VP, Business Development @ Town Sports International
Director of Finance @ Comet Systems
University of Virginia
Passionate about the exciting opportunities in health and wellness, Matt Daniel is an executive experienced in business and partner development, driving revenue, operations, and customer experience. Matt served as an officer for a $500 million publicly traded health club operator for 10+ years. In 2012 he joined a startup in NYC that is pioneering a new approach
Passionate about the exciting opportunities in health and wellness, Matt Daniel is an executive experienced in business and partner development, driving revenue, operations, and customer experience. Matt served as an officer for a $500 million publicly traded health club operator for 10+ years. In 2012 he joined a startup in NYC that is pioneering a new approach to healthy behavior change by combining social networks, financial incentives and gamification.
Matt has a working understanding of cash flow gained from 6 years in startup environments. His disciplined project management skills were established over 4 years in management consulting after which he obtained an MBA from the Kellogg Graduate School of Management. Matt has a strong comprehension of information technology gained from a B.S. in systems engineering. Guided by integrity, a strong sense of empathy and a healthy dose of humor, Matt has repeatedly demonstrated an ability to drive incremental top line sales growth and a willingness to make critical decisions.
STRENGTHS: Partnership development; revenue growth; social influencer marketing; financial modeling; agile decision-making; adaptability in startup environments; people development; customer experience programs.
Senior Vice-President, SVP, Vice-President, VP, Business Development, Partnership Development, New Business Development, Chief Revenue Officer, General Manager, Health and Wellness, Fitness, Healthy Lifestyle, Active Lifestyle, Healthcare, Preventive Wellness, Operations, Program Management, Customer Focused, Customer Experience, Member Experience, Subscription Based Revenues, Pricing, Incremental Revenue, P&L Responsibility
CFO & VP Business Development @ NYC-based WayBetter has developed a new approach to healthy behavior change. We call it The WayBetter Way(tm) and it's based on four core elements: financial commitment, structured goals, community support and rewards.
Our first product is DietBet, a motivational platform that brings people together to lose weight as part of a fun community. We've paid out over $14M to players who reached their weight loss goals and helped over 300,000 individuals lose a collective 4 million pounds. Check out social dieting at DietBet.com.
Responsible for driving revenue (zero to $12M so far) and growing user base (zero to 300K so far) through influencer marketing and strategic partnerships. From March 2012 to Present (3 years 10 months) VP, Business Development @ Generate new revenue streams leveraging TSI’s assets and infrastructure. Report to COO.
Former positions at Town Sports include VP, Corporate Operations. Directed Strategic Analysis. Led the company’s implementation and communication function. 5 direct reports; total staff 250+.
- Increased annual revenue from Medicare-subsidized fitness program by over 100% to $1.4M within 24 months, with gross margins of 45%.
- Directed the rapid development and launch of a sales call center that produced annualized incremental revenues of $2.5M in the first 4 months of operation (130% of goal).
- Generated incremental revenue and cost savings of over $3M annually by managing design, development and launch of company’s first e-commerce site, selling online memberships.
- Initiated and led review and analysis of membership pricing structure and process. Recommended and implemented new membership options and pricing improvements yielding incremental revenue of $1.9M in first year.
- Managed development, deployment and ongoing analysis of customer satisfaction program initiatives resulting in increased net member satisfaction from -5% to +15% over 18 months.
- Transformed service levels to industry gold standard (85%/120 seconds) at customer service center handling 18,000 calls and 10,000 emails per month.
- Developed and implemented new sales and marketing plan for $1.5M outdoor pool business resulting in 5.6% and 11.7% (2005, ‘06) same store sales growth after 3 years of negative growth. From May 2001 to May 2012 (11 years 1 month) Director of Finance @ Managed the finance, accounting and investor relations functions of the company.
- Completed $20 million private-equity financing led by Idealab Capital Partners and managed investor relations.
- Developed and deployed budgeting, financial reporting and cash flow forecasting systems.
- Assessed market opportunities and presented revenue models for software application with 25 million installed base. From January 1999 to December 2000 (2 years) Co-founder @ Publisher of pocket-sized entertainment guides.
- Co-founded venture dedicated to branding an entertaining, portable publishing concept in the sports and event promotions industries.
- Raised $500K in equity capital From June 1997 to October 1998 (1 year 5 months) Senior Consultant @ Helped technology firms (clients) gather customer insights to feed marketing strategy development. From May 1996 to September 1996 (5 months) Senior Consultant @ Managed client engagements as part of Technology Practice group.
- Designed and developed client/server architecture and application for time and attendance system with 5,000 users for Southern Company.
- Led benchmark at Hewlett Packard performance center to assess potential implementation of world’s largest Oracle database in 1995.
- Completed aircraft maintenance and repair control system for Delta Airlines. From August 1991 to July 1995 (4 years)
MBA, Marketing and Entrepreneurship @ Northwestern University - Kellogg School of Management From 1995 to 1997 B.S., Systems Engineering @ University of Virginia From 1987 to 1991 Briarcliff High School From 1983 to 1987 Matt Daniel is skilled in: Partnership Development, New Business Development, Operations, Program Management, Cash Flow Management, Customer Service Call Center Development, Pricing Analysis and Strategy, Customer Experience, Start-ups, Strategy, Cash Flow, Partnerships, Process Improvement, E-commerce, Business Development
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension