Contract - Senior Business Analyst @ Nationwide Building Society
Senior Consultant @ DPR Consulting
Highly effective SENIOR BUSINESS ANALYST with 15 years experience in financial services mainly in Mortgages, Lending and Treasury. Excellent knowledge of treasury products including FX, swaps, EMTN, securitisations and covered bonds also extensive experience of working on Mortgage / Lending change with experience of Prime, Buy to Let, Self Cert, Second Charge and Lifetime Mortgage products systems
Highly effective SENIOR BUSINESS ANALYST with 15 years experience in financial services mainly in Mortgages, Lending and Treasury. Excellent knowledge of treasury products including FX, swaps, EMTN, securitisations and covered bonds also extensive experience of working on Mortgage / Lending change with experience of Prime, Buy to Let, Self Cert, Second Charge and Lifetime Mortgage products systems and processes.
Senior Business Analyst @ From April 2012 to Present (3 years 9 months) Contract - Senior Business Analyst @ • Business analyst working on Group Strategic Asset Collateralisation Programme.
• Tasked with documenting requirements to enable the management of Nationwide securitisation programmes on a third party system provided by Deloitte (ABS Suite).
• Understanding / documenting all current Nationwide “As Is” mortgage processes and devise a means of extracting the associated data items, involving very complex calculations and defining which data fields would enable requirements to be met.
• Documenting requirements to enable new regulatory reporting for the Bank of England and rating agencies.
• Streamline existing processes and reports
• Implement the new securitisation platform – ABS Suite from Deloittes From June 2010 to September 2012 (2 years 4 months) Senior Consultant @ • Senior Consultant working on system enhancements to existing DPR mortgage and servicing system platforms.
• Documenting requirements / functional specifications and also prototyping system enhancements to enable the current DPR systems to be able to process second charge lending products on behalf of Kensington Mortgages.
• Documenting requirements / functional specifications and prototyping system enhancements to enable the processing of Lifetime Mortgage products for a large UK life insurance company.
• Document Processes
• UAT From March 2010 to June 2010 (4 months) Contract - Group Treasury Securitisation @ • Treasury business analyst with responsibility for the defining and structuring of a contingent liquidity transaction using secured overdraft assets.
• Due to the variable nature of the underlying assets the challenge for this transaction was ensuring that future drawings under the assets also became part of the transaction. This was achieved using a mix of borrowing base calculation (as used in corporate loan deals), AAA term notes and Variable funding notes.
• I was tasked with analysing the assets to be used and determining the structure that would best suit those assets.
• Facilitating various workshops to determine requirements and translating them to enable completion of the legal documentation. From January 2009 to July 2009 (7 months) Senior Manager - Securitisation @ • Treasury Programme / Project Manager with responsibility for the delivery of Bradford and Bingley’s ongoing funding plans, including the use of different Asset Backed Security structures (RMBS and Covered Bonds) and other funding transactions including EMTN to assist in funding or capital relief.
• Project manager for the delivery of Bradford and Bingley’s first euro denominated covered bond issue and first RMBS Master Trust securitisation these transactions involved multiple systems and dealing with very complex legal and accounting structures.
• Responsible for ensuring that the various funding programmes adhered to risk and compliance frameworks.
• Responsible for ensuring group liquidity requirements were understood and met From May 2005 to December 2008 (3 years 8 months) Project Manager / Business Analyst @ • Business Analyst / Project manager for the delivery of the new Mortgage Express Lifetime Mortgage product. I was originally the senior Business Analyst on this project, but when the project manager left, I was asked to take over as PM and manage the project from initiation (PID) through to implementation.
• This project was delivered on time and within budget.
• Involved in the overall change programme as part of the change management division including numerous BA assignments. From December 2003 to May 2005 (1 year 6 months) Senior Business Analyst @ • Issues management on various high profile projects, this included recommending an historical data solution, documenting all systems / processes within the organisation and ensuring that all client requirements on the various project were being met.
• Senior Business Analyst working on the set up of an customer e-commerce solution for Mortgage Express, this involved documenting the system solution, the setting up of a support department to deal with the technical support of this system and also documenting the service level agreement between our client and Alltel as supplier.
• Senior Business Analyst on the setting up of an IT infrastructure support team to deal with the new IT infrastructure that was being put in place so the organisation could move from being dependent on current joint venture partner (IBM). From July 2000 to December 2003 (3 years 6 months) Business Analyst @ • Business analyst involved in the setting up of a mortgage outsourcing joint venture between Bradford and Bingley Group and Alltel Information Services. I was involved in tender process which included analysing the service offering, undertaking due diligence and defining and documenting all requirements to ensure a smooth transition to the new joint venture.
• Business Analyst on an intranet based communication initiative, which required documenting the functional specification, sourcing the necessary hardware and working with the development team on implementing the solution, I was also tasked with undertaking the systems testing and managing user acceptance testing.
• Business Analyst working on a new disaster recovery solution that involved the documenting of all business requirements and processes needed to ensure a smooth transition in the event of disaster recovery being invoked. From April 1998 to July 2000 (2 years 4 months) Business Analyst @ • Analyst working on service delivery and scheduling to ensure that service levels could be met and no penalties incurred.
• Analyst responsible for recommending staffing levels needed for new opportunities, I was also involved in the overall tendering process from initial analysis through to working with the finance department on the expected cost of undertaking this work. From June 1990 to April 1998 (7 years 11 months)
Business Studies @ University of Greenwich Martin Doherty is skilled in: Stakeholder Management, Business Transformation, Financial Services, Business Analysis, Project Delivery, Change Management, Business Process Improvement, Requirements Gathering, Risk Management, PMO, PRINCE2, Outsourcing, Analysis, Strategy, Integration
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension