Bachelor of Engineering (BEng) @
Beijing Language and Culture University
Member Technical Staff (System Analytics) @ From October 2015 to Present (3 months) Software Engineering Intern @ From March 2015 to September 2015 (7 months) Research Assistant @ Our goal was to categorize customers into Hedonic, shopping for fun, and Utilitarian (H/U), task-focused buyers, as we believe accurate categorization benefits both merchant and customers. We proposed to
Member Technical Staff (System Analytics) @ From October 2015 to Present (3 months) Software Engineering Intern @ From March 2015 to September 2015 (7 months) Research Assistant @ Our goal was to categorize customers into Hedonic, shopping for fun, and Utilitarian (H/U), task-focused buyers, as we believe accurate categorization benefits both merchant and customers. We proposed to model the problem as a binary classification problem by taking input from information about customers, products and shopping context.
• Generated structured data by processing Apache raw log using Linux shell commands.
• Preliminary analyzed data using MySQL.
• Built a website for data labeling purpose.
• Performed data labeling via crowd sourcing.
• Designed incentive strategies and studied their eﬀect by analyzing subject’s response.
• Built shopper type classiﬁer by applying various machine learning models (Gradient Boosting Tree, Logistic Regression, Nearest Neighbor). From March 2014 to December 2014 (10 months) Product Development Manager @ Leaded a team to design and implement iOS and Android applications, CRI radio, for radio users to stream radio programs produced by CRI. From March 2013 to September 2013 (7 months) Beijing City, ChinaProject Associate @ Was responsible for establishing web platform, which is the foundation of all online games. The platform includes 1) Game Info Center, 2) Data Statistic Center, and 3) Payment.
1) Game Info Center
2) Data Statistic Center
- Used SQL to extract raw data from Database and developed approaches to convert into
sensitive info like PCU/ACU, ARPU, retention rate, etc.
- Used Java to perform on user-friendly interfaces, enabling to analyze user behaviors like
fraud characteristic, trading pattern etc.
- Used authorized APIs from Paypal, PayByCash, FastCash etc to enable users to make
payments for in-game items.
- Analyzed and summarized fraud pattern, proposed and implemented treatments thus
brought the fraud rate under control and down by 70%.
Was responsible for coordinating game teams through Alpha, Beta, Open Beta and Commercialization. From January 2010 to December 2011 (2 years) Product Development Specialist @ Was responsible for web platform, which is the foundation of all online games. The platform includes 1) Game Info Center, 2) Account security, and 3) forum backend.
1) Game Info center allows users to register accounts, reset password reset, fill detailed info.
2) Account security protects user accounts or properties being stolen.
- Implemented an API for wireless partner to text-message users about unusual activities.
- Generating dynamic passcode for login.
- Established security mechanism by recording IP, MAC address into DB.
3) Forum backend enables Game Masters to interact with frontend users more conveniently and efficiently. From April 2008 to January 2010 (1 year 10 months) Beijing City, ChinaSoftware Engineering Intern @ Designed and implemented "Developer workload tracking system" .
• Used SQL to extract info like software faults, employee workloads, and completion rates,
and displayed them in form of statistical charts. From July 2007 to August 2007 (2 months) Beijing City, China
Master of Science (MS), Technology Information Management @ UC Santa Cruz From 2013 to 2014 Certification, Japanese Studies, A+ @ Beijing language and culture From 2007 to 2008 Bachelor of Engineering (BEng), Computer science and technology @ Beijing Language and Culture University From 2004 to 2008 April Huang is skilled in: Machine Learning, Data Mining, Algorithms, Software Development, Data engineering, R, Java, Python, SQL, Crowdsourcing, Data modeling, Data Analysis, Databases, Requirements Analysis, Software Project Management
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension