Manager, Cyber and Data Risk @ McKinsey & Company
Bachelor’s Degree @
Thomas Edison State University
Proven Information Technology Leader: Expert in the design and delivery of cost-effective, high-performance security and technology solutions in support of rapid international growth with budget responsibilities to $20 million annually. Skilled in all phases of Cyber Security, IT Life cycle, IT Operations, Data Center Management and Network Operations. Delivers high value-added improvements to IT Organizations by leveraging
Proven Information Technology Leader: Expert in the design and delivery of cost-effective, high-performance security and technology solutions in support of rapid international growth with budget responsibilities to $20 million annually. Skilled in all phases of Cyber Security, IT Life cycle, IT Operations, Data Center Management and Network Operations. Delivers high value-added improvements to IT Organizations by leveraging known technologies with visionary strategy. Effective at building culturally diverse, team-centered operating units, with excellent business process and strategy development skills. Customer-centric with the ability to initiate profitable alliances with global vendors and suppliers.
Key Core Competencies include:
• Project Management
• Advance Persistent Threat Incident Response
• Cyber Security Solutions
• Virtualization and Private Cloud Expert
• Global IT Delivery
• SOx, Compliance, and Audit
• IT Infrastructure Architect
• Disaster Recovery / Business Continuity
• Highly Certified in several disciplines
Director of IT Security & Governance @ From May 2015 to Present (6 months) Greenway PlaseDirector of IT Operations @ Key Decision maker within IT Security, Operations, Governance, Disaster Recovery, Audit, and Compliance for this $2 billion, 7,000+ employee, engineering and Classification society. Successfully lead APT incident response and leveraged professional services to ensure Managed 9 direct and 60+ indirect professionals world-wide with a $14 million operating budget and $6M capital budget. Reporting to the VP of IT/CIO.
• Advanced Persistent Threat (APT) indecent management and response. Worked with Mandiant, FireEye, Palo Alto firewalls, BlueCoat proxies, and consulted with FBI and DHS. Acting Security Director and Incident commander.
• Member of Team that built captive development center in India from plan to finish.
• World-Wide Windows migration to standard desktop load.
• Negotiated and managed Microsoft Enterprise Agreement.
• Migrated from Lotus Notes to MS Exchange + Office365.
• Data Center migration to Co-location of over 750 servers, SAN, and Security, leveraging virtualization and serial number swaps to reduce business impact.
• Worked with CFO to reduce depreciation expense by leasing equipment and guarantying hardware life-cycle management.
• Member of IT Steering Board, IT Leadership forum, and Change Control board.
• Project Manager for Windows Migration, Data Center Co-location, and Advance Persistent threat incident. From March 2012 to May 2015 (3 years 3 months) Houston, Texas AreaGlobal IT Operations Director @ Key Decision maker for all IT Security, Operations, Support, Network, Disaster Recovery, SOx, Outsourcing, Telecommunications, contract negotiations, and Service issues for this $1.5 billion, 1300+ employee, global manufacturing company. Focused on IT security organization design, voice and data communications, system integration, and virtualization. Managed 89 direct and 27 indirect professionals at 15 locations world-wide with a $10 million operating budget. Reporting to the CIO.
• Improved security with advanced firewalls, IronPort mail appliances, and tightened security perimeters.
• Transformed IT: Virtualized 5 data centers in Europe, Asia and the US to support of the Company’s rapid growth,
• Brought Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity planning, Change Control, IT project management, SLA improvements, and leveraged training to improve IT organization.
• Managed Microsoft Enterprise Agreement, True-ups, and renewals
• Responsible for SAP Security and GRC Compliance for Segregation of Duties.
• Delivered new Technologies to improve serve and service levels. Took SLA from 70% to 95% in 1 year. Improved server uptime drastically via VMWare, virtualization, SANS, network accelerators and critical server/service redundancy.
• Migrated entire organization to Windows 7 standardized platform.
• Member of Due Diligence team for Mergers and Acquisitions.
• Architect and Decision Maker for Network, Server, Voice, and Data Centers From December 2006 to January 2012 (5 years 2 months) Houston, Texas AreaVice President of Technology / Technology Director @ Primary Technology Architect for $5B reverse merger of Institutional Trust to Bank of New York. Completed complex program of migration of JPMC applications to Bank of New York Data centers. Directed complex Business supporting the CDO line of business within Institutional Trust, primarily Application Development,. Managed 5 direct and 62 indirect developers, $12M annual OPEX budget $20M CAPEX projects. Reporting to the SVP of Line of Business and CIO.
• Primary Technology Architect for $5B reverse merger of Bank of New York and JMPC. Developed application mapping for ports, IP, servers, and security for 150+ applications. Documented applications, and migrated to new Data Center in by SAN replication, new server builds, new network paths and security.
• Program Manager for $20M annual, 4 year project. Managed all aspects of project, with focus on development, unit and user QA testing, regression testing, and data migrations for the TOP project.
• Co-Chair of IT Steering Committee.
• Cost Out leader for Fax automation project. Saved $1.5M annually From July 2004 to December 2006 (2 years 6 months) Houston, Texas AreaVice President of Network Architecture and Planning Western Region @ Designed and lead team of network architects to deliver all networking technologies to JPMorgan Chase Western. Consulting architect and co-author for JPMC OSPF and BGP design guide documents. Managed 4 direct and 15 indirect network architects, configuration specialists, and implementation teams. Project budgets of up to $5M. Reported to SVP of Network Architecture.
• Researched, Designed, Built, Tested, and Implemented JPMC global circuit diversity and redundancy, using Cisco internetworking hardware, diverse carriers to all North American major offices, data centers, and DR centers.
• An architect for Network and Applications with merger of BankOne and JOMC
• Migrated Texas and California regions to 3 Tier, BGP and OSPF networks, with a live, phased implementation causing zero business interrupts.
• Voting Member of External Connection Organization - Security.
• Voting Member of JPMC Change Control Board. Network and Security liaison for External Audit. From July 2001 to August 2004 (3 years 2 months) Houston, Texas AreaDirector of Enterprise Communications @ Directed all segments of security, network, wireless, telephones, cellular phones, and WAN. Managed 6 local directs, 40 remote 40 Network Operations Center personnel, $4M annual OPEX budget. Reported to the Senior Director of IT.
• Lead network security architect.
• Cost avoided $60M on $250M EBS streaming media project by building lab and testing capabilities.
• Developed then largest Wireless network utilizing Cisco technology.
• Cost out of $2.5M on cellular and WAN link optimization.
• Built first encapsulated WAN, NYC last mile for Enron’s EIN commercial network, as well as Enron’s first DWDM Network. From January 2000 to April 2001 (1 year 4 months) Houston, Texas AreaIT Operations Manager @ Managed all IT Operations for Austin (Video Division) facility, with heavy focus on PBX, telephony, servers, and Video over IP. Team of 3 direct reporting, $1M annual OPEX budget. Reporting to CIO and Business Unit Controller.
• Interfaced with Business and Engineering to ensure the Business drove IT.
• Implemented Exchange 5.5 to replace MS Mail
• Implemented cost savings measures on telecommunications.
• Lead Security administrator.
• Built first Video over IP LAN (VOIP) for leading development house.
• Lead Y2K project
• Network Architect for Voice of IP networks.
• Provided Software QA testing and Load testing. From June 1999 to January 2000 (8 months) Austin, Texas AreaIT Officer @ Managed all IT for 5 Texas facilities, PBX, network, Servers, desktops, and control networks. 2 direct reports. Reporting to Plant Maintenance Manager.
• Leader in Y2k Project.
• Upgraded 300+ servers world-wide to Novel 3.12 for Y2K to allow for better planning of replacing Novell with Windows servers
• Implemented Exchange 5.5 to replace MS Mail
• Desktop migrations for 2,000 PCs.
• Administrator for Servers, LAN, and Texas TNRCC compliance. From December 1996 to June 1999 (2 years 7 months) Houston, Texas AreaTechnical Services Manager @ Managed 2 largest contracts in South West Region, Exxon Chemical and Chase Bank, leading service delivery for over 30,000 desktops and printers, and 900 servers. Managed team of 45 field engineers, 2 administrative professionals, and 5 logistics, over the entire state of Texas for Chase and at 10 major, 50 minor Exxon facilities. Reported to Regional Director.
• Lead two major income producing contracts for service delivery
• Hire/Fire/Train process for all team members
• Leveraged supporting organization to improve on-hand parts to improve SLA
• Plan, built, tested loads and performed major site upgrades
• Desktop migrations for 11,000 PCs.
• Migrated from token ring to Ethernet. From December 1993 to December 1996 (3 years 1 month) Houston, Texas Area
Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.), Business Administration @ Texas A&M University-Commerce From 2012 to 2014 BA, History @ Thomas Edison State College From 2011 to 2011 History and International Business @ University of Houston From 1986 to 2006 SMU College of Engineering and Advanced Computing, Certificate of Advance Network Administration - MCSE Training @ Southern Methodist University From 1999 to 1999 Clear Lake High School Jeff CISSP is skilled in: VoIP, Disaster Recovery, Data Center, IT Service Management, Servers, Project Manager, Virtualization, Virtual Teams, Email Archiving, E-discovery, SOX, Audit, Security, Integration, Visio, Active Directory, Windows Server, OSPF, Business Process, System Deployment, Cisco Technologies, Enterprise Architecture, Information Security, Cloud Computing, Windows 7, Team Leadership, Network Architecture, Network Security, VMware, Networking, Auditing, VMware ESX, IT Operations, Sarbanes-Oxley Act, Project Management, Microsoft Exchange, Litigation Support, Management, Network Design, Information Technology, Business Continuity, Firewalls, Enterprise Software, Infrastructure, WAN, Hardware, Telecommunications, SAN, IT Management, IT Strategy
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension