Director of Electrical Manufacturing Services (EMS) @ East West Manufacturing
Project Engineering Manager @ East West Manufacturing
Director of Engineering @ Digital Blue
BS, Electrical Engineering Technology, 3.42/4.0 @
Experienced, highly-motivated & successful engineering team and project management professional with an established track record for on-time delivery of high-volume, technical, electro-mechanical projects. Employs a proactive approach to directing the integration of leading edge technologies into compelling products. Demonstrates strong technical competence in the electronics, mechanical and firmware development disciplines. Leverages a management style focused on revenue
Experienced, highly-motivated & successful engineering team and project management professional with an established track record for on-time delivery of high-volume, technical, electro-mechanical projects. Employs a proactive approach to directing the integration of leading edge technologies into compelling products. Demonstrates strong technical competence in the electronics, mechanical and firmware development disciplines. Leverages a management style focused on revenue & profit generation, efficient use of resources, employee coaching and team development.
• Project and Program Management
• People & Organizational Leadership
• Capital Investment Analysis and Execution
• Corporate and Project Cash Flow Analysis
• Employee Performance Administration
• RFQ, Business Award Cycle Management
• NPI & Production Ramp Manufacturing Processes
• International Design & Manufacture Contracting
• Product Development Life Cycle Execution
• Supply Chain & Procurement Management
• Strong Foundation in Electrical Engineering
• Capable in Mechanical & Firmware Disciplines
Director of Electrical Manufacturing Services (EMS) @ Establish Electrical Manufacturing Services (EMS) as an independent division of a rapidly growing international manufacturing company. Manage the execution of high visibility / high impact customer projects to ensure prompt revenue and profit contribution of this new organization. Recruit, hire and develop engineering and administrative staff in support of growing electrical and electro-mechanical customer base. Engage prospective customers to extol the benefits of East West's unique culture, strategy and growing capabilities in international manufacturing. Oversee incremental capital equipment acquisitions to ensure sufficient EMS production capacity. Research, select and implement new cloud-based IT solutions for project management and controlled documentation approval workflow(s). Serve on corporate executive committee to help steer strategic policy and process decisions. From October 2013 to Present (2 years 3 months) Project Engineering Manager @ Leveraged engineering & project management expertise in electro-mechanical development, NPI and manufacturing to lead customers through the process of launching their products into mass production at corporate and contract manufacturing facilities located throughout Asia. Developed corporate capabilities in electro-mechanical production by training domestic & international colleagues, leading efforts to expand foundation of contract manufacturing partners and engaging customers with leading edge digital, analog and RF product lines.
• Led the company through strategic, business case, documentation, implementation and operation phases of capital investment for an advanced SMT & through-hole electronics manufacturing line installed in our Vietnam facility.
• Managed performance, workload and compensation for incremental engineering employees and contract resources.
• Designed, built and coded PLC systems to automate product testing at corporate manufacturing facilities.
• Managed the 3rd party regulatory and compliance testing process for UL / ETL, RoHS, and CE on behalf of customers.
• Supervised volume production builds at various factories throughout Asia to ensure that reliable & repeatable processes, sound assembly & test procedures and quality inspections are in place to protect the integrity of the finished product.
• Sourced and managed the supply chain for critical product components, balancing cost, lead time and availability. From March 2010 to September 2013 (3 years 7 months) Director of Engineering @ Led a multi-platform development team and had direct management responsibility for all aspects of technical hardware and software development including: firmware, electrical & mechanical engineering, product compliance, quality assurance / integration testing and software engineering. Made key engineering decisions and tradeoffs in terms of resource requirements, product development costs, schedules and product feature feasibility. Identifed and drove improvements in the development process that facilitate speed, accuracy, flexibility and efficiency to positively impact quality, schedules and cost improvements.
• Managed workload, performance and compensation for a multi-level, engineering and quality assurance organization.
• Led inter-disciplinary corporate development meetings to ensure consistent communication of priorities, project definition, status, and weekly goals.
• Created, published and tracked rolling 12-month division operating budgets.
• Interfaced with corporate brand and licensing partners to negotiate product design details that balance cost, schedule and logistical complexity.
• Dynamically allocated division resources in support of rapidly changing company priorities driven by a dynamic retail environment and unexpected economic conditions.
• Sourced and managed external development and quality assurance contractors to provide necessary bandwidth to support project schedules. From July 2008 to November 2009 (1 year 5 months) Cross-Platform Engineering Team Manager @ Managed a diverse, multi-level engineering development organization distributed across domestic and international design centers. Coached & mentored a 14-person team comprised of Master, Specialist & Intermediate level engineers, Senior Program Coordinators, and long-term contract resources. Coordinated international hiring & employee initiation efforts. Revised and maintained internal organizational maturity and development models. Managed hardware development of incremental division design efforts including HP’s first mobile thin client (HP Compaq 6720t).
• Managed division experts in areas including: Safety / Agency / EM Compliance, analog power design, power management & efficiency, audio circuitry & speaker acoustics, advanced graphics controllers, hardware validation plan development & deployment, I/O subsystem architecture, finance & vendor logistics support.
• Administered annual employee compensation & bonus budgets exceeding $1.2M USD.
• Coordinated efforts to overcome common technical development challenges across the division product portfolio by leading recurring division wide technical status reviews & strategically allocating departmental resources.
• Served as consul for the Platform Development Group to internal and external management / marketing / service / supply chain / procurement / development teams seeking information and assistance. From May 2007 to July 2008 (1 year 3 months) Platform Development Manager (Notebooks) @ Concurrently managed all hardware development activities for HP’s first WWAN enabled notebook computer (nc6140) and the division’s most configurable and highest volume platform of 2006 (nc/nx 6310 / 6320). Organized the post-launch manufacturing support and sustaining activities for these products as well as the HP Compaq nc/nx 6110/6120 series notebook computers. Managed a diverse team of electrical engineers and technicians; and indirectly managed HP staff assigned to support development functions for the platform.
• Coordinated the development of commercial notebook platforms by orchestrating the efforts of direct and indirectly managed internal teams, domestic and international suppliers, and outsourced Asian development and manufacturing partners.
• Developed and maintained complex 14-month development schedules and NRE budgets exceeding $1M USD.
• Managed workload, technical skill improvement plans and conducted performance reviews for a 7-member team comprised of 5 electrical engineers, 1 mechanical engineer and 1 contract technician.
• Published & presented weekly program status, schedule and budget updates to senior level management, stakeholders and the internal development community. From January 2005 to May 2007 (2 years 5 months) Electrical Hardware Engineer @ Designed and developed notebook personal computer products for the consumer and commercial market segments. Direct responsibility for key platform subsystems including I/O, graphics, system software support, driver and firmware development. From January 2000 to January 2005 (5 years 1 month) Coop Engineer @ Coop position to fund undergraduate education; alternating semesters; positions is Systems Validation, Systems Engineering and Technical Marketing (Austin, TX and Sunnyvale, CA) From August 1997 to August 1999 (2 years 1 month)
MS, Engineering Management, 4.0/4.0 @ The University of Texas at Austin From 2004 to 2006 BS, Electrical Engineering Technology, 3.42/4.0 @ Purdue University From 1994 to 1999 Adam G. Sanderson is skilled in: Engineering Management, Technical Project Leadership, Manufacturing, Engineering, Electronics, Electrical Engineering, Product Development, Electronics Manufacturing, Electronics Technology, Personnel Management, Consumer Product Development, Programmable Logic, Coaching, Solidworks, Design for Manufacturing
Looking for a different
Adam G. Sanderson?
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension