I have been an advocate of Quality in all aspects of engineering from Mechanical to Chemical engineering. Software is a little different but the concept is the same. I want to have happy confident customers that only come back when they want to buy more of the fabulous product we have released. Also something a great QA/QC
I have been an advocate of Quality in all aspects of engineering from Mechanical to Chemical engineering. Software is a little different but the concept is the same. I want to have happy confident customers that only come back when they want to buy more of the fabulous product we have released. Also something a great QA/QC Engineer needs to keep in mind, is our own preference of what Quality means so that we don’t get pushed around by Developers/Engineers to just accept the way things are. I love being deep into testing cycles with the up most focus on what I'm doing but keeping in mind time constraints as well as project scope.
I love Engineering of all types and look forward to challenges. I don’t like sitting still and love learning. For now Software engineering is my passion but always looking for the next fight.
Software Release Engineer @ I've been hired to help refine the CM/CRM processes. Release Engineering is all about Process.
With that being said I started with process documentation. Having the necessary documentation makes audits a breeze. ULS is in the financial sector so passing audits are crucial. Next I moved to the SDLC process inserting check points in the Dev, RM, QA and PM fields. I then moved to Versioning methods to maintain proper versions on all of our apps, frontend and backend. This helps to deploy any setup of code we desire with no doubts of what were deploying. I am currently implementing automated deployments using TFS Release Management Suite. This will help with the volume of releases as we deploy multiple times everyday to several environments. This in turn locks down the release process so we know whats being released and we eliminate human error. I'm also helping the team move to TFS, this will help with our source control management and with our SDLC process..
Some of my daily duties include:
• Maintain all Development, Test, Staging and Production environments
• Create, Define, Manage New Environments From Bare Metal to VM.
• Maintain TFS Release Management Server, Release Paths, Release Tools, and Release Scripts.
• High Availbility for new environments, meaning I can spin one or many environment set ups depending on Business need.
• Release Production-Ready projects as requested at end of Agile cycle
• Coordination of Database refreshes
• Organize Weekly Release Planning Meeting
• Broadcast Release Candidates
• Move requested projects into: Test, Staging and Production
• Provide production server support to the Development Team
• Maintain Application versions From February 2014 to Present (1 year 11 months) Quality Assurance Engineer @ Quality Assurance Engineer for various on going projects.
I work on many different types of projects from embedded software on devices, to front end websites and back end services.
I work on iOS and Android mainly on the device side. From July 2012 to Present (3 years 6 months) Greater Denver AreaLead Animator/Graphic Designer @ • I Create modules to be used in all aspects of gaming from the actual characters, to the landscape, to the structures on the map.
• Technical Design Engineering, implementing 3D applications to create online real time gaming world. That is maintained and supported to meet project guidelines. Tools used; AutoCAD, 3Dmax, 3D coat, Adobe Photoshop.
• I have design control and direction and help our writers by creating demo worlds so they can apply story lines to said Characters/Landscapes/Structures.
• I create all the animation used in the modules for special effects to character movements.
• I run through all modules and QA all aspects to ensure they are ready for use by customers.
• Project lead, maintaining communication with team to ensure writers and engineers are working together. Communication and tracking tools used Visual Studio 2005, Visual Studio 2008, Bug Tracker, Jira, SQL server 2005, Go to meeting, MS Outlook.
• QA analyst Lead checking the multiple front end and backend services we have. Ensuring quality throughout all systems such as FTP sites, Web sites, Forums, Real world gaming tester, new design review, SQL data management for games and web sites. From 2000 to Present (15 years) Greater Denver AreaQuality Assurance Engineer @ I was a Q.A. Engineer for 24tru working full time on their qualitative research platform. I enjoyed helping them transition fully into Agile. I'm also helped refine their SDLC by Implementing Q.A. processes to protect the Production Environment.
• I used Linux SSH/PUTTY to set up testing environments. I helped set up Rspec and CircleCI for continuous integration testing hooked through GIT. This helped get some of the manual QA process slimmed down on the front end and the continuous integration on the backend kept the build process honest and visible.
• I helped move them from Gdocs to Test Rail which has made creating test metrics, linking defects to failed cases, spotting gaps in test coverage and regression testing much more manageable. This was a huge effort and an important one as we released software every week. I have brought in some nice process docs like: test plans, test case templates and defect entry guidelines.
• I helped refined their Agile process by defining teams and sprint life cycles. I worked with their product team to get formal product design meetings that included the dev team. This creates a better built product/feature, as we have some say in the initial design. With the product team I defined formal acceptance on production ready features, creating an extra layer of assurance that our feature is what our product team actually envisioned. I also helped define scoping methods for production issues.
• I helped with the release process as well. I created the pre-release builds, working with the team to troubleshoot pre-release issues. I created a formal process on when we lock down our code, when we do our release planning. We also created a go no go meeting after QA has ran through its regression testing to sign off on the pre-release build. From February 2013 to February 2014 (1 year 1 month) Quality Assurance Engineer Consultant @ I work as a Quality Assurance Engineer Consultant on various projects.
I am currently assigned to Charles Schwab as a Quality Assurance Engineer. From January 2013 to February 2013 (2 months) Greater Denver AreaQuality Assurance Engineer @ Quality Assurance Engineer working on file transfer and file conversion validation. I work on weekly and hourly data validation for stock markets within the financial world. I also worked on a new data model used to create these stock market metrics. From January 2013 to February 2013 (2 months) Greater Denver AreaQuality Assurance Engineer @ I have been assigned as a full time QA Consultant for all BDS Core Products. They have a new focus which is to make all of their products high quality, that is where I come in. I have been tearing apart their apps and we have been rebuilding the products from the ground up with the up-most attention user based functionality and outstanding reliability.
• Play the role as lead QA engineer creating all Test Cases for all core products.
• Technical writer works closely with me to document all new features ready to release out to existing and new customers.
• Work as the Product resource re-working all core products and tying all custom branches back into the core product. This was quite a challenging as there were many many custom branches out there.
• Helped implement a project server/branch control process that helped manage version control and branch release, making everyone's life easier.
• Helped Implement QA processes to create test case creation procedures as well as defect entry procedures. This helps with communication across all teams.
• Worked on many mobile platforms: Android, Windows Mobile and iOS.
• Worked in many Web Server environments installing App Pools, Websites and Web Services. For the purpose of replicating environments I installed on 32/64 bit machines. I installed on all the different Windows Sever configurations 2003, 2008, Win 7 and Win 8.
• Worked on many DB environments Installing on many Oracle and SQL Server instances. This ranged vast configures and each had there own challenge's. We also used Cloud storage in certain implementations.
• With all that said I had to manage many Virtual Machines tailoring each one to fit the requirements of the testing. I worked closely with the System Admin manger to facilitate this. He would stand the environment up and I would install each Windows piece depending on the testing. From July 2011 to October 2012 (1 year 4 months) Senior Quality Assurance Engineer @ Worked as Regional Lead QA (US region) for largest world wide media company.
Controlled all aspects of country wide QA. From what projects were prioritized and worked on, communication to HQ in Madrid, to creating all process documentation and Test Case suites. Trained all QA resources on all aspects of company wide projects, methodologies, and processes.
• Met all timelines with fewer resources and higher QA standards.
• Implemented all QA processes in Miami when office moved from Denver.
• Created migration plan to move entire US office from Denver to Miami along with testing strategy. Communicated Testing plan to all customers to ensure data integrity for customer confidence.
• Maintain and manage QA BREW team to ensure proper work is preformed up to standards.
• Created and updated Test Cases using BRDs to ensure new products were fully tested along every path and old products with new features were solid for our customers.
• Tested using methods like - White Box, Gray Box, Black Box, Functional, Regression, Unit, Component, Integration, Usability, Performance, Load, Smoke, and Penetration.
• Worked as a direct trouble shooting resource for partners around the world to ensure all issues were resolved quickly and with minimal downtime for our partners.
• Worked as the final QA resource to package, document and submit applications to 3rd party testing labs. This is a very high pressure position that requires extreme diligence in details.
• Works with Account managers, project managers, Developers, and CEO’s using superb communications to work seamlessly with different personality types.
• Worked on multiple platforms using multiple languages such as Web, CDMA, Android, Blackberry, Windows Mobile, C, C#, Java, XML and HTML.
• Used many project tracking systems such as Daptiv, SharePoint, VS and TFS to track all work and projects.
• I create all UAT documentation for third parties for multiple platforms. From August 2007 to July 2011 (4 years) Miami/Fort Lauderdale AreaChemical Engineer @ Worked as a Chemical engineer developing new types of epoxys and paint.
Worked as in field QC trouble shooting and diagnosing the product issues with customers. Resolving them with high customer confidence. From 2005 to 2007 (2 years) Estimator @ Estimating all types of Jobs from large commercial HVAC installs in mines to smaller more custom home based metal work.
Spent a large deal of time going over resource metrics to ensure project scope. Had a great eye for what it would take to complete project, lowering material waste and labor ty-up. From 2003 to 2006 (3 years) Architectural Design Engineering @ Designed AutoCAD blueprints for construction jobs ranging from large Civil Projects to smaller custom home designs.
Helped build all designs created, ensured all specs were built as designed.
Worked as in field QC so I could see where design flaws were if any and recreated blueprints to accommodate on field adjustments. Made for lower downtime on projects due to blueprint issues. From 2000 to 2003 (3 years)
AAS, Mechanical Engineering @ RRCC From 2001 to 2003 AAS, Architectural Engineering @ RRCC From 2000 to 2002 Jared Keith is skilled in: Agile Methodologies, Testing, Quality Assurance, Test Planning, SQL, Microsoft SQL Server, Test Automation, Test Cases, Visual Studio, Scrum, Mobile Applications, Databases, SDLC, C#, Java
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension