Senior Vice President, Global Human Resources & Facilities Management @ Hess Corporation
Executive Vice President, Administration & Human Resources @ Peabody Energy
SVP Global Human Resources @ Peabody Energy
Bachelor of Arts (BA) @
Global experience impacting business results, driving organizational change and partnering with executive teams and Boards to integrate Human Capital with business strategy. Proven ability to align people, organizations and assets to maximize operational effectiveness and financial performance. Diverse background includes functional leadership supplemented with specialty assignments in Mergers and Acquisitions, Executive Compensation, Organizational Development, Talent Management and
Global experience impacting business results, driving organizational change and partnering with executive teams and Boards to integrate Human Capital with business strategy. Proven ability to align people, organizations and assets to maximize operational effectiveness and financial performance. Diverse background includes functional leadership supplemented with specialty assignments in Mergers and Acquisitions, Executive Compensation, Organizational Development, Talent Management and Shared Resources. Multi-industry work/life experience in the Americas, Europe and Australasia.
Executive Vice President, Administration & Human Resources @ Enterprise accountability for Human Resources, Information Technology, Facilities, Aviation and Security for $7 billion global energy company with 8,300 employees. Interim responsibility for the Legal function during transition period of separating Chief Legal Officer. Redesigned administration functions to support platform-wide expansion via acquisitions and divestitures, C-suite succession, organizational restructure and cultural re-alignment. From April 2014 to Present (1 year 9 months) Greater St. Louis AreaSVP Global Human Resources @ Head of Human Resources with global responsibilities for Talent Management, Total Rewards, Recruitment and Selection, International HR and Organizational Design and Effectiveness.
• Conducted numerous Due Diligence exercises and selected as co-Integration Leader for $5 billion acquisition
• Designed and implemented organizational restructure to drive operational accountability, delegated authorities and improve financial results
• Expanded succession planning process from C-suite to local operational leadership, aligning with business expansion and leadership competencies
• Management of all aspects of executive compensation including support to the Chairman of the Compensation Committee, redesign of equity vehicles, utilization strategy, and shareholder approval for new equity grant From June 2010 to April 2014 (3 years 11 months) Vice President People & Org Support @ RIO TINTO – Montreal, Quebec; Salt Lake City, Utah February 2005 – June 2010
Senior Vice President, People & Organization (Montreal)
Leadership of Americas support organization for $30 billion mining corporation with 70,000 employees. Integration leader for $40 billion acquisition with assets in Americas, Europe, Asia and Australia.
• Team of 8 direct reports, 100 indirect staff, $24 million budget to service 25,000 employees in 6 countries
• Achieved M&A integration synergies in excess of $1 billion
• Appointed Chairman of Canadian corporate subsidiary with 500 employees and CND$60 million budget
• Managed CND$40 million corporate office development project and facilities management
• Implemented SAP global design and transition from PeopleSoft/Oracle From May 2008 to June 2010 (2 years 2 months) Global Vice President Human Resources @ Global Vice President Human Resources (Salt Lake City)
Support of global Exploration, Procurement, Information Systems and Technical Services functions with 3,500 professional staff in 8 countries. Key responsibilities included strategic organizational redesign and creation of infrastructure, systems and processes in alignment with CEO’s globalization initiative.
• Led staff of 25 throughout UK, South Africa, Australia and Americas
• Designed compensation philosophy and re-positioned remuneration packaging to improve market competitiveness
• Implemented Talent Management processes to enhance commercial capabilities, retain critical talent and resource merger & acquisition activity From February 2005 to May 2008 (3 years 4 months) Greater Salt Lake City AreaHead of Human Resources @ Vice President Human Resources
Head of Human Resources for privately held $1.4 billion natural resources company with 4,000 employees in North/South America. Member of revitalized executive team to drive organizational growth, improve operational efficiencies and create business development capabilities.
• Initiated Talent Acquisition, Succession Planning and Management Development to high-grade critical roles
• Crafted Equity vehicle for IPO planning and all aspects of executive compensation with Board of Directors
• Negotiated UMWA, USWA and international collective bargaining agreements From September 2001 to October 2004 (3 years 2 months) Birmingham, Alabama AreaVice President of Human Resources @ Vice President – Human Resources Commercial Development (Houston)
America’s functional leader at $38 billion global natural resources company with 40,000 employees. Regional integration responsibilities in $15 billion merger to create world’s largest metals and mining company. Finalized implementation of Shared Business Services for Americas/Europe and supported new business development activity.
Global Practice Leader HR Shared Business Services (Melbourne)
Architect of the service delivery organization in newly formed Shared Business Services. Designed the strategic framework, product offerings, organizational structure and operating principles.
Vice President & Global Practice Leader (Melbourne)
Southeast Asian responsibility for Petroleum Division operations, global Employability and Rewards Practice teams.
Global Practice Leader – Rewards (Melbourne)
Managed compensation, expatriate and performance management for A$5 billion petroleum division. From February 1997 to September 2001 (4 years 8 months) Director of Human Resources @ Division Human Resource Manager
Division executive for $500 million manufacturer of energy/fiber optic cable and telecommunications systems with 2,500 employees. Fully accountable for all aspects of high-growth sales, manufacturing and technical division with multi-site operations throughout United States and Canada. Implemented Agile Manufacturing Program and led cross functional/country team to reduce product development cycle times by 50%.
Manager - Organization and Human Resource Development
Directed business process improvement, change management and strategic planning activities. Primary support to CEO, Executive Committee and Italian headquarters during extended redeployment of Vice President. From July 1995 to February 1997 (1 year 8 months) HR Director @ Progressed through roles of increasing responsibility in Exxon Corporation (2 year 6 months) and Mobil Oil Corporation (7 years)with operational and headquarter assignments. Notable accomplishments included the implementation of a corporate-wide incentive compensation plan, human resource management at two turn-around facilities and member of strategic re-positioning team to dispose of non-core assets and Human Resource Analyst at Western Division on-shore/off-shore Upstream oil and gas production operations. From July 1986 to October 1995 (9 years 4 months)
Masters of Industrial & Labor Relations, Human Resources @ Cornell University From 1984 to 1986 Bachelor of Arts (BA), Government/Political Science @ Hamilton College From 1979 to 1983 Andrew Slentz is skilled in: Global HR, Talent Management, Succession Planning, Organizational Design, HRIS, Executive Compensation, Talent Acquisition, Performance Management, Mining, Leadership Development, Change Management, HR Strategy, HR Transformation, Compensation, Organizational Development
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension