Senior Scala Developer @ Social Media Compliance Ltd
Senior Scala Engineer @ William Hill
Bachelor of Technology, Information Technology and Telecommunications @
University of Limerick
I also did the course in Principles of Reactive Programming in Scala, and completed the coding assignments (with the exception of the final
I also did the course in Principles of Reactive Programming in Scala, and completed the coding assignments (with the exception of the final exercise due to vacation).
I'm currently experimenting with the latest Akka Http Streams APIs in a side project, interacting with APIs such as Soundcloud and Instagram (hopefully more).
I took a year out for travel in 2011 before moving to London. As well as seeing new places, i did some reading and playing with technologies (mostly Scala, Playframework, Android)
Software Developer @ - Member of team that developed Bonus Offer REST Server. Key technologies used include SpringMVC, SpringData, SpringHATEOAS, JPA, Oracle, Hazelcast, JUnit, Mockito, HTTP, REST Level 3/HATEOAS. Cucumber-JVM, Scrum, Jira, Thoughtworks GO.
- Member of team that developed Campaign REST Server. Key technologies used include SpringMVC, SpringData, JPA, JUnit, Mockito, HTTP, REST Level 3/HATEOAS, Scrum, Jira, Thoughtworks GO.
- Participated in Migrating Bonus System projects from ActiveMQ to Solace hardware based messaging system. This involved Java code changes to internal library that provides message publishing and subscription functionality, and also Topic/Queue provisioning on Solace Appliance using the Solace API.
- Took a major role in migrating Bonus System backend Database from MySQL to Oracle, involved changes to Java source code, Hibernate, Spring, SQL, Liquibase configuration, Unit tests, Integration tests, Thoughtworks Go continuous delivery system.
- Member of Bonus System development team developing new Bonus System features.
- Developed and delivered System Event Replay Application for internal use.
- Extended functionality of existing CDR Reader component, carried out performance tuning on this component for customer site deployment.
- Integrated Record Search web UI with Charts.
- Developed KPI Administration web UI and server-side functionality.
- Also maintenance,system test,demo system setup.
- Single Point Entry System Prototype: Designed and implemented a SIS (Betting data) Data Feed processing application. SIS feed reader that uses JSON based packet definitions to parse data and store processed data in a MySQL database.
- Dynamic Sitemap Generator: Generates Sitemap XML files.These are sent to search engines such as Google. Sitemap xml files are generated by crawling the paddypower website and adding entries to the xml file according to a set of regex based inclusion/exclusion rules. The application user can schedule Sitemap generation jobs and add/remove rules using a web based front-end.
- Affiliate Management System: Member of project team that developed Affiliate Registration and Management functionality. Database driven menu system, affiliate statistics generation, invoice generation, various customer & administrator screens.
- Client-side GUI development & Distributed application architecture: Integrated a standalone Java application with an OSS GUI.
- ATM Configuration Management System: Developed server-side components that communicated with Ericsson ATM AXD Nodes.
Technologies: Java, Jython, CORBA, LDAP, XML, Swing, JUnit, Unix, Shell Scripting, Telnet, TCP Sockets, SNMP, UML. From July 2000 to September 2004 (4 years 3 months) Computer Programmer (Co-op Student) @ - Developed Toll-Ticketing Decoder Prototype using Java. GUI for application prototype, used Java Swing. From February 1999 to September 1999 (8 months)
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension