IT Business Analyst @ VIACOM International Media Networks / MTV Latin America
Data and Research Analyst @ Institute for Medical Education & Research
Business and Operations Manager @ Document Scanning Center Corporation
Bachelors, Mechanical Engineering @
Georgia Institute of Technology
Sr. Business/Financial/Project/Data Analyst with proven results in converting business needs into highly effective business processes and computer systems. A creative problem solver with a solid technical background and data management expertise. Proven ability to design, develop, implement, and maintain business solutions. Reputation for taking any Business Improvement Initiative throughout all stages of the Business Systems Life Cycle
Sr. Business/Financial/Project/Data Analyst with proven results in converting business needs into highly effective business processes and computer systems. A creative problem solver with a solid technical background and data management expertise. Proven ability to design, develop, implement, and maintain business solutions. Reputation for taking any Business Improvement Initiative throughout all stages of the Business Systems Life Cycle from Feasibility Analysis, to Project Management, to Business Process Re-Engineering. Particularly effective in a multi-language/multi-cultural setting. Master command of English/Spanish written languages.
IT Business Analyst @ - Working with local and international Technical and Business Teams in researching, formulating, and implementing solutions to meet current and future business needs
- Coordinating the interview, evaluation, analysis, and final recommendations of vendors throughout many different projects
- Assisting in business justification development to facilitate the Managerial Decision Making Process
- Contributing in project approach methodologies, on-going follow-ups, and creative problem solving (both business and technical) to keep projects moving forward From February 2012 to Present (3 years 11 months) Data and Research Analyst @ Assembled a Research Analysis Team to help define, capture, analyze, and graph Medical Practice Pattern Research, Medical Training Evaluations, and Medical Training Outcomes Data. High-level Executive Summaries were also created as the formal deliverable of these various reports.
- Analyzed Medical Training Data to show our Grant Supporters numerical proof of deliverables on millions of allocated dollars
- Provided the Grant Writing Team most of the data and graphs used in our successful grant submissions, thus generating millions of dollars to the organization
- Re-designed survey tools that resulted in the capturing and presenting more accurate data that translated into a competitive advantage over other organizations seeking the same Grants' money
- Trained the Research Team to work as a Unit with a common gold to help build an accurate, reliable, and consistent Data Repository to support Grant Writing Sales for existing and future grants From September 2010 to May 2011 (9 months) Business and Operations Manager @ Business and Operations Manager
Oversaw the entire operation of this small business. Delivered to clients robust Data Conversion and Management solutions that addressed their business needs and that added quantifiable value to their final product or service. With up to 7 employees and 7 industrial grade scanning stations, Raised Document Scanning Center Corporation to be the number one scanning operation in South Florida, as far as quality, reliability, security, and uncompromising integrity is concerned.
* Accurately prepared complex legal records and loaded them into multiple Litigation Management Software to save clients thousands of dollars in time and human resources costs
* Formulated Paper-to-Database Conversion Projects to generate millions of dollars for clients in successful civil litigation cases
* Designed and Deployed Technical Solution for Government Business Process Re-Engineering initiatives: moved thousands of documents from paper format to electronic format in a very inexpensive, but highly effective, number of implementations
* In charge of the processing of hundreds of boxes of documents pertaining to white-collar crime cases managed by the Federal Government, most of which were successfully prosecuted
* Used in-housed developed Financial Analytics Tools to manage profitability and to set pricing
* Integrated services into the day-to-day operation of clients to save thousands of dollars a year
* Installation, Configuration, and Management of internal Windows 2000 Server: User Configuration, Network Security Administration, and Application Support
* Installation, Configuration, and Management of McAfee Security as a Service (i.e., SaaS) Anti-Virus, Anti-Spyware, Software Firewall for Windows 2000, Windows XP, and Windows Vista stations
* Installation, Configuration, and Management of CISCO System Firewall/Router to keep the entire office secured from external attacks, as well as maintaining all office external access to business-required sites From October 2000 to September 2010 (10 years) Adjunct Professor – Management Information Systems @ Taught Junior-level business students the role Information Technology (IT) plays in supporting business needs. Coursework covered basic IT infrastructure elements and how IT is used to enhance operations. The class included a hand-on MS-Excel and MS-Access lab.
- Designed/delivered lectures, complementing them with professional anecdotes to enhance knowledge retention
- Promoted creative thinking during lab exercises to motivate the students to “think outside the box”
- Actively sought students participation during lectures to make the subject matter part of them, as they would apply their own experiences, knowledge, or misconceptions to the topic at hand From January 2001 to June 2003 (2 years 6 months) Account Executive / Sales / Account Manager @ As the owner of the customer relationship, ensured that contractual obligations on all existing services were met. Coordinated and closed new sales based on existing and new services. Working in a matrix organization, accessed multiple service resources to create highly customized service offerings that would fit the client's operational and financial capabilities.
- Managed P&L performance for $12 million annual contract revenue by tracking present and future sales forecasts, as well as monitoring expense elements within the account to improve P&L
- Formulated technical and sales strategies to maintain $10M business backlog and to increase revenues within the Application Development Service Offering
- Developed multi-disciplinary responses to RFPs that required the successful coordination of several Service Offering Teams that gave us a competitive advantage over any other vendors
- Used complex financial analysis and creative ideas to optimize Product/Service Line Offerings that provided thousands of dollars in cost savings a year
- Managed key relationship with Finance and Personnel Center customers and directly supported their operations which served over 60 Mexico Sites and over 70,000 Mexico employees.
- Change Agent for our Drive-to-Excellence initiative. Created and advocated long-term strategies while satisfying short term goals. Coordinated local reorganization to ensure seamless integration with the client
- Supervised 55 employees within our Matrix Organizational Structure, providing mentoring, coaching, and leadership. Promoted staff retention by providing a safe environment that encouraged intellectual and professional growth From 1997 to 2000 (3 years) Technical Infrastructure Project Manager @ Working within our various service offerings support teams (i.e., voice/data communications, video-conferencing, engineering support, standard office environment, business office functions, data center, and application development), planned and implemented the deployment of services in the expansion project of the world-class Mexico Technical Center.
- Technical Infrastructure Project Manager responsible for the Mexico Technical Center expansion project, representing $4M in new annual sales
- Managed support groups and coordinated with customer’s Engineers, Architects, and Consultants in planning, construction, and starting operation of the expansion project From 1996 to 1997 (1 year) Engineering Systems Engineer @ In charge of the configuration, installation, maintenance, performance, uptime, disaster recovery, and overall ongoing support of high-end Engineering Workstations. Assigned to most demanding clients, formulated creative solutions to successfully address their concerns.
- Support of CAD/CAE/CAM/CIM, Product Data Management Systems, and Plant Floor Systems keeping uptime of equipment as scheduled
- Developed proposals, cost models, and customer presentations for Engineering Systems opportunities that resulted in expansion and extension of our services
- Implemented TCP/IP Ethernet Network plans, performed analysis, as well as complex network troubleshooting, thus establishing a very stable and productive environment for our clients
- Created Detailed Documentation Manuals for Equipment Installation Procedures, Software Configuration, System Administration Tasks, and User Customization
- In-depth UNIX-Script Application Development to automate System Administration routine tasks such as: Data Backup and Restore, Engineering Workstations Configuration, Peripherals Configuration, and Software Configuration Automation. Many of these scripts are still being used, even years after their creation From 1989 to 1996 (7 years)
MBA, Finance @ The University of Texas-Pan American From 1992 to 1995 Bachelors, Mechanical Engineering @ Georgia Institute of Technology From 1985 to 1987 High School Degree @ Colegio San José From 1977 to 1981 Juan Bolet is skilled in: Project Management, Analysis, Team Building, Data Conversion, Mining, Strategic Planning, Business Analysis, Data Extraction, Program Management, Public Speaking, Change Management, PowerPoint, Process Improvement, Government, Data Analysis
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension