Starting from a young age, I built my first website when I was 12 years old as a hobby. This hobby turned into a career where I have had experience working in tech companies and as a freelancer, developing applications for different industries and platforms. I have worked within all roles of a project life cycle which
Starting from a young age, I built my first website when I was 12 years old as a hobby. This hobby turned into a career where I have had experience working in tech companies and as a freelancer, developing applications for different industries and platforms. I have worked within all roles of a project life cycle which included managing, analysing, designing, implementing and testing several solutions. I co-founded a company called Starbates and graduated from the start-up accelerator StartEngine Los Angeles in March 2012 as the CTO.
Very dedicated, proactive and organized. I have a passion for technology and am self-motivated. Experienced in leadership positions and skilled in managing teams with successful outcomes. With numerous years working as a freelancer and lead developer, I have the ability to communicate with stakeholders and gather business requirements, analyze requirements and then communicate these tasks effectively to my development team. Studied Industrial Engineering for 3.5 years.
Always looking for new exciting and challenging opportunities.
Technical Lead @ Part of the BEX Creative and Production team From August 2015 to Present (5 months) Sydney, AustraliaSoftware Engineer @ PLUS7
Built and deployed the new version of PLUS7, a brand new experience. In this new release we incorporated Cross Device Personalization letting users continue watching an episode in different devices and have a list of their favourites shows and watch list synchronized.
- My role in this team was to build modules in PHP (multiple modules create a page) that connect to the different web-services and render the information in the required markup.
- On a daily basis I work closely with the Platforms team to integrate their data services and with the Front End engineers to incorporate their markup. At the same time we have frequent meetings with the product owner to define requirements and prioritize the work.
The Odin project consisted on implementing a semantic platform to enable the creation, storage and distribution of knowledge within the Yahoo7 network. During this project we integrated the Odin graph among the Yahoo7 TV websites.
- My role in the project was to build modules in PHP (a whole website is composed of various reusable modules) that would use the data from the Odin Graph through an API and will match the business requirements, design and front end specifications.
- In 12 months we launched 14 different TV websites including popular TV shows in Australia on Channel 7 such as Home And Away, My Kitchen Rules, X-Factor, etc.
This was a side project that I started with my manager. The idea was to incorporate integration test within the CI pipeline but at the same time make it easy for anyone to create new test cases.
I developed a solution using Node.js that will take a test suite that was generated using the Selenium IDE (extension for Firefox) and will run using Mocha and the Selenium webdriver library against the browsers farm provided by SauceLabs. Also this library made it really easy for any developer to create custom test suits and integrate them into our CI infrastructure. From October 2013 to July 2015 (1 year 10 months) Sydney, AustraliaLead Developer @ Creditworld owns and runs a number of well know comparison sites for financial products such as home loans, credit cards, savings accounts, and insurance among others.
- Responsible for all technical decisions.
- Work alongside the CEO, Managing Director, SEO Specialist, and Online Marketers to define and implement new features or improvements to our current products
- Technical implementation of new verticals for the company
- Maintain the current group of websites optimizing speed and performance
- Work with the team of developers and designers assigning tasks and executing projects
- Mobile versions for the most important sites of the company
- 3 new verticals in the company
- Created and implemented an internal development process
Technologies involved: PHP, MySQL, HTML/CSS, jQuery, Wordpress, Rackspace Cloud Server From December 2012 to September 2013 (10 months) Sydney, AustraliaCTO @ In January 2012 I co-founded Starbates as the CTO. The company graduated from the startup accelerator StartEngine in Los Angeles, CA in March 2012.
I was responsible of the decisions related to technology, defining new product features with marketing and sales and project management. The team consisted of two engineers, one web designer and one iOS developer. Recruiting the new development talent was part of my responsibilities. I was also involved in the development team, when required.
As a co-founder, my duties included investor meetings, networking activities and building strategy partnership with other technology companies.
The main milestones achieved in the company were:
- Built a new product, platform and API using Ruby On Rails and PostreSQL
- Built the user applications for iPhone and Android, firstly using Titanium Appcelerator and later in their native code (Java and Objective C)
- Built the merchant platform that allowed business owners to register by themselves, access their merchant panel and analytics and contact customers by push notification
Technologies involved: Ruby On Rails, PostgreSQL, HTML/CSS, jQuery, jQuery Mobile, Github, VPS Linux server, Braintree Payments, Titanium Appcelerator, Objective C (iPhone), Java (Android) From January 2012 to October 2012 (10 months) Orange County, California AreaPHP Developer, Project Manager @ Project Manager:
Working alongside the Director to plan, organize and create features for the website
- Manage the IT Team (4 developers, 1 web designer)
- Design and assign tasks and priorities to team members
- Evaluate, test and provide feedback to developers
- Mentor and train employees
- Recruitment and selection of team members
- Implementing, testing and publishing features on the website which is hosted on a Linux server
- Working with various stakeholders to improve the website and create new components
Technologies involved: PHP, MySQL, HTML/CSS, jQuery, VPS Linux Server, SVN, Facebook API, Twitter API, Google+ integration, Twilio, Sencha Touch (for mobile) From March 2011 to December 2011 (10 months) Orange County, California AreaDeveloper - Business Operations - Applications Data & Reporting @ Reported to the Manager Operations of SAP MCLA.
- Create sales performance dashboards and reports using Business Intelligence (BI) tools and BI technologies, which can be accessible by different platforms such as the iPad, iPhone or common internet browsers.
- Created the iPad application for the keynote used by the VP of SAP Business Objects for the Latin American sales conference in Sao Pablo, Brazil.
Technologies involved: PHP, Sybase, BI Analytics Tools, Windows Server, SQL Server, HTML 5, CSS 3, jQuery From October 2010 to February 2011 (5 months) Functional Analyst, PHP Lead Developer and Facebook Application Developer @ PHP Lead Developer and Facebook Application Developer:
- Created the Facebook game Prodebook (www.facebook.com/prodebook) +10k users
- Worked with the Directors to plan and develop the features for the Facebook game.
- Integrate the java backend application with the customer interface using PHP, XHTML, FBJS and Facebook API within Prodebook.
- Write user and test cases for various projects
- Design and create UML models
- Make recommendations to Directors in regards to Web 2.0 projects
- Market research and business analytics
Technologies involved: Java (server side application), PHP (bridge between the backend and front end), MySQL, Facebook canvas application, FBML, FBJS, HTML/CSS From November 2008 to October 2010 (2 years) Web Developer @ - Developed and maintained the e-commerce website for the company with the ability to buy products online
- Developed from scratch and maintained an online application to administer and keep track of sales, product stocks, suppliers and payments.
Technology involved: PHP, MySQL, HTML / CSS, jQuery From December 2006 to October 2008 (1 year 11 months)