Topic Expert (Metals and Mining) @ The Boston Consulting Group
CITIC Pacific Mining Management Pty Ltd @
Business Development Advisor @ CITIC Pacific Mining
Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia
Topic Expert (Metals and Mining) @ Darrell Lim joined BCG’s Singapore office in 2012, having previously worked in Perth, Western Australia for the last 10 years, with 4 of the most recent years with the world's largest magnetite iron ore project. He leads BCG's global Mining Specialist Team based in Singapore, partnering with consulting teams and Topic
Topic Expert (Metals and Mining) @ Darrell Lim joined BCG’s Singapore office in 2012, having previously worked in Perth, Western Australia for the last 10 years, with 4 of the most recent years with the world's largest magnetite iron ore project. He leads BCG's global Mining Specialist Team based in Singapore, partnering with consulting teams and Topic Leaders in cases as a subject matter expert in delivering tailored content and expertise. Darrell is a member of the global metals and mining leadership team at BCG.
Commodity focus: Iron ore
Topic focus: Large CAPEX projects
• Expert advisor to mining case teams, recent project experience includes:
- Risk profiling strategy and execution of mining project for a global steel manufacturer
- Operational improvement strategy for a Chinese investment SOE
- Water Industrial Market Strategy for a European water utility and energy services group
- Develop and evaluate natural resource strategy for an Asian electric utility From 2012 to Present (3 years) SingaporeInternational Trade Department - Established department in 2010 @ I established CITIC Pacific Mining's International Trade Department in 2010 primarily to conduct, negotiate and facilitate the sale of iron ore. The department had 4 main functions:
•Sales and Marketing – Iron Ore (projected annual revenue at full production circa ~USD$4.5 bn)
•Global Procurement and Sourcing (currently overseeing 35 sourcing packages, circa USD$84m contract value)
• International and Australian domestic trade compliance
• Trade Logistics and commodity trade flow From May 2010 to February 2012 (1 year 10 months) Perth, AustraliaOffice of the Chairman @ A position of trust and confidentiality, this role encompassed broad responsibilities; I was selected by the Executive Chairman to establish his office and appointed to this newly-created position when the Executive Chairman assumed office in the Australian Operations from CITIC China in October 2009.
Executive management and Corporate Strategy
• Part of the Exco and Management Teams.
• Preparation of advisory and briefing notes for the Executive Chairman for strategy and decision making purposes.
• Engaging Heads of Departments and communicating organisation’s short- to long- term strategic issues.
• Special projects involvement
Investor relations and Corporate Communications
• Preparation of investor briefing and full Board presentations.
• Extensive liaison with Group Company Secretary and Director Investor Relations in Hong Kong head office for stock market disclosures, investor briefings and full year annual profit announcement.
•Reviewed and recommended revisions to Public Position Paper as part of investor communication plan
•Drafted corporate announcements in conjunction with Australian Public Affairs Team, issuing announcements on behalf of Executive Chairman.
Executive level communication and relationship management
• Engage Senior Government Officials - the Chinese Ambassador to Australia, Consular General of China to Australia, Premier of Western Australia, Minster for Mines and Petroleum. From October 2009 to May 2010 (8 months) Perth, AustraliaBusiness Development Advisor @ From July 2008 to October 2009 (1 year 4 months) Senior Consultant @ From 2005 to 2008 (3 years) Tax Analyst @ From 2005 to 2005 (less than a year)
Lean Six Sigma Green Belt @ Motorola University From 2010 to 2010 Chartered Accountants Program @ Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia From 2004 to 2006 Bachelor of Commerce, Accounting, Finance and E-commerce @ The University of Western Australia From 2000 to 2003 Darrell Lim is skilled in: Supply Chain, Continuous Improvement, ERP, Joint Ventures, Management Consulting, New Business Development, Business Development, Management, Mining, Procurement, Business Process Improvement, Contract Management, Contract Negotiation, CRM, Business Strategy
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension