MBA, Operations Management @
American InterContinental University
Lean manufacturing engineer and certified project manager professional (PMP) with over 10 years of experience in multinational companies. Strong commitment in fulfilling the highest quality standards, with experience in the most demanding industries such as automotive and safety. Recognized for exceeding expectations in every position. Passionate and energetic Six Sigma leader skilled in developing and driving teams
Lean manufacturing engineer and certified project manager professional (PMP) with over 10 years of experience in multinational companies. Strong commitment in fulfilling the highest quality standards, with experience in the most demanding industries such as automotive and safety. Recognized for exceeding expectations in every position. Passionate and energetic Six Sigma leader skilled in developing and driving teams to deliver operational excellence.
- Six Sigma Black Belt
- Continuous Improvement
- Project Management Professional
- Lean Manufacturing
- Quality and Operations Management
Specialties: Lean six sigma, manufacturing, project management, continuous improvement, quality.
Quality and Continuous Improvement Manager @ Lead Quality and Continuous Improvement activities and training through North Dallas facilities. From May 2015 to Present (8 months) Dallas/Fort Worth AreaManager - Project Management & Contracts @ Responsible for Project Management group for Pressure Products/Marine and Contracts. Part of continuous improvement teams as part of our 4DX Program.
Directly responsible for Product Group Gross Margins and Revenue. From February 2014 to May 2015 (1 year 4 months) Dallas/Fort Worth AreaProject Manager @ Project Manager for the pressure vessels product line. Team leader within the pressure products Project Management team responsible of OT delivery and revenue recognition. From March 2012 to February 2014 (2 years) Dallas/Fort Worth AreaACE (Lean/Continuous Improvement) Client Manager @ Responsible for ACE deployment in the Americas, Latin America, Australia & New Zealand. From September 2011 to December 2011 (4 months) Project Manager / Lean (ACE) Coordinator @ Managing complex projects for the oil and gas industry with customers in USA, Middle East, Asia and China. Responsible of managing the lean journey of the business unit.
• Personal OTD of >95% among projects managed
• Improvement of original estimated profit margins
• Value Engineering savings over the estimate in 2010
• Manage over 10 million dollars in more than 10 projects at the same time From March 2010 to September 2011 (1 year 7 months) Lean Engineer / Improvement Team @ Member of a team with the assignment of reducing scrap, improving quality and increasing production rates of fire extinguishers.
• Reduction in production scrap by 9%
• Elimination of over pressure defect in fire extinguisher cylinders
• Re-layout of production lines improving throughput from 180k cylinders a week to 250k
• Overall production savings > $250k per year
• Leading several ACE events to achieve over 25% salaried employees at Associate level From July 2008 to March 2009 (9 months) Brownsville, Texas AreaProject Manager R&D @ Managing one of the most important projects of the company through the passport process. Reporting of Value Engineering results and initiatives to UTC Corporate.
• Taking product development to passport 3 From February 2008 to July 2008 (6 months) Manufacturing Engineer @ Responsible of knowledge transfer from Dallas to Monterrey Mexico in the mechanical assembly, electrical assembly, paint and wiring operations.
• Transferred manufacturing operations from USA to Mexico
• Successfully ramped up to full operations in 1 month
• Production savings of more than $60k per year in flame scanners production in one year
• Active participation as an ACE pilot to achieve ACE Bronze level From December 2006 to February 2008 (1 year 3 months) Monterrey Area, MexicoManufacturing Engineer @ Responsible of implementation of manufacturing lines of new products in the cylinder heads department. Dealing with customers such as Ford, GM, Chrysler, etc.
• Launch of operations of a new machining plant for cylinder motor heads
• Implementation of machining line of new product with used equipment From 2005 to 2006 (1 year) Monterrey Area, Mexico
Master, Lean Six Sigma @ Villanova University From 2009 to 2010 MBA, Operations Management @ American InterContinental University From 2008 to 2009 Masters, Manufacturing @ Tecnológico de Monterrey From 2004 to 2005 Bachelor, Mechatronics @ Tecnológico de Monterrey From 1999 to 2004 Certificate, Manufacturing Systems @ ITESM CampusCertificate, Electronics Manufacturing @ ITESM Campus David Villasenor, PMP, MBA, SSBB is skilled in: Six Sigma, DMAIC, Continuous Improvement, Project Manager, Team Leadership, Leading Change, Project Management Professional, Lean Manufacturing, PMP, Product Development, Operations Management, Manufacturing, Root Cause Analysis, Leadership, Engineering
Looking for a different
David Villasenor, PMP, MBA, SSBB?
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension