Highly driven sales and marketing executive with over 20 years of demonstrated success in the consumer electronics, kitchen and bath products, decorative hardware and fluid control valve industries. Extensive experience developing and growing global businesses that range from plastic injection molding, contract manufacturing, industrial coatings, decorative and functional surface finishing and water management and conservation in sanitary
Highly driven sales and marketing executive with over 20 years of demonstrated success in the consumer electronics, kitchen and bath products, decorative hardware and fluid control valve industries. Extensive experience developing and growing global businesses that range from plastic injection molding, contract manufacturing, industrial coatings, decorative and functional surface finishing and water management and conservation in sanitary ware. Specialist in driving aggressive top line growth at start-ups, turn-arounds and re-tools all over the world. Effectively executed leadership roles in sales, marketing and business development for several global category leading multi-national companies. Particularly effective at creating and driving winning sales teams through inspirational leadership and accountability management. I am very familiar with European, Asian and Latin American business culture and practices where I have consistently driven top line growth for my employers. A history of success spanning over two decades has positioned me to continue my winning record of growing the top line year-over-year.
Specialties: Sales and Marketing management, executive leadership, start-up's and turn-arounds, market research and analysis, pricing strategy and policy, contract negotiation, distribution agreements, brand and category management, P&L/budgeting, staff development, hiring and recruiting, new product development, product and service bundling and vertical market entry.
Director of Sales @ From January 2015 to Present (11 months) Vice President of Sales and Marketing @ At Inhance Technologies we specialize in making the seemingly impossible possible. Our unique, proven technologies transform conventional plastics into high-performance materials. If it's made with plastic, we can help you make it even better.
We believe that success begins with communication and collaboration. Our team of scientists and engineers works with product designers, engineers, and brand managers to create innovative solutions that improve product performance and deliver exceptional results.
Inhance Technologies' nationwide presence helps us to serve you efficiently across the entire United States. We're headquartered in Houston, Texas and have facilities in many of the country's major metropolitan areas, with additional locations slated to open shortly.
Come to us with your toughest design and fabrication challenges. Working together, we'll create the perfect solution -- one that will help you deliver the products your customers need and take advantage of new business opportunities.
Surface Modifications, Barrier Technology, Performance Additives, Fluorine Generation From September 2012 to February 2014 (1 year 6 months) Vice President, Global OEM Sales @ Global leader in the design, manufacture and sale of fill/flush valves, supply lines and other relevant plumbing products for the sanitary ware and kitchen and bath industry.
- Developed new market for Fluidmaster OEM products and services in Latin America resulting in top line increase of over 200% in the region.
- Established sales presence in European market based in the UK resulting in a 40% increase in sales to that region.
- Expanded presence in premium market by over 30% through implementation of Fluidmaster OEM “Only the Best Inside” and OEM “Pro Series” sub branding initiatives
- Through long-term contract, secured over 90% of American Standard branded toilet trim in the US/Latin America.
- Exclusive supplier of inlet valves for Kohler and Kohler/Sterling branded toilets.
- Developed contractual agreement with Penguin Toilets LLC, to provide Fluidmaster “Only The Best Inside” products for exclusive distribution in Penguin Toilets at Lowes. From December 2007 to February 2012 (4 years 3 months) Director of Sales @ JMI, Ltd. designs, manufactures, sells and globally distributes components and products primarily for the Kitchen & Bath decorative hardware and fashion plumbing industry. JMI’s global footprint includes headquarters in Hong Kong with five low-cost production facilities located in southern China and sales, marketing and distribution functions regionally located to serve its global customer base.
- Solely accountable for JMI (USA), Inc. Kitchen and Bath Products Division Sales for N. American market.
- Increased gross revenue in N. America region from $24M to $71M in less than 4 years.
- Implemented a sales force automation system resulting in 30% reduction in new sales acquisition lead-time.
- Established strategic plan for U.S. based OEM business resulting in 60% increase in new customers with an increase in gross margins of over 15%. From January 2004 to December 2007 (4 years) Director, New Business Development @ Global provider of decorative plastic injection molded components/assemblies whose main
customers are market leaders in the consumer goods, mobile electronics, automotive electronics and healthcare industries such as Apple, Microsoft, Toshiba, Motorola and Nokia.
- Created US based technical sales team for servicing consumer electronics OEM customers “in market”, resulting in a top line increase of over 50% and a gross margin increase of over 20% in 24 months.
- Secured new major wireless handset OEM customers through direct C-level negotiations yielding over $30MM in new program awards in excess of 40% gross margin.
- Developed “buyer-based” selling process resulting in a decrease in the sell in cycle of 4 months and a reduction in average cost of sales of over 20%. From January 2002 to January 2004 (2 years 1 month) Vice President of Sales @ Cybershield is a leader in design and manufacture of metallized plastic injection molded components/assemblies to consumer, medical
and automotive electronic OEM/ODM, EMS companies and US military contractors:
- Over a five year period, tripled annual revenues to over $50M/year through securing new customer accounts and
increasing market share from existing house accounts.
- Defined and implemented new export sales channel initiative resulting in annualized new sales to OEM customers
in South/Central America and Asia Pacific of over $20M USD.
- Created formal merit review process for staff of eight resulting in an 80% improvement in employee retention..
- Improved customer retention by over 40% in 36 months by re-aligning sales territories, account and product mix. From January 1998 to January 2002 (4 years 1 month) Director of Sales/Sales Manager/Senior Account Executive @ Increased target mobile telecom market share to >70% within four years.
-Secured/managed global mobile telecom OEM customers (Nokia, Samsung, Motorola, Sony/Ericsson, Mitsubishi,
Siemens and Qualcomm/Kyocera).
- Researched, procured and implemented a web-based CRM system for managing critical activities for key accounts. From August 1993 to January 1998 (4 years 6 months)
Executive Management Development Program Certificate, "Managing managers: leadership, change and renewal" 1 week on-campus immersion training @ Southern Methodist University - Cox School of Business From 2000 to 2000 BBA, Business management/minor in Economics @ The University of Texas at Arlington From 1988 to 1993 David Hutton is skilled in: Leadership, Staff Development, Distribution Strategies, Product Development, Pricing Strategy, Channel, Income Statement, Cross-functional Team Leadership, New Business Development, Start-ups, Turn Around Management, Team Building, Team Leadership, Lead A Team, OEM contracts
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension