Programming: Proficient in
Network Protocols: SMPP, TCP/IP, HTTP, 802.11 (Wi-Fi), CSMA/CA
Software Development Engineer @ • Developing Spark/Hadoop programs to process large (TeraByte) catalog data. From July 2014 to Present (1 year 6 months) Greater Seattle AreaSoftware engineer @ • Independently designed and implemented a test automation framework in Python. Automated over 4000 functional test cases on 19 major features by the framework. As a result, the test on the core feature alone that used to take 6-7 engineers 2-3 days can now be executed overnight without human intervention. Additionally, the framework is highly extendable in that test on new features can be added with minimum coding effort.
• Developing Abeona dashboard, an Android App for parent control and monitoring. Performed Android UI test automation using Espresso and Calabash-Android.
• Participated in development and test on OTT project, a cloud service to provide RESTful APIs for customers to send batch text messages. Built the monitoring server using Zabbix to collect system/application-level metrics from production servers and to generate alarms. Deployed the system on Amazon AWS. Did test automation using Robot framework.
• Experiences on remote debugging Java server application; debugging Oracle PL/SQL and MySQL procedures, queries and triggers.
• Developed high performance multi-process traffic generator in Python to emulate production load; designed and implemented a rate auto-control algorithm so that the emulator can adjust the burst sending rate intelligently based on system capacity. Conducted performance test, tuning the server for best throttle throughput and stability.
• Implemented a test-harness console to centralize and simplify all kinds of tasks including DB operations, UNIX commands, deployment commands by Fabric, transmitting and processing network messages and so on. It greatly improves testing productivity in the team.
• Writing SBIR/STTR proposals; giving product pre-sale demos and technical presentations. From March 2009 to September 2010 (1 year 7 months) Software Engineer @ • Participated in the development of the inter-bank bankcard transaction exchanging center on HP/Tandem’s Nonstop OS platform. Developed the settlement module on large-volume transactions and the transaction emulator on Tandem Non-Stop Platform using COBOL, C and MS Access VBA. The platform is used by the People's Bank of China (China’s central bank) across its southeast region in China. From October 1997 to June 2000 (2 years 9 months) Shanghai City, China
Ph.D., Electrical & Computer Engineering @ Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey-New Brunswick From 2002 to 2009 Jian Zhang is skilled in: Android development, Python, Java, Agile Methodologies, SQL, Test Automation, Linux, Web development, Perl, C++, C, Apache Spark, Hadoop, Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension