Director, Executive Search @ Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd.
NBCUniversal Media, LLC @
Managing Consultant @ Futurestep, A Korn Ferry Company
Hialeah High School
Talent Strategy and Integration
Managing Consultant @ Carmen Matos serves as a Managing Consultant within Futurestep’s Consumer Practice and supports Diversity initiatives. As a Managing Consultant, Ms. Matos is responsible for developing and managing client relationships, as well as leading the execution and delivery of search mandates From August 2014 to Present (1 year 5 months) Talent Strategy,
Talent Strategy and Integration
Managing Consultant @ Carmen Matos serves as a Managing Consultant within Futurestep’s Consumer Practice and supports Diversity initiatives. As a Managing Consultant, Ms. Matos is responsible for developing and managing client relationships, as well as leading the execution and delivery of search mandates From August 2014 to Present (1 year 5 months) Talent Strategy, Integration and Reporting @ Built greater collaboration across all the Global Talent Acquisition Management & Development teams, with a particular focus on projects that supported our leadership culture and the employee experience. Reported to the Chief Talent Officer. From August 2013 to August 2014 (1 year 1 month) Head of Talent Acquisition, Management and Development LAC @ Responsible for the overall Talent Management and Development for the Latin America and Caribbean (LAC) region. Provide thought leadership around the design, launch and delivery of Talent Management/Succession Planning, Enterprise-wide Performance Management, Employee Engagement and Training.
• Manage Performance Management Process in partnership with HRBPs
• Facilitate talent reviews and performance calibrations
• Coach senior executives on their development
• Partner with HRBPs in assessing development needs for region
• Secured first training budget for region.
• Lead the first management training program in the region
• Started mentoring and development program for high potential employees.
• Review 360s with senior management and high potentials
• Lead training sessions in the region on subjects such as coaching and feedback
• Manage the Global Talent Acquisition team for the LAC region.
• Manage a team of 5 in talent acquisition and talent development
• Serve on Global Multicultural Steering Committee/Diversity From August 2010 to August 2013 (3 years 1 month) Miami/Fort Lauderdale AreaLeader, Talent Acquisition @ Accountable for recruiting all employees in the Latin America and Caribbean (LAC) region, as well as executing special projects for our corporate offices. Talent Acquisition is a global function reporting into corporate (Purchase, NY).
•Increased substantially the performance and reputation of Talent Acquisition’s role in LAC region by strengthening relationships with internal customers and implementing process improvements. Satisfaction surveys have proven strong success in this effort.
•Re-launched employee referral program which has had a 500% increase in employee referrals over the previous year.
• Initiated with the Head of HR for LAC the first Women’s Leadership Business Resource Groups (BRG) in Brazil and Mexico (our two largest offices). Women are the segment within MasterCard’s diversity initiative being focused on globally.
•Represented MasterCard at key diversity events (NSHMBA and NABA)
•Won President’s award for excellence in performance and community involvement for the LAC region. •Working with Latin Network BRG in Corporate Headquarter to promote candidate referrals, as well as internal moves to positions in the region.
•Initiated a process to get hiring managers to respond to Talent Acquisition Satisfaction survey which has doubled response rates From October 2007 to August 2010 (2 years 11 months) Senior Search Associate @ Responsible for executing high level searches from chief executive level to director level for Fortune 1000 companies as well as smaller local companies.
•Through extensive relationship building developed clients in major corporations, universities and not-for-profits.
•Coach one on one, diversity candidates on breaking through barriers and achieving successful corporate roles.
•Represented the Miami Office in KFI’s first Latin American CEO Survey conducting over 25 CEO interviews with heads of Latin American divisions of multinationals based in Miami.
•Served as career coach to high level executives in several Fortune 500 companies as well as to local executives.
•Speaking engagements assisting diversity groups and students on how best to market themselves to achieve greater career competitiveness. From March 2003 to October 2007 (4 years 8 months)
Bachelors, English and Psychology @ Florida International UniversityHialeah High School Carmen Matos is skilled in: Employee Engagement, Talent Acquisition, Applicant Tracking Systems, Workforce Planning, Organizational Effectiveness, Executive Search, Performance Management, Onboarding, Talent Management, College Recruiting, HR Consulting, Financial Services, Succession Planning, Employee Relations, Internet Recruiting
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension