Diploma, General Studies @
Central Catholic High School
I have been involved in software development (in one way or another) since 2000 and have spent many of those years in a software engineering role focusing on development. Since 2007 I have been heavily involved in the design aspect of software and architecting software solutions from the top down relying heavily on Agile Development Methodologies and
I have been involved in software development (in one way or another) since 2000 and have spent many of those years in a software engineering role focusing on development. Since 2007 I have been heavily involved in the design aspect of software and architecting software solutions from the top down relying heavily on Agile Development Methodologies and proven N-tier design patterns, but have also been an active coder and contine to be part of implementing features.
I enjoy leading development teams of all sizes to focus on each aspect of the software development lifecycle and to bring them together to form a single unit with the same objectives. I believe I lead by example by staying up to date on technology and the latest patterns and practices in the field of software development and showing an enthusiastic work ethic that I would hope would be contagious to my team.
I like to keep things running smoothly with a focus on quality and time-to-market; however I also feel keeping the morale of the team high is just as important as the skills they bring to the table. I try to bring an energetic, open-door and fun atmosphere to the table so the team can focus on the task at hand without outside distractions getting in the way.
Senior Software Engineer @ * Member of a highly experienced and motivated software architecture/design/development team integrating real-person avatar communications into customers' systems including customer service, health care and many other markets.
* Java and Spring Framework as main development platform
* Heavy use of unit and integration testing through JUnit and Mockito
* Assisting in front-end AngularJS development and refactoring
* Internal process improvement when and where necessary. From March 2015 to Present (8 months) Greater Pittsburgh AreaPrincipal Software Engineer @ · Used Saiku business services with Mondrian OLAP (ROLAP) to develop business intelligence services for cross-product data warehousing. Exposed Mondrian schema via JPA to allow custom measures and dimensions to be added by customers, with reloading of Mondrian and Saiku cache with custom Java updates. Updated Saiku datasource processors and managers to allow for dynamic data sources for multi-tenanted environment with custom Java services, and updated Saiku's datasource processing to be externalized via Spring injection for a more plug-and-play architecture.
· Overhauled internal network discovery tool written in C++ to be called from SaaS service through Java JNI to enable scaling from 50K to over 100K servers in network.
· Introduced the concept of Acceptance Criteria to the ITAM team which enables folks from dev, qa, services and product/project management to understand what the meaning of "done" is on a feature level. Each criteria was translated into an automated test so the feature set could be evaluated for completion at any time.
· Lead a committee of team members to overhaul the unit testing processes and add more of
a focus on Test Driven Development (TDD). Test Driven Development
(TDD) was enforced for all new features moving forward with random audits executed on
features to ensure process was being followed.
· Designed and developed an integration web service using Microsoft WCF technology to
allow our products to integrate and sync data between other third party products and OEM
· Responsible for overall design and architecture of the IT Asset Management and
Software Compliance Manager (SWCM) products.
· SCRUM Master for stand-up meetings for global software engineering team for 2 years.
· Member of team that spearheaded the implementation of the AGILE methodology development
practices to our product team.
· Held a team-leadership role for a global team of software engineers from across the US,
India and other countries. From February 2007 to March 2015 (8 years 2 months) Greater Pittsburgh AreaBUSINESS INTELLEGENCE ARCHITECT DEVELOPER II @ • Project/Development lead for Security Request Process Automation Project. This system automates the way user request access to internal systems. Changed from Word form (email and print) to ASP.NET Web application using internal workflow housed in SQL Server 2000 database.
• Lead programmer for internal Quota Management System. Using ASP.NET and backend Oracle 9x database, created Web interface and business logic to Quota Management process. Users are able to assign/change quota based upon sales/product hierarchy defined within Del Monte Foods, roll quota from one customer level to another, report on current quota within the system and substitute items across a customer to uniquely define what a product means per customer.
• Part of development team updating Del Monte Foods internal Web reporting from data warehouse to real-time BPCS data. Placed ASP.NET Web front end on backend BPCS transactional data to make reporting and ad-hoc querying real-time saving business over 3 man-days per day (customer service group).
• Played major role in developing technical and programming standards for Del Monte Foods’ .NET infrastructure. At the time of hire, Del Monte Foods switching from Cold Fusion infrastructure to pure .NET and was used as professional lead with experience to drive standards creation. Ongoing project as needed. From January 2004 to February 2007 (3 years 2 months) APPLICATIONS/SYSTEMS ANALYST/PROGRAMMER @ · Lead programmer for the Business Continuity Requirements application. This system was used by all of Federated to track the requirements needed for business continuity. In the case of an emergency or total outage, each department would specify how many of which item was needed in a certain timeframe to keep operations up and running.
· Lead programmer for the internal Federated Change Management application. This system was used to track changes to the production environment. This application generated reports for management and spanned multiple databases.
· Lead programmer for custom Content Management system that automates the updating of the corporate intranet. File uploading was used to implement the Content Deployment process for publishing articles. A Web front end user interface was created to automate the process of updating the homepage and expiring articles.
· Major role in developing and implementing a strategy for moving the corporate Intranet from a small, content-based information store to a more interactive, personalized central starting point for entire corporation.
· Monitored corporate intranet, which included administering IIS 5.0, Server Administration, enforcing corporate standards and overall maintenance. From November 2000 to January 2004 (3 years 3 months) INTERNET APPLICATIONS ARCHITECT @ Design, develop and support Web applications utilizing ASP, Visual Basic, ADO, SQL,
XML/XSL, DHTML, FrontPage, Visual Interdev, Allaire HomeSite and Adobe Photoshop.
· Work as a member of the Web Development Team, which is part of the E-Commerce division
of UPMC Health System.
· Performed light server administration for group. From June 2000 to November 2000 (6 months)
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension