Principal Engineer, System design & Strategy development @ T-Mobile
Software development engineer @ Microsoft
Senior Software Engineer @ Motorola
Ph.D, Electrical Engineering @
Florida International University
A proven engineering / product management leader with a solid and comprehensive industry experiences cross T-Mobile, Microsoft, Motorola and NEC Research Lab in mobile and networking areas. Strong technical skills paired with a keen business sense and strong ability for innovations. Outstanding team leader adopting a diverse mix of technology, industry experience and management skills to effectively
A proven engineering / product management leader with a solid and comprehensive industry experiences cross T-Mobile, Microsoft, Motorola and NEC Research Lab in mobile and networking areas. Strong technical skills paired with a keen business sense and strong ability for innovations. Outstanding team leader adopting a diverse mix of technology, industry experience and management skills to effectively grow the business in fast paced environments.
• Over ten years R&D and industrial experiences in cutting-edge technologies, including mobile services, mobile applications, mobile backhaul, network standards, telecommunications, carrier Ethernet, cloud computing, and network management.
• Business strategy development, product management and leadership with solid technology strengths and deep understanding in various wireless/mobile technologies and cellular operators products, services, and technology trends.
• Proactive, results-oriented, adaptive and exposed to fast-pace working and cross-team environment, and strong communication skills.
Principal Engineer, System design & Strategy development @ • Lead and design advanced mobile networking technologies: develop national wireless backhaul networks with significant saving on last-mile CAPEX and OPEX, improve end2end transport bandwidth efficiency, quality of service, and networking availability through innovations.
• Lead cross-function teams and create new business models and strategy for national carrier performance measurement and quality assurance. Lead industry standard development on carrier Ethernet reporting framework;
• Conduct comprehensive technical advisory supports for Carrier Management Group across a wide national markets;
• Design new strategy roadmap on company key networking technology development, with significant innovations on wireless networking, mobile computing, and telecommunications. From January 2011 to Present (4 years 10 months) Bellevue, WashingtonSoftware development engineer @ Windows Mobile Service Group, Windows Phone Platform
• Developed Mobile-Push-Notification (MPN) service protocols and implemented key product features on Azure cloud storage, service rolling upgrade, data encryption, traffic load balancing / throttling, and session dictionary optimization.
• Implemented service platform performance monitoring system with automatic testing and reporting.
• Conducted efficient project management, innovations and optimizations through various stages of the product life cycle. From June 2008 to January 2011 (2 years 8 months) Redmond, WASenior Software Engineer @ System design and simulation of WiMAX network, Motorola Advanced Technology
• Research, platform modeling and performance evaluation on novel WiMAX scheduling algorithms
• Invented call admission control algorithm for more efficient resource allocation and packet loss control.
• Implemented multimedia traffic modeling and key performance evaluations;
Kodiak Push-to-Talk service development
• Mobile client application development: designed software engine modules and message exchange schemes for real-time push-to-talk session.
• Implemented design, prototyping, coding in C++, debugging and troubleshooting on Linux-Java platform for component integration and performance evaluations. From August 2006 to May 2008 (1 year 10 months) FloridaResearch Intern @ Research and analysis on the next-generation integrated WiMAX and optical networks
• Research and design a novel QoS architecture for seamless multi-media services in integrated networks. From 2006 to 2006 (less than a year)
Project Management Certificate @ University of Washington From 2011 to 2012 Ph.D, Electrical Engineering @ Florida International University From 2002 to 2006 Electrical Engineering @ Southeast University Chunming Liu is skilled in: Algorithms, Embedded Systems, Android, Digital Signal..., LTE, Software Engineering, C, Debugging, Linux, C++, Software Development, Mobile Devices, Java, TCP/IP, Bluetooth, Windows Phone, Mobile Networking, NS-2, OPNET, Network Modeling, Transport Modelling, Traffic Simulation, Mobile Communications, Microwave, WiFi, CDMA, 4G, IEEE 802.11, OFDM, Wireless, Cellular Communications, Embedded Software, RF, QoS, WiMAX, Telecommunications, Testing, Product Management, Metro Ethernet, Performance Management, Service Assurance
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension