As President and Chief Executive Officer of Nestlé Canada, Inc., Tim Brown is leading a multi-billion dollar operating company of the world’s largest food brand, providing executive leadership to a 3,600 member organization across eight business divisions and 21 manufacturing facilities, sales offices and distribution centers. Since his appointment in early 2010, Tim’s business priorities have been
As President and Chief Executive Officer of Nestlé Canada, Inc., Tim Brown is leading a multi-billion dollar operating company of the world’s largest food brand, providing executive leadership to a 3,600 member organization across eight business divisions and 21 manufacturing facilities, sales offices and distribution centers. Since his appointment in early 2010, Tim’s business priorities have been focused on building the brand and positioning the Company for long term growth and stability through product category integrations, route to market expansions and innovation acceleration.
Prior to his CEO position in Canada, Tim worked in the U.S. where he served as the EVP of Sales, Marketing, Customer Service and Logistics for Nestlé Waters North America. In this capacity and throughout his U.S. leadership career at Nestlé, he spearheaded business efforts to shape and strategically position the brand in a competitively intense environment. Under Tim’s leadership, Nestlé Waters achieved significant market share growth to earn the #1 position in the bottled water category across U.S. and Canada. With an aggressive and integrated growth strategy of trade channel expansions, sales process reengineering, product/packaging innovations and low cost/high speed manufacturing and distribution systems, a highly advantaged business model was developed that fueled exponential sales growth and enabled the Company to outpace the competition.
In addition to his Nestlé executive position, Tim has invested in and served on the Board of Directors for five start-up consumer products companies in the U.S. In these strategic advisory roles, Tim has functioned as a front end/behind the scenes advisor to build national expansion plans, sharing his business expertise in route to market strategies, manufacturing, distribution and sales/marketing. Tim is also a Board Member of several industry and non-profit organizations.
President/CEO @ From February 2013 to Present (2 years 10 months) President / Chief Executive Officer / CEO | (Sales,Operations,Marketing,Manufacturing,R&D,Product) @ As CEO of Nestlé Canada, leading multi-billion dollar operating company of the Nestlé Corporation with 3,600 employees in 21 manufacturing facilities, sales offices and distribution centers across eight business divisions: Beverages, Confectionery, Frozen Meals and Pizza, Ice Cream, Nestlé Professional, Nestlé Purina PetCare, Nestlé Waters and Nestlé Nutrition.
• Within two year period, reversed 3-year flat revenue growth trend to achieve profitable sales gains and delivered increase in marginal profitability through rigorous focus on cost containment, total quality management and pricing/promotional strategies.
• Shifted business from resource consolidation phase to growth mode focused on product category integration, route to market expansions, innovation acceleration and brand building.
• Transformed organizational culture from a top-down, siloed environment to one of full integration, synergy and leverage of cross-functional efforts and strengths. Established unified vision, purpose and values aligned with overall business strategy to heighten solidarity, ownership and accountability across every organizational level. From February 2010 to February 2013 (3 years 1 month) Executive Vice President (VP) | (Sales / Marketing / Operations / General Management / Product) @ 20+ year career at Nestlé Waters North America marked by rapid advancement and achievement. Joined The Perrier Group, $400M privately held company at onset of bottled water category, which was later acquired by Nestlé in 1992.
Operated in 8+ national sales and retail account leadership roles across U.S., each with progressive responsibility. Career culminated in EVP assignment, leading multi-billion dollar retail operations division for 10 core brands across three trade channels: U.S. Retail Sales, Canada Retail Sales and Home and Office Delivery.
Served on 10-member executive team and led 900-person organization across Sales, Marketing, Customer Service and Logistics.
• Built sustained shareholder value by delivering year-over-year profitable revenue gains and significant market share growth in highly dynamic, competitive and challenging economic environments.
• Pioneered bottled water product category by building a highly scalable and advantaged business model, positioning company for sustainable, long-term growth in competitively intense environment. Against all industry odds, outpaced dominant players (Coca-Cola and Pepsi), growing market share to earn #1 position in U.S. and Canada within 9-year timeframe.
• Built sales organization from the ground up and served as lead architect in developing national account strategy to propel the brand. Spearheaded strategic shift in operations, moving from highly fragmented, regional-based company with brokers and third-party distributors to centralized, direct 650-member national sales force.
• Led business efforts to secure accounts with major food service operators, mass merchandisers, supermarkets and club stores, growing retail customer base from 2,000 to 300,000+. From 2001 to 2010 (9 years) Vice President of Sales | Senior Executive Leadership (Business Development / Marketing / Strategy) @ From 1999 to 2000 (1 year) General Manager | CPG / Food Industry Executive Leadership (Sales,Marketing,Operations,etc.) @ From 1996 to 1999 (3 years) Director of National Accounts and Food Services | Consumer Products Executive @ From 1993 to 1996 (3 years) Broker Manager | Distributor Manager | Sales Development Manager | Consumer Products @ From 1988 to 1993 (5 years) Multiple Sales and Key Account Representative Positions across U.S. | Consumer Products @ From 1985 to 1988 (3 years)
Bachelor of Arts, Marketing/Marketing Management, General @ Saint Bonaventure University From 1981 to 1985 Williamsville East From 1977 to 1981 Tim Brown is skilled in: Sales & Marketing Leadership, Organic Business Growth, Competitive Positioning, Scalable Route to Market Strategies, Innovation Advancements, Continuous Improvement, Values-Based Leadership, Total Quality Management, Trade Channel Expansions, Sales Process Reengineering, Best-in-Class Supply Chain Operations, Food & Beverage, Food, Beverage, Beverage Industry
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension