Senior Software Engineer @ Maharishi University of Management
Software Engineer @ Rockwell Collins
Bachelor’s Degree @
Al Al-Bayt University
One of pioneers in game development in Middle East with +7 years of hands-on professional experience creating state-of-the-art frameworks, tools, utilities, engines, API, and solutions spanning from localized to international multi-platform environments such as J2ME, Java UI, Java Swing, SWT, JFace, Android, BlackBerry, GWT, and Applet. Create simpler, faster, and less costly development cycles by helping teams
One of pioneers in game development in Middle East with +7 years of hands-on professional experience creating state-of-the-art frameworks, tools, utilities, engines, API, and solutions spanning from localized to international multi-platform environments such as J2ME, Java UI, Java Swing, SWT, JFace, Android, BlackBerry, GWT, and Applet. Create simpler, faster, and less costly development cycles by helping teams to invent tools and software to improve development infrastructure, re-factor existing products for future projects, and produce portable cross-platform applications. Contribute actively to ingenuity and success by driving leading-edge software R&D
CORE COMPETENCIES & TECHNICAL SKILLS:
Java UI (Swing, SWT & JFace) • Java Games • Software R&D • Mobile Development • J2ME • Android • Low-Level API • Tools & Framework Development • Multithreading • Development Cycle Improvement • OO Design • OO Domain Modeling • UML • Unit Test
Mobile: Android • Blackberry 7
Web: Google Web Toolkit (GWT) • JQuery • CSS3 • SilverStripe
Tools: NetBeans • Eclipse • Adobe Photoshop • Maven • Ant • JUnit • SVN • ClearQuest • DOORS • Eclipse RCP
Platforms: Windows • Linux (Ubuntu • Fedora) • Mac
Patterns: MVC • Adapter • Composite • Observer • Game Loop • Strategy Template • Command • Factory • Singleton • Iterator • Functor • Mediator
CAREER NOTE: Completed on-campus studies and currently taking distance education courses to complete a Master’s Degree in Computer Science. (Available for full-time, W-2 employment).
Software Developer @ Researched, designed and developed an automation framework solution that runs web services to execute different tasks, log and send results to the concerns people.
- Achievements: Introduce the latest technologies to the university development team and build a framework to automate a set of operations that used to be done manually. From September 2014 to Present (1 year 4 months) Software Engineer (Onsite Contractor) @ Developed and maintained software applications that augment and support various engineering activities. The tools support systems design activities (interface definition capture, drawing and reporting), customer design collaboration as well as lab and test rig support.
- Achievements: Perform software design, coding, documentation and verification for tools written in Java. Several of these applications are DO-178B Level A software development tools or DO-178B verification tools. From March 2014 to September 2014 (7 months) Researcher (Games S/W) @ Researched and developed solutions for solving new problems with mobile game development company, improving company games, and discovering new technologies. Managed team in 2 offices in 2 different cities.
• Saved time and costs required to port games to different platforms, continuing team R&D on formerly developed cross-platform game engine (Holodeck) to build portable games in diverse environments such as J2ME, Android, BlackBerry, GWT, JavaFX, Java Swing, and Applet.
• Collaborated with team to research and develop game engine to increase number of platforms supported such as Android and GWT; features included "Write Once, Run Anywhere," MVC structure, wide support for diverse media playback, physics engine, animation and sprites, social networks integration, and complete design tools.
• Researched and developed new feature for the animation builder tool - Animateck, to improve developers' ability to implement collision detection based on rigid-body dynamics technique, especially in fight games.
• Implemented teamwork software development suites including centralized code repository integrated with bug tracking system. From November 2011 to May 2013 (1 year 7 months) Senior Mobile Developer @ Designed and led development of mobile applications for Android and Nokia handsets.
• Led development of Android application to calculate Muslim prayer times for specific places and dates including accounting for changes between Lunar (Islamic) and Gregorian calendars.
• Researched and developed Lunar calendar, and Moon phases' calculations and systems based on IBM Calendars API. From May 2011 to October 2011 (6 months) Senior Systems Design Engineer @ Maintained, integrated, and administered telecom company's applications such as CRM, customer service ticketing systems, and CMS.
• Contributed actively to development of web-based game KitFinder, conducting research for management of high-quality panorama image, and developing tool slicing HQ image into tiles for each zoom level.
• Achieved successful implementation of game structure based on maps navigators' idea From July 2010 to April 2011 (10 months) Lead Game Developer @ Led and managed team of 6 developers innovating numerous mobile, desktop, and social network games. Engineered, built, and developed card and fight game engines with multiplayer functionality. Developed game server back-ends for multiplayer online games.
• Led development of cross-platform game engine (Holodeck) for MIDP and desktop multiplayer games.
• Instrumental in development of numerous card, board, sports, action, and educational games such as Trix, Balote, Tarneeb, 7arb, Carrom, Tawla (Backgammon), Penalty, Fighter, and for Encyclopedia Britannica.
• Created robust Java engine for multiplayer card games; used for development of all other card games such as Hand, Tarneeb v2, and 7arb.
• Developed strong 2D Java fight game leveraging rigid-body dynamics concept to divide human body into small areas used to calculate collision; subsequently built rigid body tool for Animateck. From December 2006 to July 2010 (3 years 8 months)
Master's Degree, Computer Science, 3.81 @ Maharishi University of Management From 2013 to 2015 Bachelor's Degree, Computer Science @ Al Al-Bayt University From 2002 to 2006 High School @ Huwwara High School Hudhaifa Shatnawi is skilled in: Java, Swing, SWT, Android, Maven, Design Patterns, Multithreading, Parallel Programming, Photoshop, LESS, Calligraphy, Game Development, UML, PHP, Game Engines
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension