Senior Medical Science Liaison with proven track record of highly visible and successful life sciences oriented research projects. Vastly flexible with the capability to apply skills in the hematology and oncology arena. Solid experience in many facets of program development including: market research, conceptualization, recruitment, product development, and instructional writing. Substantial scientific background coupled with entrepreneurial/business experience
Senior Medical Science Liaison with proven track record of highly visible and successful life sciences oriented research projects. Vastly flexible with the capability to apply skills in the hematology and oncology arena. Solid experience in many facets of program development including: market research, conceptualization, recruitment, product development, and instructional writing. Substantial scientific background coupled with entrepreneurial/business experience offers the aptitude to efficiently serve as a medium between medical and business sectors.
Specialties: MSL Experience: Oncology, Hematology, Stem Cell Transplant, Solid Organ Transplant
Medical Lead: medical plan development, strategy, tactics, IST review, budgets
Trainer: field medical training, commercial training, slide deck development, new hire
Life Sciences: Pharmacology, Cell Biology, Molecular biology, Immunology, Protein Biochemistry, Allergic and Inflammatory Diseases, Pulmonary, Neurology
Business and Management: Health Sector Management, Change Management, Operations Management, Program Implementation, Recruitment, Emotional Intelligence
Senior Medical Science Liaison Oncology, US Medical Lead Elitek @ Sanofi is 30.4B euro global pharmaceutical company that develops prescription products and vaccines. Genzyme (acquired by Sanofi Oncology in 2011)
Senior Medical Science Liaison (Aug 2015-present), MSL (Nov 2010-Aug 2015)
• Specialized in Oncology and Hematology products which include Jevtana (Cabazitaxel), Clolar (clofarabine), Mozobil (plerixafor), Thymoglobulin (rabbit anti-thymocyte globulin), Elitek (rasburicase), and Leukine (GM-CSF).
• Oversaw the major academic medical centers and community hospitals in Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, Wisconsin.
• Developed collaborative relationships with key opinion leaders (global, national, regional thought leaders); and managed 10-15 medical institutions strategic for oncology drug development.
• Monitor investigators in clinical study development, funding, accrual, completion and timely publication.
• Managed the completion of 5 ISTs focused on leukemia and lymphoma, which led to the publication of 7 abstracts and submission/acceptance of 5 manuscripts.
• Provided medical education and product education training for healthcare professionals at Investigator meetings, Advisory boards, Nursing In-service.
US Medical Lead (field based Medical director role) for Elitek (rasburicase) (May 2015-present)
• Responsible for development of strategy and tactics for Elitek in the US.
• Manage the US budget for Elitek for clinical and non-clinical.
• Chair IST review committee and review/approve IST proposals.
• Plan and lead advisory boards.
Oncology Training Lead (May 2014-present)
• Lead the training task force to coordinate the onboarding of new hire MSL.
• Collaborate with Scientific Director to develop training materials for field medical team and creating curriculum for MSL new product training and continuous learning.
North America Medical Affairs Scientific Intelligence Task Force/ Oncology SCI TF
• Coordinate field scientific intelligence across all therapeutic divisions in Sanofi North America Medical Affairs. From November 2010 to Present (5 years 2 months) Scientific Advisor and Investor @ Heartland Angels, Inc. is a private equity network that brings together accredited investors with early stage start-up companies looking for equity and investments.
•Life Sciences Corporate advisor.
•Provided scientific assessment on over 30 technology startup companies (specializing in pharma, medical devices and biotechnology) on a voluntary basis to help Heartland Angels, Inc. evaluate investment potential.
•Evaluation Team Leader- Lead team of sector specialists (MDs, PhDs, MBAs) in the analysis of selected early stage companies. Coordinated initial due diligence and critiqued on company's key strengths and weaknesses of supportive data, milestones, IP, management team, marketing and sales plan, valuation and exit strategy.
•Consulting Servies Committee, Investment Screening Committee, Strategic Partnership and Alliance Committee. From October 2010 to Present (5 years 3 months) Instructor/Moderator in Emotional Intelligence @ The Liautaud Institute uses ISO to increase social behavior habits. PEI and PdEI are the only graduate programs clinically proven to increase Emotional Intelligence.
Taught a MBA/Masters/PhD graduate level course in Emotional Intelligence at the University of Illinois at Chicago. Taught the process and protocol for increasing emotional intelligence. Helped students develop their self awareness, self management, social awareness and relationship management.
Emotional intelligence training leads to higher productivity, increased performance, greater flexibility to handle change, and increased ability to form strong interpersonal relationships. From January 2013 to June 2013 (6 months) Pulmonary and Critical Care Postdoctoral Fellow @ Research on TGF-beta and G protein coupled receptor pathways with a focus on T cell signaling and the pathogenesis and therapy of allergic and inflammatory diseases.
Skills: immunological studies, Lymphocyte analysis, flow cytometry, pharmacological studies, real time PCR, genotyping, molecular biology, cell signaling pathways, protein-protein interaction, siRNA, shRNA, knockout mouse, animal drug studies, immunohistochemistry, immunofluorescence, scientific writing.
•Collaborated with a team of immunologists and cell biologists to investigate the molecular mechanisms underlying T cell development and inflammatory responses.
•Identified novel interaction between Regulator of G protein Signaling 3 (RGS3) and SMAD transcription factors, and characterized its regulation of TGF-beta signaling using a cell model system.
•Assessed the physiological role of RGS3 in fibroblasts and B and T lymphocytes using lentiviral mediated shRNA gene knockdown and RGS3 knockout mouse model system.
•Supervised and lead group of Ph.D and M.D./Ph.D graduate students in pulmonary research.
•Successfully wrote and edited federal and private grants, fellowships, protocols, and scientific manuscripts.
American Heart Association Postdoctoral Fellowship, $95,224 (2008-2010)
NIH National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute Postdoctoral Training Grant, $82,000 (2006-2008)
Molecular Pharmacology Postdoctoral Scientist Award at Experimental Biology Meeting From September 2006 to November 2010 (4 years 3 months) PhD candidate in Pharmacology @ Research on G protein coupled receptor signaling with focus on the Rho pathway and implications for cancer, neurological and thrombotic diseases.
•Skills: protein biochemistry, protein purification, virus preparation, molecular biology and cloning, gene knockdown, neurological behavior analysis, cell culture, FPLC, pharmacological studies, scientific writing.
•Identified novel RGS-RhoGEF gene and collaborated with pharmacologists to characterize its role in the nervous system of C. elegans.
•Successfully developed from concept a novel recombinant chimera protein of Galpha12, generated baculovirus, expressed and purified over five fold protein yield, and utilized protein to make active
complexes with RGS-RhoGEF effectors for in vitro biochemical studies.
•Using this expressed protein, we successfully characterized a previously unknown crystal structure of activated Galpha12 through a collaboration with a pharmacology group at University of Michigan.
•Project management of rotation students, trained junior Ph.D graduate students in pharmacology research.
NIH Lung and Vascular Biology Predoctoral Training Grant, $54,000 (2001-2004)
University of Illinois Chancellor’s Student Service and Leadership Award
University of Illinois at Chicago Provost Award for Graduate Research
Albert and Doris Woeltjen Student Achievement Award in Pharmacology From August 2000 to September 2006 (6 years 2 months) Research Assistant in Neurology @ • Conducted clinical research on multiple sclerosis.
• Investigated effects of Type I interferons on interleukin-10 production in activated monocytes and T cells and their implications in multiple sclerosis.
• Collaborated with clinical staff in the analysis of blood work of patients undergoing immunotherapy and clinical trials of novel multiple sclerosis drugs. From June 1999 to August 2000 (1 year 3 months) Education Assistant @ • Assisted in the management of 35 client sites while serving as the lead technical consultant.
• Served as a key developer of several science teacher instructional manuals.
• Instructed over 40 high school teachers at multiple science teacher workshops.
• Accelerated the completion time of two science modules via assisting development teams in product research, experimental development, and writing of instructional protocols.
• Represented the Museum of Science & Industry at science educator conferences and recruited new clients.
• Managed team of volunteers and coordinated special events for over 300 participants. From August 1997 to August 2000 (3 years 1 month)
MBA, Concentrations: Health Sector Management, Change Management, Strategy, Exectution and Valuation @ DePaul University - Charles H. Kellstadt Graduate School of Business From 2011 to 2015 Graduate Certificate, Emotional Intelligence @ The Liautaud InstituteTwo Year Graduate Certificate, Emotional Intelligence @ University of Illinois at Chciago, Liautaud Graduate School of BusinesPostdoctoral Fellowship, Pulmonary and Critical Care @ University of Chicago From 2006 to 2010 PhD, Pharmacology @ University of Illinois at Chicago From 2000 to 2006 BA, Biology, Neuroscience @ The University of Chicago From 1996 to 2000 Douglas MBA is skilled in: Molecular Biology, Immunology, Cell Biology, Life Sciences, Pharmacology, Biochemistry, Research, Neurology, Program Implementation, Cancer, Cell, Oncology, Cell Culture, Western Blotting, Biotechnology
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension