An experienced Senior IT Manager combining both strategic and technical skill sets. My recent roles have required strong leadership, effective decision making, strategic planning and budgeting, excellent organisational skills and the ability to influence at all levels both internally and externally. I have a proven track record for delivering and achieving results in a fast paced challenging
An experienced Senior IT Manager combining both strategic and technical skill sets. My recent roles have required strong leadership, effective decision making, strategic planning and budgeting, excellent organisational skills and the ability to influence at all levels both internally and externally. I have a proven track record for delivering and achieving results in a fast paced challenging environment. I have extensive experience in both blue chip and charity sectors. I am a qualified ITIL V3 Expert with recent knowledge of implementing ITIL processes and developing continuous service improvement plans.
Recent Achievements Include:
• ICT programme lead on the implementation of a new Inspection Services contract worth £66m, including delivery of £750,000 of software development, Information security compliance and Service continuity requirements.
• Technical lead on the outsourcing of ICT infrastructure and support for CfBT’s portfolio of UK schools and implementation of a new management information system.
• Re-tendered all telecommunications requirements (data, fixed voice and mobile) as a precursor to major infrastructure improvements, improved business continuity and effective costs savings of £100,000+ per annum.
IT Manager @ From December 2010 to Present (5 years 1 month) Chief Technology Officer @ • Development and implementation of ICT strategy in conjunction with the CIO and in consultation with key stakeholders.
• Creation and maintenance of a three year rolling technical architecture plan.
• Responsible for a team of 28 staff, providing customer focused ICT services within an ITIL framework to 1600+ users across 75 UK and International locations.
• Provision of regular management information and performance reporting to the CIO, ICT Governance Board and service users.
• Management of the ICT services budgets (£2m+ per annum) and ICT recharges. Provide continual identification of areas of potential ICT cost savings across the wider CfBT business.
• Developing and applying commercial disciplines and CfBT’s purchasing and contracting policies in the management of all ICT partners and suppliers.
• Work in partnership with the CIO to direct efficient, consistent and flexible delivery of ICT services that are aligned to the needs of the business and client requirements, and provision of high quality customer service at all times.
• Leading, managing and developing direct reports. Reviewing staff performance to facilitate achievement of team and individual objectives and to maximise contribution within individual areas of expertise.
• Managing client review and feedback processes to identify business improvement opportunities, and overseeing the delivery of improvement projects in conjunction with business project managers and in line with Prince 2 project methodology.
• Contributing to business development opportunities and providing advice where required on new technologies that will support operational delivery of services. From June 2009 to December 2010 (1 year 7 months) Head of ICT Services @ From 2001 to April 2010 (9 years) IT Support Manager @ From December 1995 to December 2000 (5 years 1 month)
BSc, Computer Science @ University of Reading From 1992 to 1995 Andrew Terry is skilled in: ITIL, Business Process Improvement, Project Management, Service Delivery, Leadership, Management, Team Leadership, Telecommunications, Outsourcing, Performance Management, Strategy, Strategic Planning, Business Strategy, Business Development, Program Management
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension