500 Series and Aruba 3600/650 Series, 802.11a/b/g/n/ac, MIMO.
• VMWare ESXi 5.5 SU1/SU2 Standalone, vCenter, Local/San Storage Fiber/CIFS
• VMWare vCloud Automation Center (vCAC) with vIAAS, vEdge, and vShield
• Linux CentOS 5.x/6.x, LAMP, BIND, SendMail, iptables, pam.d, NFS/NIS, SAMBA
• Network Sentry Bradford Director and Application Server 6.x/7.x
• Solarwinds Orion 11.x, NPM, NCM, NTA, WPM, UDT, SAM, Confio Ignite (DBA)
• Avaya S8500 Release 6.x running 450 IP Phones, Contact Center 6.0 with 25 Agents
• Avaya IP Office Release 9.x running 450 IP Phones, SIP Trunks to Level3/MS Lync 2010
• Layer 2/Layer 3collapse and consolidation of HQ/Branches over ATT AVPN MPLS BGP/OSPF
• Solarwinds Deployed for SNMP v2/v3 15K Nodes, SAM 750 Services/Counters, NCM 75 (above)
• Custom SQL Alerts/Queries Dynamic Alerts, Clean-up and efficiency
• Design and Deployment of 4 Digit Dial Plan (conversion from 3 digit) based on DIOD.
• Design and Deployment of System Redundancy and Failover between Branches and HQ/DCs.
• SIP Trunks for PBX and Lync for On/Off Network Dialing and Translation with STUN/TURN
• OPEX reduction 15% year over year thru contact negotiations, proper inventory mgmt. and reeducation in obsolete devices/services. From September 2012 to February 2015 (2 years 6 months) Pasadena, CAUS Business Development for Avaya Networking Solutions @ • Technical Account Executive for the Western Region (11 States, 20 Channels and 150+ Clients).
• Engineered and Design logic and processes for Enterprise Configuration Data (ECD) to support all NPI and Updates released over the last three years for improved reseller and revenue generation.
• Cross-Product support for Avaya Solution Designer (ASD) to support heritage Nortel products for both sales engineering and price model for improve adoption.
• Development of Logic/Process/Provisioning rules for Design Tools which used "Sales" input and outputted a technical design, BOM and Cost.
• Legal and Technical writing for our Process and Products (about 125 pages written within 6 months)
• Provide Technical and Product development and updates: Switches (Edge and Core), Routers, VPN/SSL Solutions, Network Access Control, Wireless 802.11a/b/g/n
• Design and Deployment of LAN/WAN, Wifi, Remote Access and Security solutions.
• Provide specific technical support for Hospitality, Healthcare, Education, Municipal/State Gov.
Extensive knowledge and experience in:
• Routing protocols OSPF, BGP, VRRP, PIM/PIM-SM
• WAN connectivity such as T1/T3, OC3, Frame-relay, ATM, Carrier Ethernet, xDSL
• Spanning-tree, MLT, SMLT, LACP, Load balancing
• Quality Of Service (QoS) understanding and configuration to support Voice, Video, and applications
• Excellent understanding of VPN - site to site, client, IPSEC (IKE, DH and Cyphers)
• Firewalls – NAT/PAT, ACL configuration, IPSec and SSL VPN
• RADIUS and AAA for network authentication, Authorization, and Accounting
• NAC integration with data and wireless infrastructure based on AD/LDAP/RADIUS Databases
• Strong background in wireless communication design, configuration: site assessment and audit
• Wireless WIPS and Security deployment WEP2/WAP2, Non-Broadcast SSID, MAC and Portal
• MPLS traffic engineering design, configuration, and troubleshooting
• Design and implement of data, voice or video network infrastructures. From January 2010 to May 2012 (2 years 5 months) 18201 Von Karman Avenue Suite 600 Irvine, CA 92612Networking Engineer/Technical Account Manager @ • Technical Account Executive providing Nortel Voice & Data tech support for Customer and Vendors.
• Managed multiple client verticals and Channels within the state of Hawaii, California and Nevada.
• Provide specific technical support for Hospitality, Healthcare, Education, Municipal/State Gov.
• Provide Cost Benefit Analysis and Risk-Mitigation for existing customers on technology decisions.
• Nortel CS1000/M1 PBX, Meridian Mail/CallPilot, Symposium Call Center/Contact Center Server
• Nortel Ethernet Routing Switch, Contivity, Wireless LAN, Ignition Server (NAC), Management.
• Cross Manufacture Support for Cisco, Avaya, NEC, Mitel, Juniper, Extreme Interop.
• Product Bulletins, Software Updates and Patches, Documentation and Design.
• Deployment for Voice and Data Networks (TDM, VoIP, SIP, H.323, VLAN, IP, Security, VPN)
• Installation Trump Hotel Waikiki: 38 IDF, Dual Fiber Core Switch, 2 WAN Routers, 250 Wifi APs. From August 2008 to January 2010 (1 year 6 months) 1771 E Flamingo Road Suite 100b. Las Vegas, NV 89119Information Technology Manager & Director of Sales Engineering @ • Management of Microsoft AD/Exchange Servers, SQL Database, Terminal Services, VoIP PBX.
• Management of Cisco/Nortel Remote Access/VPN, Tasman Router, Nortel Ethernet Routing Switches, Cisco Catalyst Switches, Nortel/Tasman Firewall, Open Filter SPAM Filter.
• Management of BlackBerry Redirect Server, Veritas Backup Exec and TigerPaw CRM.
• Created a Web Base “QuoteBuilder” tool which provide Material, Labor and 3rd party attached products within a single webpage. This allowed all Sales Engineers and Account Executives to produce a Solution of Mix manufacture products within a single interface and insure all proposals contained all dependent materials thru Automation.
o Increase productive 70% in ability to generate Bids
o Reduced the number of incomplete/invalid bids by 33%.
• Generated consistent and accurate quotes connected directly into the CRM and Order Management
o Accurate Forecasting, simplified OM and direct tracking from Quote/Proposal thru Project Planning, Ordering, Invoicing and Cut-over with accurate cost/revenue reporting.
o Increased revenues by 9% based on overhead reduction and reduced installation labor.
o Creation of multiple Crystal Report templates specific to departments and customers.
• Deployed Project Plan Template which tracked Hours, Material, Costs and Invoicing/Payments to insure all jobs were controlled and manageable proactively.
• Technical Manager and Quality Assurance for Sales Engineering Department, 8 direct reports.
• Implementation of Layer2/Layer3 Networks, LAM/WAN, Remote Access, QoS.
• Support for Mix Manufacture environments:
o Cisco Catalyst 2900, 3x00 and 6500 series Switches, Cisco ISRT 2800 Series Routers
o Juniper SRX Routers and Extreme ex Series Switches
o Check Point Firewall, Tasman Routers, ASA 500, Nortel Contivity 1000 & 1700 series
o Nortel VoIp Solutions: CS1000, CallPilot, Symposium Contact Center
o AVST CallXpress, RightFax, Inline 2020, Point of Sale Systems (POS), Property Management Systems (PMS) From November 2003 to August 2008 (4 years 10 months) 11261 Washington Boulevard Culver City, CA 90230Assistant Technical Director for CalPoly Little Theater @ • Primary Benefit of this position: Live Performance require perfection of execution: no excuses, delegation or quick talk can resolve the lack of proper planning and dereliction of duty.
• Provide Day to Day operations, Stage management and instructions to Stage Hands and Technical Staff (between 2 to 10 people depending on performance).
• Insure all aspects of the performance are on-scheduled based on queues, timing and direction.
• Managing the Load-In/Load-Out of an Incoming performer and their stage equipment
• Providing technical expertise on Queue-to-Queue, Stage Lighting (Hanging, Aiming, Focus, Gel).
• Providing Rigging, Stage Pipes, Fly-ins and other stage effects within production and rehearsal.
• Safety coordinator for Crew and Hands
• Stage Manager for productions and events, responsible for the performance from start to finish.
• Preform Theater upgrades to Dimmer System, Audio Systems, Networks, Power Plant (110VAC, 220VAC and -48VDC)
• Preform Construction improvements to Stage and House: New Stage Floor, Rigging Post, Cable Plant and communications system. From June 2000 to September 2003 (3 years 4 months) 1 Grand Avenue San Luis Obispo, CA 93407University NOC & Teaching Assistant @ • Provide Maintenance/Troubleshooting and Design for Network backbone between University and individual Colleges as well as access to Centralized Services (Servers/WAN/DNS/DHCP/AD/Etc...)
• Maintain Cisco Network: 16 3640 Routers, 16 2800XL Switches, 8 LightSpeed 1010, 4 6509 Chassis.
• Maintain Solaris Unix and Linux Servers for Apache, Bind, Sendmail, RAID 1/0, 5 and NFS Storage.
• Teaching Assistance for two professors specific to OSI Model and Network Architecture.
• The Lab contained additional Cisco Network Equipment and an Ixia 1600 Chassis and 2 SmartBits 2000 Chassis for network performance testing.
• Documentation of Labs, Cisco IOS changes and configs, as well as software deployment.
• 4 Labs per Quarter, 32 Students per Lab => 128 students total per Quarter.
• Produced and published 9 Lab Assignment, each designed to incorporate the theoretical material covered in Lecture with an operational and deployment component. (Real-World vs. Academics). From June 2000 to September 2003 (3 years 4 months) 1 Grand Avenue San Luis Obispo, CA 93407Call Center Supervisor @ • Management of 7 to 12 Customer Server Reps Level I and Level II during a 8 hours shift in a call center environment.
o Provide Scheduling information for reps
o Customer escalation
o Create and enforce procedures and insure call volume and staffing.
o Quality Assurance and Training.
o Call Center Agent employee reviews and documentation of performance and improvement.
• Provided Phone Support for US Robotics Modem Pools and User Support for Windows 3.1, Windows 95, 98, Windows NT, Windows 2000 Beta Releases, MAC OS 8 and 9.
• Provided Phone Support for Microsoft Outlook and Express, Outlook Web Access, Eudora (POP3/SMTP and IMAP), Web Page HTML Design, HTML Loading.
• Handle customer payments of cash, check and credit card.
• Filling, sorting, and organization of Request For Actions, internal paper trail.
• Design and maintain the Request For Actions document.
• Design and maintain Time Sheet in Excel to minimize user error in addition and simplify Payroll. From January 1998 to December 1999 (2 years) 810 Fiero Lane, San Luis Obispo, CA, 93401
Bachelor of Science (B.S.), Computer Engineer/Computer Science, 3.79 @ California Polytechnic State University-San Luis Obispo From 1997 to 2003 GED, General Education, 3.94 @ University of San Diego, High School From 1993 to 1997 Michael Fusco is skilled in: Avaya, Unified Communications, VoIP, Telecommunications, SIP, Call Center, MPLS, Troubleshooting, Nortel, Oracle SQL, SAP BI, Perl Script, C/C++ STL, TCP/IP, Firewalls, Linux System..., Windows Server, Bash, Java, Business Process..., Business Design, Operations Management, IT Operations, Salesforce.com, TigerPaw, Microsoft CRM, Microsoft Office, Mathematical Programming, Statistical Modeling, Financial Accounting, IP VPN, H.323, Team Leadership, Technical Leadership, Strategic Leadership, National Account..., Channel Sales, Wireless Networking, Network Programming, Network Administration, Video Conferencing, Technical Writing, Stage Lighting, Stage Management, Always Be Closing (ABC), Attention, Interest,..., Cisco Wireless, Cisco Routers, Cisco Technologies, Juniper Switches
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension