Software engineer and tech entrepreneur with professional experience as an equities trader. Partnered with one other developer to co-create and co-develop a startup company, Veriwalk (www.veriwalk.com), which utilizes NodeJS, MongoDB, PhoneGap and native Android app development to power a website, mobile app and tracking system so dog walkers can track their walks via GPS for the convenience
• Created a regression testing system which aggregates commonly used API call data in order to ensure future changes in API code will sufficiently handle real-world requests.
• Developed front-end overlays for HTML5 video elements to step through videos frame by frame and save screenshots to the backend.
• Wrote new core features into the EXPO platform and extended and re-constructed old features.
• Implemented a client-facing video player customization system that wrapped the commerical JWPlayer and allowed for the swapping of plugins, skins and other features that were also developed as part of the project.
• Constructed a system to retrieve e-mail via an IMAP server and insert CSV data into the database in specific formats based on sender, attachments and file type.
• Co-wrote and designed Veriwalk mobile app in PhoneGap -- the app has been accepted to both Android and Apple app stores.
• Co-wrote and designed Veriwalk backend using NodeJS and MongoDB.
• Marketed and sold Veriwalk app to dog walking companies bringing in organic revenues From August 2011 to January 2014 (2 years 6 months) Domestic Equities Trader @ • Given up to $3MM of the firm’s capital to employ self-created short-term equity trading strategies
• Trained and assisted for a proven and producing equities trader who utilized between $20 and $50 million on a daily basis to produce large returns from trading in the US equity markets.
• Wrote a program in VBA utilizing DDE and File I/O functions to alert a user who has entered trade orders as to how soon the order may be executed.
• Obtained FINRA Series 7 and 55 licenses. From December 2008 to June 2012 (3 years 7 months) Self-Employed Technical Trader @ • Employed self-created technical-based long/short trading strategies to time the markets and various equities.
• Has studied, programmed and implemented quantitative trading methods using SmartQuant’s OpenQuant platform. From July 2007 to October 2008 (1 year 4 months) Vulnerability Analyst @ • Recruited as intern in college for the Vulnerability Aggregation Team in 2004 and was hired full time as a Vulnerability Analyst in 2005.
• Programmed numerous automation engines in PHP for processing vulnerability information quickly and accurately.
• Analyzed computer software vulnerabilities and wrote thousands of reports documenting their existence and their potential for corporate threat.
• Used OllyDbg, IDA Pro, GDB, Ethereal and other disassembly, debugging and security tools consistently. From January 2004 to June 2008 (4 years 6 months)
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension