Commodities Regulatory Project - Lead Business Analyst (Contract) @ Centrica Energy
VP: Macro IT Regulatory Project Lead & Business Analyst @ Barclays
VP: Commodities IT Risk Strategic Feeds Business Analyst @ Barclays
An OpenLink Endur technologist of 14 years with "cradle to grave" project experience working in a global investment bank as a commodities business analyst, developer and project lead, mainly on traditional waterfall projects but with recent training for Agile and Scrum. Various degrees of exposure to the full trade lifecycle for Oil, Gas, Power, Coal, Emissions, Base/Precious
An OpenLink Endur technologist of 14 years with "cradle to grave" project experience working in a global investment bank as a commodities business analyst, developer and project lead, mainly on traditional waterfall projects but with recent training for Agile and Scrum. Various degrees of exposure to the full trade lifecycle for Oil, Gas, Power, Coal, Emissions, Base/Precious Metals, FX, Plastics and Agricultural products.
A strong reputation for delivery based on stakeholder facing roles as the Endur 3rd line support and minor works development manager. Additionally, as a lead on various Endur project implementations, new product / derivative rollouts, trade novations, database migrations, version upgrades and regulatory projects.
Experienced in hiring, training, coaching and managing small to medium sized teams.
Commodities Regulatory Project - Lead Business Analyst (Contract) @ Lead IT Business Analyst for REMIT Phase 1 Transaction Reporting
• Clarification of business requirements
• Functional Specification
• OpenLink Endur Back Office Desktop Technical Design From June 2015 to Present (5 months) WindsorVP: Macro IT Regulatory Project Lead & Business Analyst @ IT project lead and business analyst managing stakeholders and a team of 2 developers.
• Enhanced trade booking functionality, which ensured compliance with “EMIR Article 39” for account segregation of base metals trades.
• Authored the functional specification document enabling the development team to produce a solution design that fully met the business requirements for EMIR Article 39.
• Ensured a successful trade migration and new functionality go live for EMIR Article 39 through detailed implementation planning and defining post go live support procedures.
• Clarified requirements and performed a gap analysis to identify and document work required for tactical compliance with “nexus” transaction reporting obligations.
• Worked as part of a team to define a strategic solution for nexus transaction reporting, designed to ensure compliance with all current and expected future nexus reporting obligations. From November 2013 to June 2015 (1 year 8 months) canary wharfVP: Commodities IT Risk Strategic Feeds Business Analyst @ Responsible for gathering, clarifying and pushing back on business requirements.
• Provided greater flexibility and control to the month end price testing process by eliciting the functional requirements for a new downstream feed of trade, risk and valuation data. From April 2013 to November 2013 (8 months) Canary WharfVP: OpenLink Endur Back Office Desktop Co-Project Lead & Lead Business Analyst @ Co-project lead, lead business analyst and technical design authority on a solution covering OpenLink Endur's Back Office Desktop, Connex, RightFax, an implementation of Accounting Manager and the Tax Module. Responsible for gathering and documenting requirements, solution design and managing stakeholders and the global development team.
• Automated invoice, accounting, tax and payment creation workflows for all commodities products, providing significant headcount savings to the operations team.
• Integrated role segregation and created automated control reports to greatly reduce the risk of financial risk incidents. From April 2012 to April 2013 (1 year 1 month) Canary WharfVP: OpenLink Endur Senior Development Lead and Business Analyst @ Led a project to review the global resets process and managed a team of 3 developers and 1 analyst.
• Reduced operational issues by producing a roadmap document that recommended a consolidation of disparate processes to best practice.
• Implemented quick wins to provide stability and performance improvements to the OpenLink Endur production environment.
• Implemented a new automated market data feed from Reuters to improve timeliness of reset price data. From October 2010 to April 2012 (1 year 7 months) Canary WharfVP: OpenLink Endur Back Office Desktop Technical Lead @ Technical lead on a Back Office Desktop and Connex implementation project managing a team of 6 developers across London and Singapore and working with the IT PM, lead BA and programme lead as part of the management team. Responsible for requirements gathering, technical design alongside the vendor consultants and planning / execution of the go live strategy and business migration.
• Automated trade verification, invoice and payment creation workflows for financially settled derivatives, providing headcount savings to the operations team.
• Produced a release strategy separating the technical and business go live dates to reduce risk.
• Developed post go live support tools and procedures that ensured there were no major incidents as part of the release. From June 2009 to October 2010 (1 year 5 months) Canary WharfAVP: OpenLink Endur EMEA / APAC Development Lead @ Responsible for “minor works” development, major production incident handling, management of 6 developers and chaired the steering committee meeting with Director and MD business heads from front, middle and back office teams.
• Introduced development standards and performed a technical review of all production releases which ensured no major incidents due to IT change, covering a wide range of Endur configuration and coding.
• Acted as the Barclays SME providing guidance and quality assurance on an outsourced project that successfully migrated metals trades from an unsupported toolset.
• Led several project streams on the Sybase to Oracle and Endur v6 to v8 upgrade project. Responsible for setting up intraday servers and services, providing the back-up process for mini environments, creation of custom data archiving procedures and the removal of a large number of redundant scripts. From June 2007 to June 2009 (2 years 1 month) Canary WharfAnalyst: OpenLink Endur Senior Developer / Team Lead @ Responsible for a team of up to 6 developers as direct reports that were hired, trained, coached and performance managed.
• Implemented administrative processes which improved tracking and reporting of vendor support tickets.
• Managed and released a “head of branch” Endur core code upgrade that contained over 200 fixes, including identification of a critical bug requiring a hot fix due to thorough testing coverage. From November 2006 to June 2007 (8 months) Canary WharfAnalyst: OpenLink Endur Developer @ Responsible for core system configuration and the creation of custom AVS and Sybase SQL scripts.
• Developed reporting, downstream and real time position engine (RTPE) AVS scripts and core system configuration, which enabled trading in new businesses such as continental power and gas, emissions and plastics.
• Amended AVS and Sybase scripts, which ensured successful regression testing during the v5 to v6 Endur upgrade project. From June 2004 to November 2006 (2 years 6 months) Canary WharfAnalyst / Developer / Team Lead @ 3 years spent working on OpenLink Endur projects, responsible for resolution of client issues, design of change requests and management of 2 developers. Major projects included a migration from Sybase to Oracle and an OpenLink Endur version upgrade from v5 to v6.
2 years on other support and development projects within the Energy & Utilities division utilising Remedy Help Desk developer, PowerBuilder and Oracle. From August 1999 to June 2004 (4 years 11 months) LeatherheadDeveloper @ University Placement Year
COBOL, Natural & Java development From August 1997 to August 1998 (1 year 1 month) Whyteleafe
BSc (Hons), Information Systems Management, 2:1 @ Bournemouth University From 1995 to 1999 Wayne Healy is skilled in: Trading Systems, Endur, Openlink, Business Analysis, Commodity Markets, Functional..., Business Requirements, Project Delivery, AVS Scripting, Commodity, Middle Office, Team Leadership, System Design, Staff Management, Back Office, Oracle, Market Data, Derivatives, Swaps, Sybase, Technical Project..., Technical Leadership, Credit Derivatives, Equity Derivatives, Electronic Trading, FX Options, Investment Banking, Requirements Gathering, SDLC, Requirements Analysis, SQL, Project Management, Market Risk, Stakeholder Management, Options, Change Management, User Acceptance Testing, Analysis, Regression Testing, PL/SQL, XML, Team Management, Testing, Visio, IT Management, Gap Analysis
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension