Group IT Director with extensive senior level experience of implementing and managing national & global IT service delivery functions, high value software solutions and IT Infrastructure architectures across multi site locations in the UK, Europe, Asia and the US gained within the professional services, finance and automotive sectors. Strategic and highly analytical with strong commercial acumen and
Group IT Director with extensive senior level experience of implementing and managing national & global IT service delivery functions, high value software solutions and IT Infrastructure architectures across multi site locations in the UK, Europe, Asia and the US gained within the professional services, finance and automotive sectors. Strategic and highly analytical with strong commercial acumen and a demonstrable track record of success in senior leadership roles. A highly capable senior manager with the vision and drive to facilitate and manage change and to deliver planned outcomes. An inspirational leader who creates a stimulating, high performing working environment for teams and individuals.
Replaced ageing IT infrastructure across UK & Europe at KPRS with cloud based solution enabling a speedy migration to new Microsoft server and desktop systems resulting in both an increase in productivity internally as well as external access to IT systems, reducing operational costs by 20%
Delivered a major transformation programme at Marks & Clerk which encompassed the delivery of a new document management system - iManage worksite, a CRM solution - Lexis Nexis InterAction and a full technology refresh covering server and desktop virtualisation, network redesign and datacentre co-location. Reduced operating cost by c£400,000 annually.
Built a global centralised service desk function. Recruited and trained staff, created and communicated a complete set of ITIL compliant policies and procedures covering incident and problem management. Achieved a measurable improvement in service levels, a 20% reduction in repeat faults and much improved levels of customer satisfaction.
IT Director, Head of IT, CIO Strategic Management, Budget Management, Stakeholder Management, Service management, ITIL, Project Management, Business Recovery, International, Global, Programme Management, IT security, Change management
Interim CIO @ UK & European IT Recruitment and Executive Search Company
• Replaced ageing IT infrastructure across UK & Europe with cloud based solution enabling a speedy migration to new Microsoft server and desktop systems resulting in both an increase in productivity internally as well as external access to IT systems, reducing operational costs by 20%
• Migration of existing CRM and client database to new CRM and sales application platforms.
• Produced full set of IT operations procedures for handover to in house IT team From March 2013 to July 2013 (5 months) London, United KingdomGroup IT Director @ Leading global Intellectual Property Firm with 500 staff operating in multiple locations in the UK and worldwide
• Consolidated the firm's legacy datacentre's to a single new co-location facility.
• Reduced costs by £400,000 p.a. and achieved overall system availability figures of 99.99%.
• Reviewed business processes across the UK to produce a cohesive application development process
• Achieved ISO 9001 for business processes with measurable increases in productivity and profitability.
• Set up of new project management office (PMO) to support IT applications development & delivery.
• Rolled out a firm wide document management system and integration of CRM with practise and knowledge management systems.
• Successfully supported the setup of a new solicitors firm providing IT systems and services, including full compliance with law society regulations. From October 2002 to February 2013 (10 years 5 months) London, United KingdomIT Manager @ Major international law firm specialising in corporate litigation and tax with offices located in 16 countries
• Reviewed the global IT Infrastructure to improve the delivery and management of corporate systems.
• Implemented solutions that reduced response times and increased the use of these systems by users.
• Reviewed the number of external suppliers and reduced overall costs by 20%.
• Project managed the IT systems changes required for a merger with major German Law Firm.
• Managed the opening of 2 new offices in Frankfurt and Munich, as part of the merger business plan.
• Led the major global programme to open new International offices in Milan, Warsaw, Paris and Hong Kong. All locations fully operational on schedule and within budget From February 1999 to September 2002 (3 years 8 months) London, United KingdomAssociate IT Director @ UK Investment Manager with over £45 Billion of assets under management – 600 staff in the UK and Far East
• Restructured existing department and optimised business processes to improve customer service.
• Led a system conversion project and upgraded the current desktop and network infrastructure.
• Improved existing change management processes to ensure that procurement, set-up and installation of new systems, services and equipment was carried out efficiently.
• Performed a technology review for all UK, offshore and international offices.
• Established an operational review board to improve the communication process within the IT development and business support departments From June 1996 to January 1999 (2 years 8 months) London, United KingdomTechnical Services Manager @ Leading financial services company with £388 Billion of funds under management
• Provided tactical & strategic technical support to both Investment Company and Group headquarters.
• Focused on improving existing standards and customer satisfaction.
• Restructured the Technical Services Department to place a further emphasis on Customer support.
• Replaced market data feed software and hardware platform which improved service delivery to the Front Office dealer community from both a presentation and cost point of view.
• Established Technical Support project teams to work with development and business support groups to ensure new systems coming on-line were brought back on schedule and implemented smoothly into existing environment and fully met the original objectives and realised the business benefits. From June 1993 to May 1996 (3 years) London, United KingdomComputer Operations Manager @ Japanese car manufacturer with multiple office locations across the UK
• Recruited staff to implement and support computer operations, mainframe security, database administration, application development and support, voice and data communication and IS helpdesk to meet 6 month 'be operational' business plan.
• Jointly developed and implemented plan for installing mainframe application systems at Nissan Motor (UK) reducing risks for systems launch and saving £1/4m in hardware and software expenditure.
• Helped to develop 1st and 5 year business plan for information systems, including capacity plan for mainframe, network and PC systems. From June 1991 to May 1993 (2 years) Watford, United Kingdom
Tim Roche is skilled in: IT Strategy, IT Management, Stakeholder Management, PRINCE2, Governance, ITIL, Outsourcing, Project Delivery, Leadership, Team Building, Commercial Acumen, Change Management, Management, CRM, Integration
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension