VP, Head of Human Resources, Europe @ Kite Pharma, Inc.
Strategic Human Resources Business Partner @ Amryt Pharma plc
Global Head of Organisational Development, VP Human Resources, EMEA @ Aegerion Pharmaceuticals
SENIOR HUMAN RESOURCES EXECUTIVE
Excelled in executive HR stategy and leadership roles with 10 years experience at the highest level of shaping the global development of diverse organisations across a number of business sectors. An overall career spanning over 20 years with an outstanding track record of success, professional development, expertise and employee engagement skills covering a
SENIOR HUMAN RESOURCES EXECUTIVE
Excelled in executive HR stategy and leadership roles with 10 years experience at the highest level of shaping the global development of diverse organisations across a number of business sectors. An overall career spanning over 20 years with an outstanding track record of success, professional development, expertise and employee engagement skills covering a whole range of HR disciplines. Acheived Fellowship status for the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development and a Member of British Psychological Society.
CAREER GOALS & ASPIRATIONS
Looking to build upon a highly successful career by seeking a challenging senior human resources executive role for an organisation that requires someone who can exceed stakeholder expectations, improve organisational capabilities and create value-added HR functions capable of ensuring effective employee engagement and delivering high quality HR services. Benefit from someone who really understands the needs, values and culture of organisations to ensure a well-managed business culture, full compliance and best practice in an ever-changing global HR landscape.
Specialties:head of human resources, emea human resources director, vice president human resources, global hr strategy, international hr management, global hr consultancy, international employee relations, hr organisational development, hr employee engagement, mergers and acquisitions, hr business partners, global hr systems, employee reward and recognition, employee outplacement, employment tribunal law, employee works councils, performance management, hr business model, staff development, hr restructuring
Global Head of Organisational Development, VP Human Resources, EMEA @ Responsible for all global Organisational Development activities for a progressive and exciting start up bio tech company. In addition, full responsibility for Human Resources matter across the EMEA region, including:
•Talent acquisition and development.
•Strategy Development, including global OD plan & HR strategy development
•Creation and development of new policies and procedures
•Implementation of Leadership Development programmes including bespoke definition of values and competencies. From November 2012 to Present (3 years) London, United KingdomVice President, Human Resources EMEA @ CAREER PROGRESSION
Headhunted by Celgene from a previous consultancy role and rapidly progressed from Head of Human Resources to Vice President, Human Resources EMEA.
GLOBAL HR LEADERSHIP
Spearheaded the global development of Celgene in 27 countries across Europe and emerging markets to create a thriving, fit for purpose and thriving pharmaceutical company (i.e. grew business from 300 to 1,250 employees).
GLOBAL HR BUSINESS MODEL
Created four new strategic components to deliver better co-ordination, controls and sustainable growth. Restructured and aligned functions to Talent Acquisition, Organisational Development Effectiveness, HR Operations and Senior Business Partners.
FDA COMPLIANCE & APPROVAL
Led organisational initiatives, improvements and measures to gain FDA approval as a cornerstone for driving long-term organisational growth and development. Key milestone in the global development of Celgene - gained important access to new markets.
HR STRATEGY DEVELOPMENT & LEADERSHIP
- Regular meetings with Executive Board on performance, resourcing and strategic issues.
- Developed core values on employee engagement tools and performance management.
- HR Business Partnerships - improved HR service delivery standards and customer focus.
- Optimised employee benefits/compensation packages for retention and recruiting talent.
- Revised all HR policies, procedures and processes to ensure best practice HR functions.
- Leading a team of 40 HR professionals and annual HR budgets of $10 million.
- Developed new specialist functions like commercial, technical and clinical operations.
- Mergers and Acquisitions - advised on all aspects, including legal and TUPE issues.
- HR communications - various company intranet and employee engagement initiatives. From June 2004 to January 2012 (7 years 8 months) Human Resources Director @ EXECUTIVE HR CONSULTANT
Set up a specialist HR consultancy delivering a number of strategic HR projects for modernising and improving public/private organisations to improve performance, effectiveness and adapt to change (defined long-term strategies and frameworks).
* Celegene International - full audit of HR functions to define business needs, priorities and strategic direction. Improved capabilities to create a dynamic forward-thinking organisation.
* Head of HR Strategy for London Borough of Tower Hamlets - Successfully transformed HR functions by delivering a comprehensive HR modernisation strategy drive forward change and create a long-term HR pathway for over 12,000 employees. Included developing a leadership programme, HR frameworks, re-organisation, Investors in People accreditation and outplacement counselling initiatives.
* Deutsche Bank - Designed and implemented a new e-HR system and led intiatives on the outplacement of 200 employees - demonstrated effective outplacement consultancy skills.
* London Borough of Hackney - Led HR management and operations, plus spearheaded HR development programmes relating to diversity awareness, performance management and achieving Investors in People accreditation (i.e. created a people development manual).
* DEFRA - Defined HR Strategy and designed a new HR intranet site. Signed a Concordat Trade Union agreement and introduced assessment centres/psychometric testing tools for senior civil service recruitment.
* Strategic Health Authority (on behalf of Central Government) - Designed, developed and implemented recruitment, development and assessment programmes for all Chief Executives using competency interviews, assessment centres and psychometric profiling. From June 2000 to June 2004 (4 years 1 month) Human Resources Director @ HEAD OF HUMAN RESOURCES - Led a team of HR professionals to drive forward the change agenda for a company with 2,000 employees to become a Sunday Times Top 100 Company (included Investors in People accreditation for certain business areas).
HR BUSINESS MODEL - Changed HR model to facilitate a proactive business partnership approach to servicing HR needs of the organisation (changed HR culture towards providing high quality and responsive HR services to employees).
MERGERS & ACQUISITIONS - Led the full integration of mergers and acquisitions by re-defining policies, processes and procedures as well as harmonising benefits packages and fully managing TUPE / regulatory / legal requirements.
EMPLOYEE ENGAGEMENT - Improved employee communications (i.e. designed and developed Company Intranet site) and introduced a company-wide benefits package. From June 1997 to June 2000 (3 years 1 month) Human Resources Manager @ HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGEMENT - Led all aspects of HR management, staff development, recruitment and Employee Works Council engagement (1,200 employees).
ORGANISATIONAL CHANGE - Adapted changing needs of the organisation to improve performance through re-structuring, renewal and downsizing - made organisation 'leaner, fit for purpose and more responsive'. From June 1992 to June 1997 (5 years 1 month) Human Resources Manager @ HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGEMENT - Led all aspects of HR management, staff development, recruitment and Employee Tribunal representation (2,000 employees).
HR POLICY DEFINITION - Defined HR policies, processes and procedures, plus re-wrote company HR handbook and introduced assessment centre/staff development initiatives. From June 1988 to June 1990 (2 years 1 month) Personnel Consultant and Tribunal advocate @ EMPLOYEE RELATIONS - Provided full guidance, training and advice on employment law issues and conflict resolution for clients - i.e. NSPCC and Trade Unions.
EMPLOYMENT LAW TRAINING - Trained as an Employment Tribunal Advocate. From June 1986 to June 1988 (2 years 1 month)
MA, Law and Employment Relations @ University of Leicester From 1985 to 1989 CIPD, Human Resources @ Coventry University From 1984 to 1986 Alec Swan is skilled in: Psychometric Profiling..., Employment Law, Employee Relations, Employee Engagement, Humand Resources..., HR Business Partnering, Global Human Resources..., HR Strategy Development, Mergers and Acquisitions, Outplacement, Human Resources..., Staff Development and..., Benefits, Rewards and..., Organisational..., Recruitment and..., Talent Management, Recruiting, Organizational..., HR Policies, Personnel Management, Mergers, Human Resources, HR Consulting, Strategy, Leadership, Performance Management, Talent Acquisition, Change Management, Employee Benefits, Training, Interviews
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension