Vice President -Infrastructure and Operations @ CVS Health
Bachelor of Science - BS @
California State University-San Bernardino
A technology executive that has consistently delivered increased value to internal/external clients, executive leadership and shareholders/members for three multi-billion dollar organizations. A track record of success encompasses partnering with executives to meet corporate goals, turn around struggling technology organizations while consistently improving delivery times, service levels and reduced operating costs. Proven areas of expertise and core competencies
A technology executive that has consistently delivered increased value to internal/external clients, executive leadership and shareholders/members for three multi-billion dollar organizations. A track record of success encompasses partnering with executives to meet corporate goals, turn around struggling technology organizations while consistently improving delivery times, service levels and reduced operating costs. Proven areas of expertise and core competencies include:
● Strategic Technology Planning ● Systems Architecture ● Networks ● Application Development ● Data Center Management ● Information Management ● Budget Development & Management ● Technology Service Delivery ● Service Management ● Systems Engineering ● Security/Access Management ● Quality Assurance and Testing ● Continuous Improvement (ITIL) ● Change Control Management ● Mergers and Acquisitions
Executive Consultant to CIO/COO @ Advising CIO and COO on critical initiatives resulting from recent company merger. This includes but not limited to: Application Rationalization / Consolidation, Disaster Recovery and Target Data Center Strategy, Data Management with focus on retention, organization design and technology trends impacting the insurance industry. From May 2015 to Present (8 months) SVP Data Management Executive @ Accountable for Data Lifecycle Management strategy and support of electronic records retention. This includes assistance in the development of key transformational programs: Data Discovery and Analytics; Data Lifecycle Management as a Service; End-User Generated Content Services and Compliance Simplification. These programs represent approximately $63 million dollar investment. Reported into the Enterprise Chief Information Officer Organization.
● Manage a group of highly skilled Senior Data Architects and extended staff members representing Infrastructure, application development, global records management and compliance. The Project represents 42mm of spend over 3 years.
● Building a services-based data lifecycle management platform to automate electronic records management, defensible disposition and destruction processes that meet global records management and legal preservation requirements for the firm.
● Developed Data Lifecycle Management strategy for the company with input from Legal, Compliance, CIO, CTO, Data Management partners from across the firm. Currently function as the Chair of the Defensible Disposition Steering committee whose charter is to provide guidance and support for the strategy. This strategy supports all regions and jurisdictions globally. From January 2014 to February 2015 (1 year 2 months) United StatesSenior Vice President, Business Technology Exec Home Loans and Insurance and Legacy Asset Services @ Overall accountability for support center operations, application maintenance, end to end production support and system engineering in support of the Home Lending and Legacy Asset Services organization. Reported directly to the CIO of the division. Provided support for applications and some direct customer inquiries for key business units.
● Managed a global workforce of 850 resources located in the US, Costa Rica and India. This included 24x7 support for 500 applications and 50k users and customers form Home Lending. This was supported with annual budget of $60 million dollars in resource expense.
● Exceeded SLAs for two years running as it relates to call hold times, speed to answer and percent abandoned calls this was achieved while supporting 40k calls per month. From January 2012 to January 2014 (2 years 1 month) Senior Vice President (Division CTO) Mortgage Technology @ Executive accountability for Infrastructure , Architecture, Engineering, and operations in support of Home Loans, Insurance and Legacy Asset Divisions. Support the CIO and direct reports that deliver application functionality to the business. Managed a $22 million dollar resource budget and $300 million dollar capital budget for computer-related hardware expense. Core Responsibilities:
● Led and approved the Data Center Strategy for the Home Loans and Insurance line of business.
● Oversaw a global staff of 400 resources which included offshore, onshore and contract resources.
● Deployment of Infrastructure solutions to support material growth in employee and third party resources.
● Member of the CTO Board for Bank of America to drive IT strategy for the enterprise.
● Executive Sponsor for cross-functional application testing. From January 2010 to January 2012 (2 years 1 month) Senior Vice President, Business Technology Executive (Division CIO) Insurance Services Group @ Executive accountability for all technology-related activities in support of the Insurance Services Group at Bank of America. The Insurance Services Group delivers Property and Casualty/Lender Placed/Debt Cancellation products through multiple distribution channels. Supported the CEO of the division, his direct reports and support partners with technology strategy and solutions.
● Oversaw a global IT staff of 400, which included offshore, onshore, and contract resources.
● Direct accountability for a $54 million dollar annual IT budget.
● Implemented $20 million dollars of new business functionality.
● Established best practices IT organization model driving accountability for production support, testing and system enhancements.
● Accountable for integration of Legacy Countrywide/Balboa Insurance with Bank of America systems. From July 2008 to July 2010 (2 years 1 month) Vice President and Chief Technology Officer @ Executive accountability for leading the technology strategy for the enterprise. Developed the technology vision, ensuring that application and infrastructure technologies were implemented in a thoughtful, cost-effective, and customer focused manner.
● Oversaw a staff of 300 resources domestically that included onshore and contract resources.
● Implemented utility compute model focusing on ways to increase scalability, availability, and performance while reducing cost and complexity.
● Built out Enterprise PMO to focus on portfolio management and prioritization of key technology projects that required financial investment.
● Oversaw the implementation of VOIP technology to enable call exchanges between branch offices and call centers.
● Implementation of ITIL-based organization focusing on operation, engineering and architectural excellence.
● Selection of strategic vendors to leverage overall spend, reduce suppliers, and minimize system complexity. From 2005 to 2008 (3 years) Director--Information Technology @ Leadership of enterprise server and workstation engineering and architecture organization that includes transactions systems, database management, performance/capacity and storage architecture and engineering teams. This includes the leadership of 260 Allstate employees, which consists of 15 Team Leads, 4 Sr. Managers and 10 Planning Consultants. Had direct accountability of 155 million dollar computer related (hardware, software and maintenance) annual spend.
● Led Application Hosting effort that includes development of infrastructure reference architecture, platform.
selection strategy, service delivery, process refinement, leadership development, and chargeback capability.
● Management of supply chain to negotiate lowest price of technology as well as SLA’s that ensure post-sales support.
● Led multiple expense savings initiatives to deliver increased value to the organization. One of these initiatives was the consolidation/optimization activities for Wintel, Unix, Mainframe, Database, and Storage platforms.
● Partnered closely with application development executives to understand tool usage (.net/J2ee) and align server and workstation platforms.
● Led project management office to ensure timely delivery of services to the enterprise. From 1986 to 2005 (19 years) Senior Manager--Information Technology @ Allstate Insurance Company From 1986 to 2000 (14 years)
MBA, Business Administration @ University of Illinois at Chicago From 2002 to 2005 bs, business @ California State University-San Bernardino From 1982 to 1986 Justin MBA is skilled in: Strategic Planning, Enterprise Software, Leadership, IT Strategy, ITIL, SDLC, Vendor Management, Infrastructure, Risk Management, Business Process Improvement, Insurance, Enterprise Architecture, Strategy, Service Delivery, Process Improvement, Program Management, Integration, Business Analysis, IT Management
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension