Carissa is energetic and passionate about tapping into her true gift as a Visual Artist, and has created art her entire life. Carissa also has over 10 years experience in management, team leadership, strategy implementation, administration and client services within the hair, beauty and makeup industry and is an accomplished Makeup Artist with over 7 years experience
Carissa is energetic and passionate about tapping into her true gift as a Visual Artist, and has created art her entire life. Carissa also has over 10 years experience in management, team leadership, strategy implementation, administration and client services within the hair, beauty and makeup industry and is an accomplished Makeup Artist with over 7 years experience as a qualified professional with freelance, retail, film, television, wedding, competition, catalogue, photography, creative and fashion show experience.
Business Skills Summary:
- Operations management
- Personalised and intuitive customer service
- Marketing strategy and brand/advertising design and development
- Social media content development and website management
- Event management
- Improvement on procedures (internal and client services)
- Education of team members
- Chief liaison with other businesses,
- POS delivery,
- Business reports, performance tracking reports for staff members,
- Administration, reception, front of house
Artist Skills Summary:
- Acrylic & oil painting, medium mixes, watercolour, inks
- Charcoal, pastels
- Mixed media
- Crafts (beading, weaving, basketry)
- Sculptural materials (clay, fimo, paper-mache)
- Collage and decoupage
- Fabric dyeing, textiles and embroidery
- Picture framing
- Paint finishes and wood staining
Carissa would like to hear from businesses in The Central Coast area and would love the opportunity to share her passion and expertise of the arts, makeup artistry and/or management within your business.
Freelance Visual Artist @ I possess passion, presence, a creative eye and an ability to rise to the challenge.
I am an artist building my platform. Primarily a Painter, currently obsessed with watercolour on paper. I also has extensive experience with acrylic and oil on canvas, drawing, basketry, textiles, mixed media, collage, etching, photography and picture framing. From July 1978 to Present (37 years 6 months) Salon Operations Manager/Front of House Coordinator/Reception/Makeup Artist @ Salon Operations Manager/Front of House Coordinator/Reception and Makeup Artist
Lily Jackson Hair & Make Up in Darlinghurst
January 2012 to present
• Client Services, Reception, Administrative Management, Procedures Management.
• Social Media Management – Website (pages, blog writing/publishing, images), Adwords Express, simple Wordpress Landing Pages, Facebook, Twitter.
• Development & Implementation of new brand of Cosmetics (brief development, primary liaison with graphic designer for branding/logo design delivery and creative input, ordering, launch night host and coordinator).
• Personal Assistant duties to Salon Owner/Director.
• Assisting strategy and design of marketing material.
• Primary facilitator in implementation of marketing material (primary contact with the Graphic Designer).
• Organising and running both the salon team and management meetings.
• Organising in-salon private training sessions for team members. From January 2012 to July 2015 (3 years 7 months) Student @ Certificate IV Small Business Management From September 2015 to 2015 (less than a year) Salon Coordinator/Front of House Staff/Makeup Artist @ Luc Espace is a high-end fast paced AVEDA concept hair salon. From May 2010 to October 2011 (1 year 6 months) Makeup Artist/Retail Sales Specialist @ Aveda Experience Centre's offer customers the Aveda experience, which is the opportunity to try products through a mini-facial, hand treatment, sensory journey, hair styling session and make up application. Aveda is a business with strong ethical values - sustainable sourcing of ingredients, traceability of ingredients, fair trade relationships with suppliers, embracing indigenous cultures and traditional collection and extraction processes, no animal testing and manufacturing with sustainable wind-energy. From February 2008 to May 2011 (3 years 4 months) Freelance Makeup Artist @ Australia/New Zealand Aveda Colour Harmony Award Make Up Artist of the Year - 2009.
Head Make Up Artist – Aveda Colour Harmony Award Entry x 1 – April 2012 – Christie Burgess
Head Make Up Artist – Vogue Runway Shows - September 2011 – Luc Espace
Head Make Up Artist – Mad Men Event – September 2011 – Luc Espace
Freelance Make Up Artist – Model Portfolio Development –May and July 2011 - Frances Dooley
Head Make Up Artist – Aveda Colour Harmony Award Entries x 6 – March 2011 – Sankara
Head Make Up Artist – Aveda Colour Harmony Award Entries x 3 – March 2010 – Sankara
Head Make Up Artist – Aveda Colour Harmony Award Entries x 2 – March 2009 – Sankara
Freelance Make Up Artist – Wedding Party x 5 – December 2009 – Rachael Simpson
Freelance Make Up Artist – Wedding Party x 4 – March 2009 – Rachael Simpson
Head Make Up Artist – Pizutto Autumn/Winter Collection Launch for Rosemount Australian Fashion Week – October 2008 – Suzie Pizutto
Assistant Make Up Artist – Make Me a Supermodel – September 2008 – Martin Bray
Assistant Make Up Artist – Telstra Video-Calling TV Advertisement – August 2008 – Rae Morris
Assistant Make Up Artist – Invasion AFTRS Film Production – August 2008 – Aline Joyce
Assistant Make Up Artist – Bad Bush Feature Film Production – July 2008 – Cameron-Jane Thomas
Head Body Painting Artist – Animal Liberation Anti-Fur Campaign – June 2008 – Nicole Brown
Freelance Make Up Artist – Animal Liberation Photographic Shoot – June 2008 – Nicole Brown From February 2008 to January 2011 (3 years) Sydney, AustraliaManager/Team Leader @ From March 2006 to February 2008 (2 years) Assistant Manager @ From September 2005 to March 2006 (7 months) Manager/Team Leader @ From October 2004 to September 2005 (1 year) Retail Sales Specialist @ From October 2003 to October 2004 (1 year 1 month)
Honours I Performance Studies, Performance Studies, Art History & Theory, Social Anthropology @ University of Sydney From 1998 to 2002 Carissa Buckley is skilled in: Microsoft Office, Management, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Social Media, Creative Writing, WordPress, Photography, Painting (Watercolour, Acrylic, Oil), Administration, Creative Arts, Social Media Marketing, Fashion Blogging, Makeup Artistry, Web Content