Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.) @
Presidio Graduate School
Analyst with an eye for enabling healthy organizational change and rigorous financial management by using data to tell compelling stories. Cares deeply about the impact of business on the global community, and applies that passion through efficiency, efficacy, and empowerment. Versatile problem solver with experience across several industries. Specializes in blending the best approaches between private sector
Analyst with an eye for enabling healthy organizational change and rigorous financial management by using data to tell compelling stories. Cares deeply about the impact of business on the global community, and applies that passion through efficiency, efficacy, and empowerment. Versatile problem solver with experience across several industries. Specializes in blending the best approaches between private sector and non-profit enterprises. Adept at providing great client service, and thrives under ambiguity.
Financial Analyst @ Gleaning insights from financial data and analysis to facilitate high quality decision-making across PATH’s senior leadership. Telling stories with data to empower managers to practice responsible fiscal stewardship. Supporting continuous improvement of business processes and systems across the organization.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
(1) Analysis to guide strategic decisions
(2) Long-range financial modeling
(3) Periodic forecasting and reporting
(4) Annual budgeting process
(5) Monitoring institutional spending From July 2015 to Present (6 months) Principal @ Community Supported Biocycling (CSB) provides ecosystem services to close the loop for the farm-to-table movement. CSB continues where CSA (Community Supported Agruculture) leaves off to close our resource loop and invest in a sustainable future. We provide the access to turn food & beverage waste into organic fertilizer & fuel. In turn, we help decrease greenhouse gas emissions and lower air and water pollution, all while improving soil fertility for farmers.
CSB is a joint venture supported by Impact Bioenergy and For the Good PBC. From September 2014 to Present (1 year 4 months) Greater Seattle AreaBusiness Analyst, Poverty Tools & Insights @ Grameen Foundation is a non-profit organization focused on designing innovative products to increase the agency of the world's poorest citizens. In an effort to provide solutions to the critical problems that they face every day, GF aims to empower the poor by providing the interventions necessary to connect them to their potential.
MY ROLE: Improved financial and programmatic decision-making at GF. I served as a multi-function analyst with the ultimate goal of steering GF's programs towards financial, operational, and strategic success.
I managed grant-funded projects and revenue-generating operations. I was also responsible for developing financial models, creating program budgets, tracking expenditures, analyzing revenue flows, automating essential business processes, and managing financial and operational reporting to internal and external stakeholders. From April 2012 to April 2015 (3 years 1 month) Business Analyst, Strategy Office @ Provided execution support services to Grameen Foundation program and regional teams through business analysis and process improvement. Developed and maintained standardized business management services and conducted analysis that supported improvement in operations and execution. Supported strategic initiatives across programs at GF. From May 2011 to May 2012 (1 year 1 month) Program Associate, Mifos Initiative @ Managed donor reporting, customer screening, legal, accounting, and operations functions for the Mifos opensource software initiative at Grameen Foundation.
• Led due diligence initiatives for partner organizations in India
• Conducted case study writing and ROI analysis of Mifos MIS tool
• Reduced program overhead expenses by 35% through process re-engineering of key business work streams From April 2010 to May 2011 (1 year 2 months) Interstate Agent Manager @ Process improvement consulting and supervision of independent legal service contractors for a national provider of legal technology solutions. Orchestrated company expansion into Texas. From July 2009 to April 2010 (10 months) Short Term Associate @ English language instruction to children and adults of all ages, coordination of sports camps, and facilitation of HIV/AIDS awareness programs for a community center in Mekelle, Ethiopia. From June 2008 to September 2008 (4 months) Marketing and International Business Assistant @ Editing/proofreading for faculty scholarly works. Presentation and classroom material production. From September 2004 to June 2008 (3 years 10 months) Supplier Management Intern, Integrated Defense Systems @ NATO international and US domestic contract procurement for IDS projects. Logistical coordination of supplier deliveries. Contract negotiations training. From May 2007 to July 2007 (3 months) Commercial/Communications Intern @ Jack-of-all-trades for a League One football club near London, UK. Organized and implemented season ticket distribution system, assisted match-day stadium preparations and constructed stadium advertising signs. From June 2006 to September 2006 (4 months) Client Services Intern @ Wrote promotional material for Nike Soccer products, promoted Northern California Fall Golf Show on location in San Francisco, and assisted marketing for capital campaign of Pacific National Soccer Park. From June 2005 to September 2005 (4 months)
Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.), Sustainable Business, Finance Concentration @ Pinchot From 2014 to 2016 Bachelor's, Business, Geography, History @ University of Washington, Michael G. Foster School of Business From 2004 to 2008 Joe McNulty is skilled in: Analysis, Microfinance, Management, Strategy, Process Improvement, Business Analysis, Training, Program Management, Customer Service, Nonprofits, Financial Analysis, Microsoft Office, Grants, Microsoft Excel, Strategic Planning
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension