BS, Finance @
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
I am a certified RU<>EN Translator with an MA in Translation and Localization Management from the Monterey Institute of International Studies. I have experience working as an administrator, technical support personnel, translator, editor, QA specialist and project manager. I do well under pressure, have great attention to detail, am great at communicating with different stakeholders and am
I am a certified RU<>EN Translator with an MA in Translation and Localization Management from the Monterey Institute of International Studies. I have experience working as an administrator, technical support personnel, translator, editor, QA specialist and project manager. I do well under pressure, have great attention to detail, am great at communicating with different stakeholders and am always capable of finding a creative solution no matter what the problem is.
I am currently actively looking for new opportunities preferably either in Chicago or those that could be done remotely. Positions in the San Francisco bay area would also be considered although would require additional time for relocation purposes.
Please do not hesitate to contact me should you have questions or should you know of an opportunity that you think might be a fit for my skill set.
I can be contacted at russian.trans[at]gmail.com
Localization Project Manager @ - Taking care of a team of 100+ linguists including recruiting, onboarding, training and offboarding.
- Overseeing the translation of Pinterest materials into 30 languages.
- Serving as a medium between the linguists and the Pinterest staff.
- Setting up and carrying out projects via the Smartling platform.
- Tracking project completion and timely delivery.
- Assisting with cost estimate creation, budgeting and payments.
- Training Pinterest staff on the usage of the Smartling platform.
- Creation and management of teams via the Upwork platform. From January 2014 to Present (2 years) Language lead @ - Translation, review and QA of all UI and documentation texts
- Terminology management and other quality improvement efforts
- Serve as point of contact between the end client and the Russian language team, coordinating with linguists to be able to accommodate client’s needs From March 2013 to Present (2 years 10 months) Freelance Translator @ From August 2011 to Present (4 years 5 months) Freelance Translator @ - Translation and review of content from Russian to English and from English to Russian.
Types of materials worked on:
- Marketing materials
- Website content
- In-game content
Sample game titles that I have worked on:
- Botva Online
- Doc & Dog From September 2010 to Present (5 years 4 months) Freelance Translator @ - Translation and Review of IT and telecommunication materials from English to Russian.
- Successful completion of high profile short turn around projects.
Types of materials included, but were not limited to:
- Marketing materials
- Product specification descriptions
- Video Subtitles
Subject matters included, but were not limited to:
- Big Data From June 2010 to Present (5 years 7 months) Freelance Marketing Professional @ Assisted artists in establishing their online presence via a variety of platforms including, but not limited to:
- Facebook Business pages
- Wordpress sites
- Instagram accounts
- Bandcamp pages
Guided the artists in the creation of best business practices to follow for best content proliferation and branding.
Carried out pre-album release marketing campaigns with the intent to drive up album sales.
Carried out marketing efforts intended to assist the artists in winning vote based competitions.
Assisted artists in reaching out to blogs and media outlets with the intent to extend reach and increase fan base. From January 2009 to Present (7 years) Freelance Translator, Editor, Proofreader @ Prior role:
- Recruiting, onboarding and training of new resources.
- Carried out projects from start to finish including, but not limited to:
- Client consultation
- Preliminary project assessment and setup
- Budget creation and oversight based on client commitment, delivery timeline, as well as size and difficulty of the task.
- Selection or recruitment of resources best suited to successfully complete the task based on language, experience with the subject matter at hand and cost.
- Linguist oversight and assurance of timely delivery.
- Post translation QA.
- Follow up based on client satisfaction and implementation of client comments.
- Management of client specific translation memories and files.
- Preparation of POs and billing.
Translation and review of content from English to Russian. From October 2008 to Present (7 years 3 months) Russian language translator / editor @ Provide translation, proofreading and QA services From May 2008 to Present (7 years 8 months) Freelance Proofreader (Russian) @ Provide translation, proofreading, editing, screen proofing and QA services From 2008 to Present (7 years) Project Manager @ From March 2013 to January 2014 (11 months) Vendor Manager / Project Manager @ From July 2012 to May 2013 (11 months) Project Manager, Vendor Manager @ Ensure that client's documents are processed quickly, with high quality and in a timely manner. From January 2011 to February 2012 (1 year 2 months) Volunteer Translator @ I translate business descriptions from Russian to English before they get approved and posted on the Kiva site. From October 2007 to January 2010 (2 years 4 months) Russian language translator / editor @ Provide translation, proofreading, editing and cultural relevance checking services. From 2008 to 2010 (2 years) Marketing language consultant @ Provide proofreading and editing services. Consult on on best ways to address the customers in order to maximize the possibility of a positive outcome. From May 2008 to May 2009 (1 year 1 month) Cultural Reviewer @ Evaluated the cultural appropriateness of the documents sent to me for review. From December 2007 to May 2009 (1 year 6 months) Junior Project Manager @ From September 2008 to October 2008 (2 months) Ads Quality rater @ Helping evaluate the quality of Google powered advertisement in Russian and English languages. From September 2007 to August 2008 (1 year) Enrollment Assistant @ Helped the school set up an official presence on Facebook and other social networks. From 2007 to May 2008 (1 year) Technical Translator @ From 2007 to March 2008 (1 year) Assistant to the PR @ From June 2004 to August 2006 (2 years 3 months)
MATLM, Translation and Localization Management (Russian) @ Middlebury Institute of International Studies at Monterey From 2006 to 2008 BS, Finance @ University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign From 2002 to 2005 Jane Mazur is skilled in: Translation, Localization, Proofreading, Linguistics, Multilingual, Trados, Technical Translation, Internationalization, Editing, Website Localization, English, Foreign Languages, Project Management, Russian, Microsoft Office
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension