Head of IT Ops, Client Services and Facilities @ Maker Studios (Disney Owned Company)
Director of IT Operations @ Microsoft
Sr. Operations Manager @ Discovery Communications
No education info found.
Over 25 years of measurable success in IT Operations.
Currently with an awesome company Maker Studios as Director of IT Operations overseeing both strategic and tactical aspect of technology instituting industry best practices. Prior, I was the Director at Microsoft Corp. overseeing IT Operations for cloud services such as CRM Online, MS Office Online, Small Business Accounting
Over 25 years of measurable success in IT Operations.
Currently with an awesome company Maker Studios as Director of IT Operations overseeing both strategic and tactical aspect of technology instituting industry best practices. Prior, I was the Director at Microsoft Corp. overseeing IT Operations for cloud services such as CRM Online, MS Office Online, Small Business Accounting and bCentral services.
Developed & managed multiple, large scale projects from strategic planning (Disaster Recovery, Change Management, Control Management) to Data Center and Customer Support (Uptime at 99.9+%, Performance Management, Geo Balancing and Security).
Strong advocate of following industry best practices (ITIL, MOF, and Six Sigma ) Seasoned in managing outsource contractors as well as third party companies for completion of large and complex projects.
Ability to team with peers and communicate credibly and effectively at all levels in the organization with strong day-to-day program management and execution skills. Demonstrated ability to resolve issues quickly and make decisions that meet the objectives.
Strong profit and loss financial management (Avg. of 25-35% savings in Ops. Budget while owning P&L for specific department within Microsoft), forecasting, and budgeting skills along with strong written and verbal/presentation communication experience.
Ability to persuade, influence, lead, and effectively communicate with staff in both technical & non-technical environments
Head of IT Ops, Client Services and Facilities @ Lead strategy and operations for the IT division. Demonstrate technical expertise to provide hardware and software solutions to business process challenges. Develop IT processes and objective that support company goals to ensure profitability and growth. Establish long-term and short-term roadmaps for the technology organization and its utilization. Define internal requirements and conduct feasibility studies for all proposed initiatives. Manage the helpdesk and support staff. Hire and develop managers, supervisors and other technical support staff as needed. Work directly with vendors, and consultants. Guide IT management and teams in implementing major technology projects and architectures. Ensure all systems and procedures are followed and all customer support calls are identified and resolved. Manage all aspects of Technology Projects including cross functional-teams, resource assignment, scope, milestones and quality control. Ensure personnel training and knowledge sharing on primary company objectives. Follow emerging technologies and select those advantageous to business goals. Drive internal communications processes.
• Using ITIL principles simplified IT support and delivered a 40% boost to business production by decentralizing support processes according to functional lines and locations.
• Eliminated excess expenses related to technology use by authoring a policy manual covering appropriate use of company systems, devices, and telecommunications.
• Authored a Service Level Agreement to address all services covered by the IT Department.
• IT Governance
• Emerging Technology
• Business Requirements
• Process Improvement
• Customer Service
• Process Management
• IT Implementation
• Budgeting & Finance
• Team Leadership
• Organizational Growth
• Partner Relations
• Client Services
• Business Development
• Program Management
• Vendor Negotiation
• Staff Development From April 2012 to Present (3 years 9 months) Greater Los Angeles AreaDirector of IT Operations @ -Responsible for overseeing the wellness of entire online services within Office and CRM services currently supporting over 100K paying customers with over (1 million hits per day) environment. In addition, my team also is responsible for SBA (Small Business Accounting), and future (in planning) on-line services that is scheduled to be released in the future.
The normal duties include (but not limited to):around the clock monitoring, content management (propping), Billing and provisioning with clear and concise metrics that is reported to executive level.
- Responsible for managing overall Operation Group including Business Services, Support and IT. Management tasks include hiring, performance management, training, retaining and terminating employees in the group;
- Working collaboratively within IT organization worldwide and with the various customers groups and application owners to obtain buy-in and support for IT infrastructure projects;
- Responsible for other departmental management projects as required by General Manager. As a senior manager, providing leadership as needed to other departmental members on a regular basis. Technical Areas: - Responsible for implementing infrastructure monitoring tools (ie. Network Management system, Sitescope) to ensure all of the infrastructure services are being managed at the optimal level as well as to proactively plan for required infrastructure bandwidths;
- Responsible for the management and operation of a 24/7/365 US data center including equipment capacity planning, maintenance, backup services and disaster recovery aspect of the operation.
- Responsible for developing operational standards for all aspects of IT infrastructure using the SixSigma, ITIL and MOF model of standards. From April 2000 to July 2009 (9 years 4 months) Sr. Operations Manager @ Responsible for the entire data center that consisted (150 NT/Novell servers, 50 Unix, 80 Cisco routers, 6 Alpha servers, 3 Storagetek robot for enterprise backup and others) to support the worldwide offices.
Primary duties included, but not limited to:
Develop policy and procedures for change management to control all activities that impacted business operations.
Manage 24/7 NOC (Network Operations Center)
Manage project activities to ensure that objectives are met within budget and deadlines.
Develop plans and schedules to implement project objectives.
Recruit and train appropriate staff required to meet project plans.
Organize and coordinate workflow in accordance with project objectives.
Communicate project goals and work assignments to staff, and resolve any process problems.
Evaluate performance against objectives, and modify schedules or plans as required.
Managed the implementation of integrated management systems interacting with management, IT, staff and installation teams meeting project parameters on-time and within budget.
Developed and implemented a customer service improvement project that reduced complaints by 90%.
Coordinated the workflow on systems installation projects coordinating client/vendor input to ensure compatibility of third party data.
Developed and organized training schedules to meet clients' staff training needs and capabilities. From March 1999 to April 2000 (1 year 2 months) Operations Manager @ Responsible for managing 6 engineers that are supporting Chief Counsel Technical Support Branch in 1111 Constitution Ave. in Washington, D.C. My staff is responsible for all day to day activities that includes, but not limited to the following:
User support (Help desk)
WAN connectivity for all regional and district office nationwide which totals around 50 offices. This connection is currently made using Cisco Routers and T1 connection.
LAN (Local Area Network) connection from the desktop to the main concentrators that houses the connection.
Successful delivery all daily TaxNotes information using FTP (File Transfer Protocol) technology and making sure its successful delivery to the nationwide offices.
Performing training to users and government staff as needed.
On a non-technical side, I am responsible for developing long-range work and plans with matrix to anticipate workload. Analyzing users' needs and recommending new ways to meet the needs in form of documentation (Telecom Plan, Network Operations Center). Lastly, preparing annual budget for both in technology and in staff, scheduling work load to subordinates on the basis of priority and experience, making technical proposal and recommendation for immediate and long term, meeting deliverable deadline (never been late) and most importantly, making sure the moral of my staff is always consistent. From April 1997 to March 1999 (2 years) Washington D.C. Metro Area
Ken Park, ITIL, MOF, Six Sigma is skilled in: Entrepreneurship, Start-ups, Business Strategy, Business Development, Management, Project Management, Change Management, Strategy, Customer Service, Integration, Business Intelligence, ITIL, CRM, Software Documentation, Cloud Computing
Looking for a different
Ken Park, ITIL, MOF, Six Sigma?
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension