Program Manager - Innovation Excellence @ Philips Lighting
Program Manager - Indoor Industry @ Philips Lighting , Professional Luminaires
MSc, Computer Aided Engineering @
At Philips since 1991 , currently at Philips Procurement , as the first Global Cost Master , supporting Design for Excellence Program (DfX) across Philips sectors , to “Build the Best Should-Cost Analysis for Philips Business Decisions”. I review products on design and cost structure , to propose ideas for roadmap of improvements. An extremely exciting role,
At Philips since 1991 , currently at Philips Procurement , as the first Global Cost Master , supporting Design for Excellence Program (DfX) across Philips sectors , to “Build the Best Should-Cost Analysis for Philips Business Decisions”. I review products on design and cost structure , to propose ideas for roadmap of improvements. An extremely exciting role, and the biggest challenge in my career, working across entire Philips organisation, for Total Cost of Ownership from Design to Final Customer.
Earlier roles include :
- Program Manager for Innovation Excellence , to lead cross-sector IT program, across the 4 Philips sectors , being Lighting , Medical Systems , Consumer Lifestyle and Corporate Technologies.
- Program Manager at Professional Luminaires Europe, had introduced LEDs into Industry segment within 12 months, and pioneered simplified low-power LED platforms for Philips Lighting, successfully launching 13 products in 9 months, expanding to global applications.
- Account Manager for 2 factories in Brazil , supported on Glass Processing and Product Design roadmap for Glass Components used in Cathode Ray Tubes for televisions.
- Technical Project Leader for products , starting at product design until mass production ; with several years’ experience in transferring projects from Europe to Asia for production.
- Chair of Philips Global Interactives for 2,5 years, bringing the group to global level , after convincing the Philips CEOs of Brazil, Russia, India and China , in a face-to-face meeting.
- Consumer Product design, product quality, testing and production release , plastic injection moulding , glass pressing , thermal simulations and “should cost analysis”.
- 2 joint patents on Glass Technology, and received prestigious "Cost Innovation Award" in 2005.
- Globally mobile , familiar with several cultures and languages , having lived and worked in Asia, Europe and Latin America.
- Registered Chartered Professional Engineer.
Global Cost Master @ Support the Design for Excellence (DfX) program globally for Philips Procurement, where each project investigates critically selected products through the entire “product lifecycle” process to build a “should cost” model. A DfX Project is usually a 10-12 weeks with multi-disciplinary team, to study the current products, do tear-downs, benchmark competition, invite suppliers for insights and go for supplier visits. In this role, it is critical to be independent and focus on larger goals with “TCO”. The process starts with receiving physical products and product data, several weeks prior to the start of the DfX start, to create preliminary cost models, which would be used to support the ideation process and will be further optimized as “target cost” till the end of the DfX project, and also creating a list of action points for the project team to execute within their own business environment.
Besides supporting DfX projects, other secondary responsibilities include :
• Support various Commodity Teams with cost models for global Supplier Negotiation events ;
• Support various R&D and Procurement Teams with “should cost” of critical components, with aPriori Application, if there are CAD models available, else with Cleansheet Application ;
• Support the Licensing, Roll-out and acted as Helpdesk for Cleansheet Application for Philips ;
• Support Workshops and Trainings on Cost Modeling, using Cleansheet and aPriori ;
• Manage the DfX facilities for Global Cost Master team, DfX workshops and Tear-Downs ; From May 2013 to Present (2 years 6 months) Eindhoven Area, NetherlandsProgram Manager - Innovation Excellence @ Working as Program Manager in Innovation Excellence Value Space , in Porfolio and Program management , across the 4 sectors in Philips , being Lighting , Medical systems , Consumer Lifestyle and Corporate Technologies. From January 2011 to May 2013 (2 years 5 months) Program Manager - Indoor Industry @ Develop roadmap for 3-5 years , lead in technology and platform development for Profesisonal Luminaires for Indoor Industry. From October 2008 to January 2011 (2 years 4 months) Senior Mechanical Engineer @ Supporting the Imaging Group with product design for demos, prototypes on camera, handphone, back lighting and also jig+fixtures for factory ; thermal simulations with Flotherm ; member of Ceramics Commodity Team. From November 2005 to October 2008 (3 years) Senior Mechanical Engineer @ - Product Design of Glass products , typically for television screen (panel), cone (funnel) , neck ; for manufacturability - yield - cost for glass factories and also televisiopn tube factories ;
- Mechanical Design Team leader of Global projects ;
- Project leader of Global projects ;
- Account Manager for Glass factories ;
Received "Innovation Award 2005". From October 1999 to November 2005 (6 years 2 months) Mechanical Engineer @ Product Design of consumer electronics , such as ... television, Audio Hi-Fi, speakers, DVD player etc From January 1990 to October 1999 (9 years 10 months) Research Staff @ Research on using Computer Aided Engineering for Multi-Axes manufacturing of protheses at the National University Hospital in Singapore
Received "Outstanding Paper Award" for "multiaxes machining in 2.5D" in Asia-Pacific Conference on Industrial Automation From January 1988 to January 1990 (2 years 1 month)
Global Executive OneMBA @ Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University From 2015 to 2017 MSc, Computer Aided Engineering @ Coventry University From 1987 to 1989 PgDip, Computer Aided Engineering @ Coventry University From 1986 to 1987 BSc, Mechanical + Production Engineering @ The University of Huddersfield From 1981 to 1986 National Junior College From 1977 to 1979 St. Andrews's School From 1966 to 1977 Aroop Bhattacharjee is skilled in: Product Development, Manufacturing, Product Design, Program Management, Design for Manufacturing, R&D, Lean Manufacturing, Testing, Engineering Management, Cross-functional Team..., Electronics, Six Sigma, Continuous Improvement, Injection Molding, FMEA, Design of Experiments, Engineering, Product Management, Semiconductors, Quality Management, DMAIC, Consumer Electronics, Mechanical Engineering, Automation, Feature Roadmap, Product Architecture, Platform Development, Value Engineering, Feature Analysis, Benchmarking, Computer Aided..., Cost Model Development, Process Improvement, Cost Reduction, Robust Design, 5 Why, Value Creation, Procurement, aPriori, Cleansheet, Perfect ProCalc, Training, Coaching
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension