Senior Director, HR Business Partner for Global Retail @ Levi Strauss & Co.
Executive Director, Field Human Resources @ Toys"R"Us, Inc.
Director of Human Resources @ Toys R Us
Toys“R”Us, Inc. is the world’s leading dedicated toy and baby products retailer, offering a differentiated shopping experience through its family of brands. Merchandise is sold in approximately 870 Toys“R”Us and Babies“R”Us stores in the United States and Puerto Rico, and in more than 730 international stores and over 210 licensed stores in 36 countries and jurisdictions. In
Toys“R”Us, Inc. is the world’s leading dedicated toy and baby products retailer, offering a differentiated shopping experience through its family of brands. Merchandise is sold in approximately 870 Toys“R”Us and Babies“R”Us stores in the United States and Puerto Rico, and in more than 730 international stores and over 210 licensed stores in 36 countries and jurisdictions. In addition, it exclusively operates the legendary FAO Schwarz brand.
With its strong portfolio of e-commerce sites including Toysrus.com, Babiesrus.com, eToys.com and FAO.com, it provides shoppers with a broad online selection of distinctive toy and baby products. Headquartered in Wayne, NJ, Toys“R”Us, Inc. employs approximately 70,000 associates annually worldwide.
Sound good to you? Come join us…Come on Let’s Play!
Visit the “R”Us Careers social pages on Facebook at Facebook.com/ruscareers, on Twitter @ToysRUsCareers, Instagram @ToysRUsCareers, on LinkedIn at Linkedin.com/company/toys-r-us and on YouTube at YouTube.com/user/RUsCareers to find up-to-date information regarding careers at Toys“R”Us, Inc.
Executive Director, Field Human Resources @ Responsible for developing and leading the Field HR Talent Strategy for 60,000 team members, over 800 stores and 8 Distribution Centers throughout the U.S. Puerto Rico and Guam, as well as the Customer Service Call Center and Store Operations HQ teams. Primary business partner and adviser to the Senior Vice President of Operations, VP of Distribution and Logistics and VP of Operations Strategy and Execution. From April 2015 to Present (9 months) Director of Human Resources @ Primary business partner and adviser to the Regional Vice President overseeing the largest Region in the Company, totaling over 230 stores throughout 22 states and over $2 billion in annual revenue. As the leader of the Region’s HR function, provides leadership over the Region’s HR Business Unit, including up to 11 direct reports, and serving as chief adviser in the areas of Staffing, Retention, Development and Brand as well as the primary field partner for HR Centers of Excellence. Ensures the business can attract, motivate, develop and retain great talent through effective training, development, performance management and rewards strategies. Leads the succession planning process for Regional and District level leaders, including developing and managing action plans for top talent and low performers.
Act as the internal champion for the Company’s Mission, Vision and Values to create a Regional culture that represents a “Great Place to Work.” Responsible for ensuring compliance to all legal and Company policies and procedures as well as reviewing and updating as needed to match the evolving business environment. From February 2012 to April 2015 (3 years 3 months) Regional Human Resources Manager @ Business partner to two District Managers overseeing 21 stores throughout Los Angeles and Central California, providing HR support and serving as an adviser in the areas of talent acquisition, employee relations, team member engagement, performance management, talent development and succession planning. Responsible for the development and engagement of knowledgeable store teams that drive results through leadership and execution with guest and team as the priority. Managerial support role for HR Department Supervisors to ensure proper implementation and execution of HR policies and procedures as well as responsible for the coaching and development of the store leadership teams through a focus on enhancing their talents, and supporting their success while emphasizing a team-oriented culture dedicated to compliance, quality, continuous improvement and high performance.
- Winner of 2011 "Great Place to Stay" National Award for driving team member engagement From September 2010 to February 2012 (1 year 6 months) Store Manager @ Responsible for recruiting, selecting, retaining, coaching and developing talented team members to be successful in their jobs, including completing accurate performance/potential assessments of direct reports and final approval of all personnel assessments in the building. Recruited by Regional Vice President to turn-around a high-volume/high-profile store designated as “Focus Store” due to previous poor operational, financial and team performance. Within the first 6 months of taking over, improved the store to the level of being recognized as the training store for the Los Angeles market.
- Drove Total Store Operational Score from 44 to 88
- Took Overall Team Member Engagement Survey score from bottom 10% in the Company to top 20% From April 2009 to September 2010 (1 year 6 months) Store Team Leader @ General Manager for a $60 million big-box retailer responsible for all areas of operations and achievement of all stated financial goals including overseeing a staff of 270 hourly team members, 28 Team Leaders, 11 Executive Team Leaders and 3 Pharmacists. Ensured all Executive Team Leaders identified opportunities, developed their own solutions and executed the necessary adjustments to meet company goals centered on driving profitable sales, creating a fast, fun and friendly environment for our team and our guests, and delivering great in-stocks and a great looking store. Responsible for recruiting, selecting, retaining, coaching and developing talented team members to be successful in their jobs, including completing accurate performance/potential assessments of direct reports and final approval of all personnel assessments in the building.
- Drove Total Store Operational Score from a 67.5 to a 98.75
- Drove retention numbers to 2nd highest in 52 store group From March 2006 to April 2009 (3 years 2 months) Senior Logistics Executive Team Leader @ Supervised and coached a staff that averaged 70 hourly team members, 6 Team Leaders, and 2 Executive Team Leaders to follow company processes and use appropriate tools to deliver excellent in-stocks all day, every day in multiple Target store locations. Assessed the backroom and sales floor every day to set goals and expectations; followed up with the team to ensure goals and expectations were satisfied; coached the team to quickly resolve any in-stock, presentation, pricing, signing or safety issues. Use of diagnostic reports, observation and team feedback to pinpoint in-stock issues and develop and implement solutions. From December 2003 to March 2006 (2 years 4 months) Market Research Consultant @ Performed exploratory and advanced market analyses and feasibility studies for candidate technologies to evaluate their Department of Defense value and alternative use (commercialization) potential for creating additional revenue streams, as well as provided new business consulting services for commercially viable products including business plan and marketing strategy development. Provided selected clients with market viability analyses, competitive landscape overview, horizontal market opportunities, and product launch plan including final product specification, identification of Beta customers, identification of prototype and large quantity manufacturer and market entry strategy, including pricing strategies, internal operational requirement and branded marketing communication and tools. From August 2002 to December 2003 (1 year 5 months) Greater San Diego AreaMBA Student - EMC @ From 2002 to 2003 (1 year)
M.B.A. @ San Diego State University-California State University From 2001 to 2003 B.S., Summa cum Laude @ Towson University From 1996 to 1999 Lee SHRM-SCP is skilled in: Store Management, Succession Planning, Visual Merchandising, Talent Management, Retail, Loss Prevention, Employee Relations, Leadership Development, Recruiting, Performance Management, Training, Hiring, Employee Training, Onboarding, Interviews
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension