Accomplished, creative, goal-minded marketing professional with over 15 years experience developing innovative campaigns, events and programs to generate new business and build upon existing client relationships. Proven collaboration ability with sales teams and customers to lead strategic development and execution of revenue generating initiatives. Energetic, results-driven team player with a willingness to test new ideas and the
Accomplished, creative, goal-minded marketing professional with over 15 years experience developing innovative campaigns, events and programs to generate new business and build upon existing client relationships. Proven collaboration ability with sales teams and customers to lead strategic development and execution of revenue generating initiatives. Energetic, results-driven team player with a willingness to test new ideas and the business acumen and analytical skill to optimize and leverage the outcomes.
Sr. Manager, Customer Marketing @ Responsible for driving demand for upsells and renewals to our existing customer base, as well as accelerating adoption of and deepening understanding for our product and service offerings. I evangelize and administer cross-functional customer expansion and advocacy programs; guiding creative, content and demand resources to deliver seamlessly integrated marketing programs and campaigns. Develop and operationalize Jama's event and field marketing strategy to encompasses awareness, education, and demand generation across both the prospect and customer bases. From May 2015 to Present (8 months) Portland, Oregon AreaEvents Manager @ Develop integrated, holistic event strategy to drive awareness, adoption, and usage of Jama through innovative and efficient event programs. Lead and develop customer and related events critical to Jama sales & marketing strategies. Evolve the Jama Software event branding through sponsorships, social media, thought leadership and various other programs. Create, develop and produce promotional materials and collateral for plans for event promotion and messaging. From February 2014 to Present (1 year 11 months) Vice President, Events Manager, Global Clients Event Marketing @ • Managed, oversaw and executed high-level client events, internal senior management off-sites and executive management related programs on a global level.
• Lead and directed the management of all aspects of program development from initial design to final budget reconciliation and billing. Ensured that strategic direction, operational and financial targets were met; lead in resolution of issues; coordinated all staff groups to meet needs of the business.
• Developed innovative campaigns, events and programs to generate new business and build new client relationships for Merrill Lynch.
• Created and managed the marketing communication plan for all defined programs from website copy and inclusions to onsite communication documents.
• Negotiated and executed various vendor contracts in order to deliver relationships requisite to budget savings, leverage power and elevate customer service. From November 2004 to November 2008 (4 years 1 month) VP, Project Manager, Multi-Cultural & Diversified Business Development @ • Set up Multicultural and Diversified Business Development project management office with centralized functions across all diverse markets.
• Responsible for the oversight, management and coordination of common projects, tasks, events, programs and presentations, across four markets (Women’s, African-American, South Asian and Hispanic).
• Maintained and grew strategic partnerships with outside organizations in an effort to further penetrate diverse markets in target geographic regions and develop a national presence in these markets.
• Defined, established and articulated strategic direction and business imperatives for events & sponsorships.
• Created a long term event marketing & process plan to capitalize on new business opportunities.
• Effectively managed all marketing, communications, community leadership, outreach and relationship development related to diverse markets. From March 2004 to November 2004 (9 months) AVP, Senior Meeting Planner, Global Meeting Services @ • Final responsibility for the overall success of meetings, incentive and recognition programs.
• Developed and controlled average $8M -$12M annual budget on all respective programs and drove cost containment/savings through continual monitoring of expenditures. On average, realized 10-30% budget savings variance. On a large-scale event/program this translates to as much as $2 million in cost savings.
• Provided supervisory role and leadership in the management of third party vendors and onsite management staffs to ensure the success of events in the most creative and cost effective way.
• Improved and developed programs by monitoring and assessing the industry to match trends and opportunities with new program planning from concept to implementation that achieved diversity and increased satisfaction.
• Identified and lead the development of new technology and processes required to support operational, planning and analytical needs that improve performance and decrease costs. Led the switch from paper communications to the current online enrollment process, and managed the implementation strategy and security approval process of the third party vendors that operate these web-based solutions. From March 2000 to March 2004 (4 years 1 month) Conference Manager, Global Conferences & Events @ • Planned and executed Institutional Investor Conferences for 100 – 3000 attendees.
• Acted as main liaison between issuer clients and investor clients for specific conference requirements.
• Responsibilities included venue selection and contract negotiation, managing budgets, creation of web based invitations and agendas, food and beverage arrangements, and 1:1 meeting details. From April 1999 to March 2000 (1 year) Events Manager @ • Designed, planned and executed various special events to promote and support the advertising sales effort of four national publications: U.S. News & World Report, The New York Daily News, The Atlantic Monthly and Fast Company.
• Conceptualized and implemented themes for meetings and events; oversaw contracts and budgets, developed materials and premiums for promotional use.
• Reduced the costs of existing business through the effective recruitment and development of vendor relationships. Implemented the upgrade of departmental database programs resulting in more effective and accurate reporting systems. From May 1998 to January 1999 (9 months) Events Coordinator @ • Planned, organized and facilitated performance based incentive programs, both internationally and domestically, for the firm’s top Financial Advisors.
• Consulted with company leadership regarding conference objectives and logistics; served as the main contact for all faculty and other key personnel in order to assure that these objectives were met and exceeded.
• Developed, coordinated and communicated critical project arrangements to key vendors/suppliers including site selection, contract negotiation, food and beverage arrangements and production set-ups.
• Maintained conference database with registration information, handled and tracked inquiries concerning conference agendas, schedules, content and related information.
• Controlled program profitability through vendor negotiation and constant managing of costs and expenditures to stay on time and within budget. From March 1997 to May 1998 (1 year 3 months) Program Coordinator @ • Researched and designed all aspects of meeting planning from the initial proposal, site selection and budget analysis through final execution of the event.
• Coordinated promotional campaigns and all related communication materials.
• Provided administrative and clerical support for conferences, including word processing and data entry, coordination of broadcast faxes, mass mailing for event brochures and related activities. From June 1995 to July 1997 (2 years 2 months)
Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA), Business, Management, Marketing, and Related Support Services @ University of Colorado Boulder From 1990 to 1995 Melissa Tatham is skilled in: Entrepreneurship, Strategic Planning, New Business Development, Business Strategy, Start-ups, Small Business, Event Management, Contract Negotiation, Budgets, Event Planning, Project Management, Marketing, Business Development, Management, Sales
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension