Bachelor of Technology (BTech), Communication Design @
New York City College of Technology
A few years ago, I came across a book called Mobile First by Luke Wroblewski. In this book he writes about designing around technical constraints and the needs of
A few years ago, I came across a book called Mobile First by Luke Wroblewski. In this book he writes about designing around technical constraints and the needs of mobile users. This sparked my interest in learning about User Centered Design, eventually leading me to pursue a career as a User Experience Designer.
I strive to create intuitive user experiences from conception to implementation, while constantly challenging myself by learning new skills and technologies in user interface design and front-end development.
User Experience Designer @ From October 2015 to Present (3 months) UX Designer @ • Sketching, concept creation, wireframing, sitemap production, user flows, wrireflows, user interface design, interaction design.
• Work with user research teams to plan usability testing sessions and deliver artifacts for testing.
• Execute work consistent with design and brand standards, analytics insight, customer feedback.
• Provide design solutions based on user insight, analytics, best practice, competitor analysis.
• Well versed in Information Architecture practices across UX and the ability to take wireframes through to well crafted visual designs with supporting annotations.
• Experience conducting contextual/ethnographical study, remote study (online), card sorting, screener surveys, A/B testing.
• Develop prototype designs using InVision and/or HTML/Motion graphics.
• Expert in Keynote or similar tools for crafting presentations for presentation up to board level communicating ideas through visual design, prototypes and motion graphics. From August 2015 to Present (5 months) UX/UI Design Consultant @ Charity Miles is an iPhone/Android app that enables people to earn money for charity when they walk, run or bike. The money comes from corporate sponsors who pay to advertise in the app. The user is essentially sponsored for their activity, with the earnings going to their charity of choice.
Our team was tasked with redesigning the app to make it easier to understand and create a memorable experience that keeps existing members using the app daily.
• Conduct user research, competitive analysis, user flows.
• Synthesize research, affinity map user data, create user personas.
• Design studio, paper prototyping, low fidelity wireframes.
• Conduct usability tests, reiterate design based on user feedback.
• Produce high fidelity mockups, create interactive prototype using InVision. From July 2015 to August 2015 (2 months) Specialist @ • Deliver world class customer service through professionalism and product knowledge.
• Design and deliver solutions-based sales demos and presentations.
• Maintain the store in accordance with Apple visual standards.
• Use my language skills to better assist Spanish and Portuguese speaking customers.
• Submit weekly results of Quarter to Date Metrics to my team.
• Stay up to date with the company’s rapid growth in the Technology market.
• Recognize my peers for their hard work and set them up for success.
• Be a technical resource to every member of the team.
• Support the Family Room during peak hours by taking mobile sessions.
• Use creativity to inspire and innovate. From November 2011 to June 2015 (3 years 8 months) Freelance Graphic and Web Designer @ • Work with clients to design print/digital album artwork, business cards, promotional material for various types of events, and social media advertising campaigns.
• Create designs that meet latest web standards, focusing on usability, navigation, and load times.
• Develop and maintain the front end functionality of websites.
• Graphic Designer for Fly Guys Promotions.
• Web Designer and Developer for Lift NYC.
• Graphic Designer for Amanda Lynn Kim Photography.
• Graphic Designer for Edgard Belefanti.
• Web Developer for Robert Hebert.
• Graphic Designer for Katie Linendoll. From June 2010 to June 2015 (5 years 1 month) Web Design Intern @ • Design high fidelity mockups of mobile website using Photoshop.
• Create responsive responsive wireframes using Foundation, and SASS.
• Attend meetings to research the competition, discuss design strategy, and website redesign.
• Participate in daily morning calls regarding financial news to publish on the website.
• Learn how to use Google Pay-Per-Click Advertising and Taboola to generate revenue for the website.
• Use Google Analytics to gain a better understanding of user behavior, demographics, and target audience. From October 2014 to December 2014 (3 months)
Certificate, User Experience Design @ General Assembly From 2015 to 2015 Bachelor of Technology (BTech), Communication Design @ New York City College of Technology From 2007 to 2015 Fernando Dorado is skilled in: User Research, UI Design, Card Sorting, Rapid Prototyping, Wireframes, Research, Usability Testing, User Flows, Personas, Typography, InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Social Media, Creative Direction